Pseudonym

GIF Your Mood

Which episode / scene is that Watson GIF from?  It's clearly Series 3, but I haven't been able to narrow it down any further.

It’s not Watson, I think it’s a scene from Swinging With the Finkles

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:38 AM, Pseudonym said:

Bloody cat, waking me up by standing at the bedroom door screeching. 😾

Don't close the door.

8 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Which episode / scene is that Watson GIF from?  It's clearly Series 3, but I haven't been able to narrow it down any further.

Is it from HLV, as Sherlock leaves to go shopping for a ring? I remember John staring after him for a minute, but I can't remember if it was raining.

Just curious … why are you so sure it's from S3? Originally I was thinking from the end of Scandal, when Mycroft's waiting outside Speedy's in the rain, except I think John's facing the wrong way.

3 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

It’s not Watson, I think it’s a scene from Swinging With the Finkles

Or that, yeah. :D 

16 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Don't close the door.

Yeah... except my cats are not allowed in my bedroom because I'm asthmatic and have enough issues breathing at night without the added joy of cat hair on my pillow. 

Tbh, I don't think it's Swinging with the Finkels. It is. ;) It's when he thinks his wife has slept with someone else, which even though he agreed to he can't handle it and leaves.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Originally I was thinking from the end of Scandal, when Mycroft's waiting outside Speedy's in the rain, except I think John's facing the wrong way.

That was my first though too, but different coat.  I figured it must be from something else, I couldn’t recall another scene where he was standing outside in the rain like that.

Yet why does he look so very Watsony there?  He’s in Watson clothes, with a Watson haircut, and a Watson expression; and it even looks like he’s standing right outside 221B, glaring with aggravation like he just had a row with a checkout machine followed by a passing encounter with Mycroft, who refused to share his umbrella.  Does he just play Watson in everything he’s in?  :P 

Well, actors generally are hired to play a type.... :D 

On 12/30/2018 at 8:32 AM, Arcadia said:

Just curious … why are you so sure it's from S3?

Because in S1 and S2 he parted his hair on the other side.  (You see, but you do not observe.)

On 12/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, Artemis said:

... why does he look so very Watsony there?  He’s in Watson clothes, with a Watson haircut, and a Watson expression; and it even looks like he’s standing right outside 221B, glaring with aggravation like he just had a row with a checkout machine followed by a passing encounter with Mycroft, who refused to share his umbrella.

Yeah.  :huh:  It was the clothes that really fooled me.

16 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?  :P

5 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Because in S1 and S2 he parted his hair on the other side.  (You see, but you do not observe.)

Darn straight. That's what we have Sherlock for. :P

5 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:
21 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?  :P

Okay, I'm clearly dim in other ways too, because I'm not getting the joke.....

... I didn’t get it either but didn’t want to admit to it. 🤫

• Thanks 1

Well, you know, actors hate to be typecast.  So I'd imagine that they react to that expression as though it were a swearword. 

Or maybe you're not familiar with the saying "do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" -- which is a way of implying that someone just used a "dirty word."

Or maybe I was trying to be just a tad *too* clever?

tumblr_nhgvxwchBC1rvzbdgo1_400.gif

11 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Well, you know, actors hate to be typecast.  So I'd imagine that they react to that expression as though it were a swearword. 

Or maybe you're not familiar with the saying "do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" -- which is a way of implying that someone just used a "dirty word."

Or maybe I was trying to be just a tad *too* clever?

Ahem … er … I think, in the interests of forum harmony, that I will forego answering that question.... :whistle:

:P 

• Tongue 1

Eurgh, put on so much weight over Christmas.  Don't know (or care) what a roundhouse roll is, but definitely starting to feel like this puppeh.

e6d123e605b47d27c3b79afd73928541.jpg

Texas Roadhouse is a restaurant chain.  So Texas Roadhouse rolls would be the dinner rolls that they serve.  Or do you folks call them buns?  In any case, dinner rolls are little "loaves" of bread in various shapes, about the size of your fist.  (Then there are sweet rolls, alias cinnamon buns, etc.)

...Nope, still don't care. ;) 

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:48 AM, Pseudonym said:

I'd like to see Sherlock have to spend a few days non-stop with Mr Poppy

I think Mr. Poppy might meet with an unfortunate accident, were that the case . . .

Unless Sherl turned him into a (very irregular) Irregular . .  working far away if possible.  :)

Seriously, did anyone really think, even in the context of a comedy film that Mr. Poppy was in any way an appropriate adult to be working with children?

Of course he's appropriate -- he's the principal's nephew!

My eldest brother and his family are down visiting my parents and I've been bullied into going to see them after work today. Really don't want to. 

94797e217827fb5087302c093f5c08af.gif

giphy.gif

n1H.gif

giphy.gif

Well I'm here, but that's because I'm in work feeling like everything is pointless

Poor forum, nobody gives it any love on the weekend.

My mood:

PK6TumO.gif

6 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Well I'm here, but that's because I'm in work feeling like everything is pointless

How is school going, Pseud?

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Poor forum, nobody gives it any love on the weekend.

My mood:

PK6TumO.gif

Why so nervous?

It's going well thanks, I had brilliant marks on my first two assignments - super happy with those. I have my third assignment with an essay to write this week, which I'm not looking forward to, need to get it out of the way so it can stop plaguing me. 

How's your course going?

• Like 1