GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

1 hour ago, Caya said:

Wattpad is a writers' site afaik and not an image hoster, besides.

Surely writers want to share their stuff too?   And illustrate their stories and articles?

Yeah, which is why Wattpad hosts gifs at all, I'd wager, but what would they gain from allowing those pics to be linked here, without attribution usually? But I really dunno, since I don't even have an account there let alone any kind of dog in that race, so I'm really the wrong person to ask.

OK, my questions were basically rhetorical.  But how did you get that image into your Imgur account?  Or did you simply find it somewhere else?

Right click and choose "copy image address" or whatever it's called in English (my browser's German, sorry), go to Imgur, add new image, past in said address.

Really?!  Hang on, let me try again.  Well, this time, working with the Google image that Jen linked to, I do get a drop-down menu with a "copy image location" option.  When I click on "copy image location," I don't get anything ending in .gif (or with any file extension at all, which may be what fooled me last time), but when I paste it here, it works anyhow, either way.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

In short, it's possible to hotlink to a Wattpad image via Google images.  (However, if I click on the link below the Google image, so that I'm on the actual Wattpad page, I haven't yet found a way to get the image address, though it may well be possible.)

Back to your question, @Jen -- if you click on the link you posted:

On 10/29/2020 at 5:22 PM, Jen said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/e9HSmhhd1tmodriA7

I'm trying this method. It doesn't work...

... it will take you to your Google images page.  Right-click on the image there (or whatever your phone's equivalent is -- on mine it's press-lightly-on-the-image-and-hold).  You should get a drop-down menu.  Select whatever option sounds like it might give you the image's address / location.  Then all you should need to do is go to the forum post that you're creating, and paste it in.  See if that works.  (If not, see if any of the other menu options sound like possibilities.)

If nothing works, or if you don't know how to copy and/or paste using your phone, let us know what type of phone you have and somebody here should be able to help you.

Cela fonctionne pour l'image, pas pour les gifs. 

tzolzo11.jpg

Lorsque je clique sur le lien (sur ma page d'image Google), il n'y a pas d'option pour l'adresse de l'image. 

Voici le menu déroulant

Ouvrir l'image dans un autre onglet 

Copiez l'image ( it don't work)

Téléchargez l'image (sur mon téléphone) 

Partagez l'image (sur Messenger, Facebook, Twitter ......) 

J'ai sauvegardé l'image sur mon téléphone, puis j'ai téléchargé l'image sur servimg.com. C'est mon site de partage d'images. Je ne peux pas le faire avec des gifs ... 

Zut alors, our site has gone international, again! :lol: (don't worry, that's not your fault and has happened before, with Portugese iirc)

I'm not sure I understood that correctly (my French is *very* rusty), but if servimg.com doesn't allow for the saving of gifs, how about making an account with imgur? That's what I use and it can work with all kinds of graphics. Anyway, congrats on posting your first image! :applause: 

• Like 1

🤔🤔 I don't understand... What's going on??? I always write in english on the forum. But it's in French! How is that possible?

I'm so sorry 😵 

Here my message in english : 

It works for the image, not for the gifs.

When I click on the link (on my Google image page), there is no option for the image's address.

Here is the drop-down menu:

Open the image in another tab

Copy the image ( it don’t work)

Download the image (on my phone)

Share the image (on Messenger, Facebook, Twitter ......)

I saved the image on my phone, then I downloaded the image on servimg.com. This is my image-sharing site. I can’t do it with gifs ...

Like I said, no reason to be sorry, the forum has done it before. ;)

3 hours ago, Jen said:

I always write in english on the forum. But it's in French! How is that possible?

Did you use a translation app to get the English?  In any case, do have a translation app on your phone?  As Caya said, this sort of this has happened before, and I seem to recall that a translation app was involved.  I'll see if I can find that incident.

Thank you 🙂 

However, I think it was a technical problem, because I had really written in English 😂 My message appeared in French mysteriously...

Yes, I've a translation app on my phone, but  I don't use it 🤔 

For the gifs, how can I use Imgur? Is it the same or different than Servimg? 

See this thread, Jen -- most of it is actually about the mysterious Portuguese translations, which occurred even when the poster wrote in English -- it'd turn into Portuguese a little while later.

So I'm thinking it might help if you disabled your app, since you aren't using it anyhow.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Jen said:

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide!! J'essaierai ça plus tard aujourd'hui !!😀

I saw this post in English a while ago!  See the thread I linked to in my last post -- this is exactly the sort of thing that happened then.  The person would post in English and other members would see it in English -- but then after a short while it would turn into Portuguese.

Disabling the app (even though she hadn't used it) apparently fixed the problem.  She only posted twice after disabling it, but both of those posts have stayed in English.

😮😮I understand all about it now!!!!! 

I disabled the app, I hope everything works now! 😅

Thank you very much !!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jen said:

I disabled the app, I hope everything works now! 😅

Thank you very much !!!

Well, it's been two hours and your post is still in English!  :applause:

And you are most welcome -- that's what we moderators are here for.

• Like 1

https://imgur.com/gallery/bl5Ov

edit by Caya: Thanks for the gallery link, that's a great one! :thumbsup: Unfortunately, you can't embed a whole gallery, you'd have to do that for each pic separately, like this:

o0bA209.gif

Edited by Caya

Well, in the above example it didn't work because that was a gallery, as in, more than one picture at the same time. Individual pictures work just fine, or should at any rate - give it a try and if it *still* doesn't work, please describe me (step by step) what you were doing and where the process failed.

https://images.app.goo.gl/9kZvr3zE35F9hXzn9[/img]

edit by Caya: you need the proper image address, not the google one, then it works - in this case, it's from tumblr. Right click and choose "copy graphics address" or however it's called in a French browser and you'll get it.

tumblr_n2grtatV4p1tqxsfgo1_500.gif

Edited by Caya

Okay, I just realized that this was a bit brief. The address as you used it is:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://24.media.tumblr.com/b638da760dd127d1e14a40951da1fea1/tumblr_n2grtatV4p1tqxsfgo1_500.gif&imgrefurl=https://wifflegif.com/tags/4470-john-watson-gifs?page%3D4&tbnid=n80UtGtS81YSfM&vet=1&docid=mGHGH6B0icF2yM&w=500&h=265&itg=1&source=sh/x/im

This has a lot of html chaff like referrals and tags and our site's software is overwhelmed. The "naked" tumblr address, by contrast, is:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b638da760dd127d1e14a40951da1fea1/tumblr_n2grtatV4p1tqxsfgo1_500.gif

See the difference in length? That, basically, is what causes the problem.

• Like 1

😂 I'm so desperate!!!😂 that’s exactly what I’m trying to do... But I can't because I can't find the image adress... I've been looking everywhere . I don't understand... 😅

Which browser do you use, Jen? And are you on a PC/laptop or on mobile?