GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

7 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

If if makes you feel any better, the weather app may be talking about places like coastal British Columbia rather than the Yukon Territory.

Winnipeg and Anchorage, specifically.

7 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

they're predicting highs in the 50s, starting in just a few days.

Highs in the 30's here.  Everyone's excited for the "warmth", lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Artemis said:

Highs in the 30's here.  Everyone's excited for the "warmth", lol.

I can believe that!  When I lived in Iowa, there was a week or two straight when the highs never got above zero (that's 18 below, for you Celsius people), which was very unusual there, so even the natives stayed home.  We went to the Kmart one evening, and there were about half a dozen cars in the lot -- probably five employees and us.  So when things got back into the positive digits, folks were positively giddy!

• 1 month later...

Hey, Artie, glad to see you again!

And I hope your Christmas turns out better than it has apparently started.

Thanks Carol.  It wasn't that bad, I just couldn't be less in the mood.  It's been a bad year and I'm fully drained of anything that could potentially resemble "Christmas cheer" at this point.  I'm just ready to get it over with.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Artemis said:

It wasn't that bad....

I'm relieved to hear that!

24 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I'm fully drained of anything that could potentially resemble "Christmas cheer" at this point.  I'm just ready to get it over with.

Yeah, some years are like that.  But only a few more days and the 2022 holidays will be over.  Meanwhile just ignore 'em as best you can.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't too bad.  I tried food from two new restaurants I've never eaten at before, and now I'm relaxing at home with my dog, eating homemade cake.  If anything I wish I had more time to be a couch potato before going back to work, lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...