Pseudonym

GIF Your Mood

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

If one good thing comes from this virus scare, hopefully it will be that everyone learns to wash their hands.

... and to cover their nose and mouth when they sneeze or cough!

• Like 1

Me at the store trying to get something that isn’t toilet paper.

vogSFnd.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, Artemis said:

I feel like the only person not freaking out about coronavirus.

People in my area are genearally pretty calm about it. There are longer than usual queue in grocery store, but it looks like common weekly necessity, not a hoard-up or something. The main popular hoarding items are in stock and I don't see people getting excessive amount.

I guess what most people are not ready about, is how to have enough stuff to keep yourself fed and taken care of for two weeks. Unease is more relevant word than freaking out, especially from the development of the last few day. Much needed travel plan especially, not me, but I'd be very affected, fingers crossed.

I got an email from the veterinary clinic we used to go to, saying don't bring your pets in for anything that can be postponed.  If they need to be seen right away, and if you're ill, please send the pet with a healthy friend or neighbor, and tell them to stay in their car and we'll come out to get the pet.

My eye doctor seems to be working on similar rules.  Spouses, drivers, et al. are to wait in the car while only the patient stays in the waiting room.  Non-essential treatments are being postponed.  And if you're ill, postpone your appointment and stay home.

I've received an email from practically every business I've ever given my email to, all telling me that their businesses are closing until further notice.  The few that aren't closing have drastically reduced their hours.  Most restaurants are offering delivery-only services.  The movie theaters had their last showing tonight.  I've seen so many people walking around the neighborhood today because there's nowhere else for anyone to go, lol.

I finally got that haircut I'd been putting off.  Just in time, it appears.

The roads are almost empty, which is nice. However, I was surprised to see how many people were shopping at Target yesterday. Necessity, I guess. Like me (I ran out of cat food.) But nobody was loading up on anything in particular, and the shelves were mostly stocked as usual. Except the meat department, it was almost empty.

I went to Target for frozen veggies last night and they were cleared out.

We're off to see our chiropractor in a few minutes, and then we'll shop at the grocery near her office.  Will let y'all know what we find.

Well, traffic on the Interstate seemed fairly normal -- and the ten-mile stretch that's been down to one lane every summer for the past five years or so is already that way again -- when will they make an end?

We went to a good-sized Kroger, and found them to be nearly/out of the following:  starchy foods (fresh potatoes, pasta, tortillas), pancake syrup, certain canned goods, frozen Tyson (chicken) products, frozen Gorton (fish) products, pretty much the entire paper products aisle (including TP, towels, and plates), diapers, baby wipes, large bags of dry pet food, and several other things that I've forgotten and/or couldn't figure out what had been there.  I was heartened to see that people do not seem to be hoarding booze or candy.

Wow. I feel privileged. The Target had all that stuff, except maybe the frozen meat ... I didn't check.

Something to do with supply chains, maybe.

Holding back a cutting retort.

551971ce91bdc5d8859184ab3d1989edeef752be

• Haha 1

:rofl: Let 'er rip, Artemis! :D 

• Haha 1

It's so hard...

My mood...

gcsdZVE.jpg

My brother just called to make sure I'm isolating myself. Like I'm not isolated enough already, this means I have to give up the one activity I really look forward too .... urghh.

This too shall pass!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

this means I have to give up the one activity I really look forward to

You do realize that we're now curious....?

On the good-news side, the US tax deadline has been moved out to July 15.  I'd read that somewhere, but just checked the IRS website to be sure.  They can't dictate to the states, of course, but seeing as how all the state tax forms that I'm aware of use the bottom line of your federal form as a starting point, I kind of expect they'll all follow suit.  (Yup, Indiana has already done so.)

2 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

You do realize that we're now curious....?

Oooooh, wouldn't YOU like to know, heh heh heh heh heh......

Okay, before anyone's imagination runs away with them ...  I get together with a couple friends once a week to paint and yak about stuff. Now we're all terrified of each other.

On the good-news side, the US tax deadline has been moved out to July 15.  I'd read that somewhere, but just checked the IRS website to be sure.  They can't dictate to the states, of course, but seeing as how all the state tax forms that I'm aware of use the bottom line of your federal form as a starting point, I kind of expect they'll all follow suit.  (Yup, Indiana has already done so.)

Wouldn't you know, for the first time in my life I filed my taxes early. The universe is out to get me. You're welcome. 😛 

Y'know, I was just thinking this would be an excellent time for Moftiss to do the world a favor and come out with a surprise fifth season of Sherlock. Alas, see aforementioned attitude of universe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Wouldn't you know, for the first time in my life I filed my taxes early. The universe is out to get me. You're welcome. 😛 

Same, lol.

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Y'know, I was just thinking this would be an excellent time for Moftiss to do the world a favor and come out with a surprise fifth season of Sherlock. Alas, see aforementioned attitude of universe.

Production on movies and TV shows has halted, so we're not getting anything new for an extra while, methinks.  :(

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Okay, before anyone's imagination runs away with them ...  I get together with a couple friends once a week to paint and yak about stuff. Now we're all terrified of each other.

Congratulations on coming up with such an innocuous explanation so quickly!  (You surely realize, however, that this just makes us all the more curious about what the real explanation might be.)

But seriously, thanks for helping me feel like maybe I'm normal.  We've been wanting to have a particular friend over, but she's been so busy (having moved twice in the past few months) that she hasn't been able to come.  Now I can imagine welcoming her by saying "You just sit over there on the other side of the room, my dear, and we'll shout at each other."

23 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Wouldn't you know, for the first time in my life I filed my taxes early.

At least you should be getting any refunds really soon.

We're thinking that we should go ahead and do ours right away for that reason, in hopes that most people will wait till early July.  But considering how many people are sitting at home just twiddling their thumbs these days, who knows?

18 hours ago, Artemis said:

Production on movies and TV shows has halted

Are you certain?  I haven't been able to find confirmation online, only that theaters are mostly closed, that studios have suspended reporting their boxoffice take, and that a lot of current / upcoming movies will go direct to streaming (and hopefully DVDs as well?).  We kinda need movies at times like this.

I don't know if it's true, but I would believe that movie production/etc. has halted ... that's an awful lot of people in close quarters. And I, too, hope that they remember some of us still rely on DVD. Although maybe the physical production required would be difficult right now? I assume that's all automated, but it would still require people working in proximity, and for a non-essential item ... hmmm. Dunno.

And I did get my refund already! Cool. Wasn't much, but every bit helps at this point. Oddly enough, nothing's been deposited to my mom's account yet, but they were filed at the same time. Oh well, soon, I hope. Not that I would use it, but I don't want to think about it any longer than I have to.

I'm starting to run low on tea bags, and was wondering if they were worth a trip to the store. Then I remembered my brother had given me a bag of fancy coffee, which I was intending to save for special occasions. I guess this is a special occasion.

I wonder if you just soak spices in hot water, would they make spice tea?

6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

We kinda need movies at times like this.

I agree!  It is true unfortunately, but to find the information you have to search for specific shows or studios.  For example, if you search for Disney, Netflix, Amazon, Warner Bros, CBS, etc., you will find articles about its production shutdown.  Here are two, more comprehensive ones from a couple weeks ago that I found by Googling "Disney production shutdown" just now:

"All the Shows and Movies Shut Down or Delayed Because of Coronavirus".

"Netflix, The CW, Freeform, Disney and More Shut Down Production on TV and Movies Due to Coronavirus".

It's a bummer.  :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Arcadia said:

if you just soak spices in hot water, would they make spice tea?

Yes, if they've been ground up, though some types may need to be simmered for a while.  Herbs (leafy parts) work just like regular tea leaves.  You can also mix & match.

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

if you search for Disney, Netflix, Amazon, Warner Bros, CBS, etc., you will find articles about its production shutdown.

That's disappointing, though quite understandable -- especially considering the long working hours that are often involved (bad for one's immune system).  I did read somewhere that Wonder Woman is still due to be released in June, though, so perhaps some post-production is still operating.

• Thanks 1

WideeyedBiodegradableCur-size_restricted

On 3/23/2020 at 12:12 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Yes, if they've been ground up, though some types may need to be simmered for a while.  Herbs (leafy parts) work just like regular tea leaves.  You can also mix & match.

I tried it ... meh. Probably needed to use twice as much spice but that stuff ain't cheap. But it suited me in a pinch. I endured being without my tea for one day, then headed to virus central the grocery store. The road was empty, it was weird.

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

WideeyedBiodegradableCur-size_restricted

So was I, but the sun came out yesterday, and it's out again today, and I'm feeling reinvigorated. I hate how gloomy weather affects me, and it's even worse at a time like this. Oh well, 'tis what it is.

PS -- take a walk, that might help. Did me. Although the jogger appearing out of nowhere gave me a start. :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

... take a walk, that might help. Did me.

As a change of pace from walking on the county roads around here, Alex and I drove to a nearby small town the other day.  It's never a particularly busy place, but it seemed even less busy than usual.  After we had walked for a bit, we saw a woman in the distance, walking toward us on the sidewalk, and we decided to turn onto the upcoming side street.  But before we could get there, she crossed the street and continued on that sidewalk.  I felt like hollering "Do we have bad breath or something?!"  :P

We had a nice walk, though.