Jump to content

GIF Your Mood


Pseudonym
 Share

Recommended Posts

There are some days I’d pay them the $12!

Anyway, sending good thoughts your way and hoping next week is better. You ever want to have a rant feel free to DM me. 🙂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I recently picked up an evening/weekend job to make ends meet, and my new boss looks, dresses, and behaves very much like Michael from "The Office".  His name is also Michael.  I was alone with him in the office today.  Just me and Michael...

tenor.gif

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How was it?

Michael is not the worst boss though, and he is easy to fool. 

 

Sometimes I am really pissed when someone feels entitled to try to take what is supposed to be mine.

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

How was it?

Michael is not the worst boss though, and he is easy to fool.

It is as you would expect working for someone like Michael, lol.  Sometimes he calls while I’m working and pretends to be someone else, using fake voices and accents.  He thinks no one can tell it’s him, but everyone can, lol.  He hides in his office and shifts blame when a client is angry about a mistake he made.  The other day he popped around the corner with his hood up and a mask on and tried to scare me.

This was Michael’s weekend off, so I worked with a different boss, who is like Angela from “The Office”.  That was worse.  Michael called to gloat that he was at home in his pajamas, watching Netflix on the couch all day.

He’s a salesman with a passion for his business, which is good; but it does make him very particular about (mostly unimportant) details, and he expects everyone else to love it like he does (which most of us probably don’t).

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weekend I worked three 18-hour shifts in a row, entirely on my feet, with almost no sleep or food.  I am extremely sore and exhausted, my body is done.  I am reduced to hobbling about at a snail’s pace and crawling up stairs.

tenor.gif?itemid=12678655

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Artemis said:

 Sometimes he calls while I’m working and pretends to be someone else, using fake voices and accents.  He thinks no one can tell it’s him, but everyone can, lol.  He hides in his office and shifts blame when a client is angry about a mistake he made.  The other day he popped around the corner with his hood up and a mask on and tried to scare me.

This is a real person, who was hired to do a real job at a real company?  I boggle.  :blink:

10 hours ago, Artemis said:

This was Michael’s weekend off

10 hours ago, Artemis said:

This weekend I worked three 18-hour shifts in a row, entirely on my feet, with almost no sleep.  I am extremely sore and exhausted, my body is done.  I am reduced to hobbling about at a snail’s pace and crawling up stairs.

But at least Michael wasn't there, right?  Thank Heaven for small favors!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

This is a real person, who was hired to do a real job at a real company?  I boggle. 

Yes, he is real, lol.  I'm working at a small family-owned business.  His business, now.  He's 5th generation.  So he can basically do whatever he wants, he's as high up as it gets.  There's no HR department or anything like that, though I'm sure I could complain to someone outside the company if I needed.  I'm generally good-humored and I mostly just take it in stride.  It's not like he's cruel or anything, he's just... Michael.  Lol.  I do dread his coming in to work a bit though, I admit.

2 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

But at least Michael wasn't there, right?  Thank Heaven for small favors!!!

Lol!  Well he was there on Friday, so I had to deal with him then.  I was relieved when I found out he wouldn't be in on Saturday/Sunday, until I started working with "Angela".  By mid-afternoon I was wishing he'd pop in just to give me a break from her.

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm on the subject, I also had a co-worker who was like Oscar from "The Office".  He was the only person who shared my job title, everyone else is above me in the hierarchy.  We got along famously, I was so happy to have him there.  But he quit last month, mostly because of the way he was treated by Michael and the other bosses.  I've been really sad about it, I feel as though I've lost a blossoming friendship.  I miss him a lot.  And now I'm doing the job of two.

f54df1e9673f2e44fd8dda6ddc908562.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and Michael dances around the office a bit like this.

giphy.gif

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2019 at 5:30 AM, Artemis said:

... my new boss looks, dresses, and behaves very much like Michael from "The Office".  His name is also Michael.

 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, Artemis said:

Sometimes he calls while I’m working and pretends to be someone else, using fake voices and accents.  He thinks no one can tell it’s him, but everyone can, lol.  He hides in his office and shifts blame when a client is angry about a mistake he made.  The other day he popped around the corner with his hood up and a mask on and tried to scare me.

 

18 hours ago, Artemis said:

Oh, and Michael dances around the office like this.

giphy.gif

 

 

Any chance that someone pointed out he had the same name and a physical resemblance, and he decided to complete the package?  Seems like there's way too much similarity for sheer coincidence, so I figure it's either that, or the show's character was based on your boss.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol!  I briefly considered that too, but I rather doubt it, it seems too genuine to be an act.  But who knows.  I haven’t been here for very long, so I don’t know him well enough to speculate with certainty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 2:30 AM, Pseudonym said:

Nope. Was the U2 iTunes incident a thing over there too? Where their newly released album was put on everyone’s iTunes account whether they wanted it or not? 

I find this extremely funny (because I feel the same way), but apologies if anyone's offended by it. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to be pretty irked when some "free" thing just shows up on my phone, so I do sympathize with those who got the free U2 album.  But that really was a funny video.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I would probably be irked too, if they have had downloaded, say, a thrash metal band. But the level of vitriol that was directed at U2 and Apple … nah, that I don't get. If I didn't like the album, I simply would have deleted it and moved on. 

Did I tell the story about the guy I contracted to repave my driveway? He was (as he proudly kept pointing out) very Irish. His quite-a-bit-younger brother and I got to talking, and I asked where in Ireland they were from. "Dublin." "Cool, my favorite band is from Dublin." "Who's that, then?" "U2, of course." "Who? Never heard of 'em."

Boy, did I feel old...… sXaR584.gif

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried so hard not to, but I finally caught the bad cold that everyone around me has been sick with.  Really wishing I didn’t have to go in to work this week...

giphy.gif

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I asked where in Ireland they were from. "Dublin." "Cool, my favorite band is from Dublin." "Who's that, then?" "U2, of course." "Who? Never heard of 'em." 

Isn't that kinda like someone from Liverpool who's never heard of the Beatles?

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I would probably be irked too, if they have had downloaded, say, a thrash metal band. But the level of vitriol that was directed at U2 and Apple … nah, that I don't get. If I didn't like the album, I simply would have deleted it and moved on.

Even if it was by, say, Guy Lombardo or Lawrence Welk?  As you imply later on, U2 was popular mostly when you were relatively young.  And I suspect the reaction to that free album was mostly from people who are young now.  If they've ever heard of U2, it's just some really old band that Grandma and Grandpa talk about.

10 hours ago, Artemis said:

I tried so hard not to, but I finally caught the bad cold that everyone around me has been sick with.  Really wishing I didn’t have to go in to work this week...

Doesn't your employer offer sick leave?  Or have you used up your annual allotment already?  In any case, you have my sympathy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Doesn't your employer offer sick leave?

No, not for my position.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darn!  Seems like they'd want to encourage people to stay home when they're sick, and not just because a sick person isn't likely to do their best work -- they're also gonna spread the germs around, which is why you're sick now.  But I've heard of only a few companies who will actually send you home if they notice you're sick.

By the way, can anyone tell me the British term that's equivalent to "sick leave," assuming that it isn't just "keep a stiff upper lip"?  (Somehow "ill leave" doesn't sound right to me.)  Definition:  A certain number of days per year that one is allowed to stay home due to illness and still get paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Even if it was by, say, Guy Lombardo or Lawrence Welk? 

Sure. I would've rolled my eyes, or muttered something rude, but I wouldn't have gone on social media and called Welk evil incarnate, etc.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

As you imply later on, U2 was popular mostly when you were relatively young.  And I suspect the reaction to that free album was mostly from people who are young now.

I do agree that younger people seem to be more likely to whine about trivial stuff than us old geezers. 😛 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Darn!  Seems like they'd want to encourage people to stay home when they're sick, and not just because a sick person isn't likely to do their best work -- they're also gonna spread the germs around, which is why you're sick now.  But I've heard of only a few companies who will actually send you home if they notice you're sick.

I've only ever had one job that offered sick leave. 😞 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I would've rolled my eyes, or muttered something rude, but I wouldn't have gone on social media and called Welk evil incarnate, etc.

I take it you're not exaggerating all that much?  I'm not particularly familiar with U2's work -- are there any themes that might rile certain groups?

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I've only ever had one job that offered sick leave.

That's clearly one disadvantage of being self-employed.   :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I've only ever had one job that offered sick leave. 😞 

I’ve never had one.  It seems to be a benefit that’s disappearing from many jobs.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like U2! With or Without You is still a pretty good car trip companion.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:52 AM, Artemis said:

I’ve never had one.  It seems to be a benefit that’s disappearing from many jobs.

Wait, so what happened if you take a sick day? They cut your annual leave?

I'm lucky to have sick days, but we need to prove it with Medical Certificate. Some company had annual cap, some didn't. I hardly used it, but some of my colleagues really made use of it for the slightest reasons they felt uncomfortable. Which I think, one of the reasons that makes companies restrict them maybe? It kind of ruining the concept imo, some really only take it when we need it. But in my experience, honesty pays. I didn't skip work and very seldom took sick leave, but when I need to, like unable to obtain certificate from clinic because I was too sick to go or urgently need to skip works without prior notices, my bosses were very lenient and trusting, but they behaved differently with my colleagues who abused the priviledge.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Wait, so what happened if you take a sick day? They cut your annual leave?

Technically I'm not allowed to miss work for being sick at all.  I'd just have to come in anyway.  But if I did stay home, no pay for that day and trouble with the boss.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.