Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Artemis

Official trailer for the Marvel series "WandaVision", coming to Disney+ in December (probably). 

Looks weird.  :blink:

I am definitely intrigued.  Loved the retro setting.  (And the whole thing looked familiar somehow....?)

I didn't quite catch the "coming from" info in the trailer, but according to Wikipedia, it's to be a "web television miniseries."  Darn.

32 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

(And the whole thing looked familiar somehow....?)

I got that feeling too, but I can’t figure out why (other than the characters/actors being familiar).

32 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I didn't quite catch the "coming from" info in the trailer, but according to Wikipedia, it's to be a "web television miniseries."  Darn.

Yep, it’s a Disney+ original series, so it will be available exclusively on the Disney+ streaming service for the foreseeable future.

It will also tie in to upcoming Marvel films, namely Doctor Strange 2.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I can’t figure out why (other than the characters/actors being familiar).

Oh, OK -- the same characters have appeared before?  I've never watched anything they've been in, but must have seen a clip or a trailer.  What are the names of the 50's housewife type and the dark-skinned man (android?)?  Oh, wait -- lemme guess:  Wanda and Vision?

3 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Oh, OK -- the same characters have appeared before?  I've never watched anything they've been in, but must have seen a clip or a trailer.  What are the names of the 50's housewife type and the dark-skinned man (android?)?

Wanda (a.k.a. Scarlet Witch) and Vision, respectively.  They featured in several Marvel films ('Avengers: Age of Ultron', 'Captain America: Civil War', 'Avengers: Infinity War', +), but I know you don't typically watch those.  They were a couple in 'Infinity War', and that movie was practically a cultural phenomenon, so it wouldn't surprise me if you caught a glimpse of them in one of the many clips floating around.  For some reason I remember you having said that you watched 'Infinity War', but I must be thinking of someone else?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Artemis said:

For some reason I remember you having said that you watched 'Infinity War', but I must be thinking of someone else?

I don't think I watched that.  I did finally watch umm, one superhero movie that I hadn't seen back when it came out.  It had Captain America and Everett Ross in it.  OK, that was Civil War.  And yup, both Wanda and Vision were in that too.

Good.  I'm not going crazy.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

"Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'.  The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus."

"Shang-Chi and the Lengend of the Ten Rings" wraps up production.  Coming to theaters July 9, 2021.

"Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" introduces America Chavez.  Coming to theaters March 25, 2022.

Christian Bale joins cast of "Thor: Love and Thunder" as villain Gorr the God Butcher.  Coming to theaters May 6, 2022.

ironheart_logo_018.jpg

Disney+ announces "Ironheart", a series about the genius creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

secretinvasion_logo_016a.jpg

Disney+ announces "Secret Invasion" series, featuring Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos from "Captain Marvel".

armorwars_logo_014.jpg

Disney+ announces "Armor Wars", featuring Rhodey as War Machine.  "A classic Marvel story about Tony Stark's worst fear coming true: What happens when his tech falls into the wrong hands?"

gotg_holiday_dd2c.jpg

James Gunn returns to write and direct the "Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special", set to release in 2022 on Disney+.  "Guardians of the Galaxy 3" comes to theaters in 2023.

she_maintitle_rh_v4a_4k_rfin.jpg

"She-Hulk" series on Disney+, starring Tatiana Maslany, will see the return of Mark Ruffalo as Hulk, and Tim Roth as the Abomination.

"'Deadpool 3' happening at Marvel Studios with new writers."

"'Deadpool 3' was officially confirmed in December 2019, but the character's co-creator and comics scribe Rob Liefeld gave a troubling update in May, suggesting that he wasn't asked back for the sequel.  He was also not very ecstatic about Marvel's plans for the character."

he_012_kbah_logo_finv1.jpg

Jeremy Renner to reprise his role in "Hawkeye" series, which will introduce archer Kate Bishop.  Coming to Disney+ in late 2021.

First look at "Ms. Marvel" series, coming to Disney+ in late 2021.  Character will likely team up with Carol Danvers in "Captain Marvel 2".

• Like 1