GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

1 minute ago, Artemis said:

When I was taking tech classes, they handed out rubber ducks to us all as a gift.  They were all unique, we each got to pick one.  Mine looks like a calico cat.

That was a really good idea!  I've never seen a calico duck, though -- any chance you could post a photo?

On 12/2/2020 at 11:41 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Kinda makes you have second thoughts about trying to help someone, doesn't it? 

Seriously.  No good deed goes unpunished, as the saying goes.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:41 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Were you able to clear the air at all with the director?

Not especially.  He was on a schedule, and I was caught off guard, so I wasn't as responsive as I'd have liked to be, given time to think.

13 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

That was a really good idea!  I've never seen a calico duck, though -- any chance you could post a photo?

Sure, it looks like these!  :happy:

Cats-Rubber-Duck-Mini-OT-4__36387.160502

cat-rubber-duckies~16_881.jpg

00c33de9b21d0a264df36a12928760f6.jpg

il_570xN.714270217_k95t.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a hippy-chick duck and a ... I think it's a fireman, or maybe a sailor. I can't show you a picture because they're in storage with most of my other worldly belongings.

There is -- or was -- a store in Staunton, VA that sold nothing but rubber duckies. Alas, I was there when they were closed and didn't get to go in, but I bet I spent a half hour just looking in the window. Police ducks, actor ducks, dog ducks, tree ducks, truck ducks, religious ducks, big ducks, tiny ducks, birthday cake ducks ... it was wonderful. Hope they're still there, I've always wanted to go back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

There is -- or was -- a store in Staunton, VA that sold nothing but rubber duckies.

A quick internet search (using DuckDuckGo, of course) reveals that there are duck stores in Maine, Massachusetts, Florida, Colorado, and Amsterdam -- and that the Best Western Inn in Staunton provides a rubber duck in each bathtub.  If you can't find the store next time you're in town, you might try asking the Best Western where it is.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

A quick internet search (using DuckDuckGo, of course) reveals that there are duck stores in Maine, Massachusetts, Florida, Colorado, and Amsterdam -- and that the Best Western Inn in Staunton provides a rubber duck in each bathtub.  If you can't find the store next time you're in town, you might try asking the Best Western where it is.

Well, drat. The inn probably bought out the store. Phoo. Guess I'll have to go to Maine instead.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

The inn probably bought out the store.

Maybe.  Or maybe they're owned by the same people, and the rubber ducks in the rooms are advertising for the store.  Or maybe it's just a duck-friendly town.

It seems to work for me, in the no-BBCode small version anyhow (and clicking does enlarge it):

39728f19c853d559331bdeaef570ff30.gif

The "img" version just ignores the BBCode and does the same thing.

I take it this is from a movie that I've never seen (or have forgotten portions of).  So not knowing the context, I have no idea what your mood might be!

• 4 weeks later...

Since there is nowhere to go and nothing to do, I will be celebrating my birthday by deep-cleaning the house.

tumblr_p9t9wm61Ne1wzypxlo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

Since there is nowhere to go and nothing to do, I will be celebrating my birthday by deep-cleaning the house.

Good for you!  I shall endeavor to be inspired by your example (even though it isn't my birthday).

• Haha 1

I did pretty well!  I got just about everything clean except for the bathroom, which I will have to do another day because I'm exhausted.  It's nice to have a (mostly) clean house.

45b0d5cf6da4d11b1a692e422767aa0e.gif

12 hours ago, Artemis said:

I did pretty well!  I got just about everything clean except for the bathroom, which I will have to do another day because I'm exhausted.  It's nice to have a (mostly) clean house.

I have fond memories of that clean-house feeling!  Things got kinda out of hand here when I was mostly at Mom's and Alex was having to do everything himself, including taking care of five cats,  in addition to working full time.  But we got through it, and now we're slowly digging out.

Bathrooms can be a project all their own.

• 2 weeks later...