Jump to content

Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)


Artemis
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Loki" Charms, lol.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one??

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many of these are they going to release?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, why so many clips Marvel, whyyyy…

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Loki” promo/Hyundai commercial.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Lol okay, this one was actually kinda funny.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Caya, thought you might appreciate this.  :P 
 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I take it there's a story behind that?

It's related to "WandaVision".  There was a postman in the show who many people (including myself, briefly) thought was suspicious.  Theories about his true identity abounded, the most prominent being that he was the sinister supervillain, Mephisto.  But in the end, he turned out to be entirely innocuous.  "Just the messenger."

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MCU viewers were looking everywhere for A Big Bad Villain to pop up in WandaVision, sometimes reading way too far into things; and many were absolutely sure Mephisto would make an appearance.  But nothing ever came of it all.  The hilarious end result is that "Mephisto sightings" have now become a running gag among people watching the Marvel series', lol.  That suspicious-looking guard?  "Mephisto!"  The devilish figure in the stained glass?  "Mephisto!"  That bug over there?  "Mephisto, confirmed!"  It's pretty funny watching everyone poke fun at it and themselves, lol.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New “Ten Rings” trailer.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you can't say Marvel is shy about promoting its wares! :smile: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

This appears to be new news -- mostly a bunch of "what if," but then again, it's legal "what if," so who knows?  In short, Marvel is currently, at least in theory, in jeopardy of losing its copyrights to Spiderman, Black Widow, Thor, Iron Man (and perhaps others), so it's proactively asking the court to rule on the situation.  This is a lawyer's analysis of the situation:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Ugh, this is why artists hate "work for hire". 

It wouldn't break my heart if Marvel and/or Disney end up having to share their profit......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right, sometimes an artist or writer invents a character that ends up earning the company tons of money, but receives only their regular salary, with no extra reward.  On the other hand, if they invent a bunch of characters that go nowhere, they get paid their regular salary anyhow.  So you could think of it as sort of income insurance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure where I should put this, but this thread seems most appropriate.  Lucas Arnold will amaze you with his vocal dexterity.  This is only one of many compilations he's got on TikTok/YT.  His run of Marvel/Sherlock characters starts at the :17 mark.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 1:26 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Right, sometimes an artist or writer invents a character that ends up earning the company tons of money, but receives only their regular salary, with no extra reward.  On the other hand, if they invent a bunch of characters that go nowhere, they get paid their regular salary anyhow.  So you could think of it as sort of income insurance.

 

Actually, I rather suspect they get fired, but I get your point. :D  

I just got offered a commission, for something that will be reproduced, and they were rather surprised when I told them I'd just as soon do it as a work-for-hire piece. But frankly, I just don't want to fool with keeping track of royalties, etc. It's just a pamphlet/sign for a garden though, if I were designing a superhero for a massive corporation, I suspect I'd feel a little different ... but would probably not be offered the option. That's the part that rubs, you usually don't get any say in how you will be compensated. Ah well....

On 11/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, Hikari said:

I wasn't sure where I should put this, but this thread seems most appropriate.  Lucas Arnold will amaze you with his vocal dexterity.  This is only one of many compilations he's got on TikTok/YT.  His run of Marvel/Sherlock characters starts at the :17 mark.

He nailed Moriarty! Pretty good Sherlock, too. But what the heck is this "senorita" business? Me not know the reference.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

what the heck is this "senorita" business? Me not know the reference.

Thank you for asking -- I sort of assumed everyone knew about it but me.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Thank you for asking -- I sort of assumed everyone knew about it but me.

 

I googled it ... apparently it's a sexy pop song. But I don't get the connection. Must be a You Tube thing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I googled it ... apparently it's a sexy pop song. But I don't get the connection. Must be a You Tube thing.

Thanks.  Maybe there isn't a logical connection, just one of those silly things that becomes a fad.  But I guess that amounts to the same thing you said.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Thank you for asking -- I sort of assumed everyone knew about it but me.

 

 

On 11/23/2021 at 9:03 PM, Arcadia said:

Actually, I rather suspect they get fired, but I get your point. :D  

I just got offered a commission, for something that will be reproduced, and they were rather surprised when I told them I'd just as soon do it as a work-for-hire piece. But frankly, I just don't want to fool with keeping track of royalties, etc. It's just a pamphlet/sign for a garden though, if I were designing a superhero for a massive corporation, I suspect I'd feel a little different ... but would probably not be offered the option. That's the part that rubs, you usually don't get any say in how you will be compensated. Ah well....

He nailed Moriarty! Pretty good Sherlock, too. But what the heck is this "senorita" business? Me not know the reference.

I didn't get it at first and then I realized it's the chorus to the Shawn Mendes/Camilla Cabello pop song of the same title.

He's got other phrases he uses . . Matthew McConaughey and others saying "I like your cut, G." and "Honey, I'm home."

His Tom Hiddleston was perfect, as was his Andrew Scott.  His Cumberbatch was very very good . . hard to get as deep as the 'Batch.  Downey, Jr. had me cracking up.  Mycroft very good also.  Really, just give this kid a berth on SNL already.  He's the next Bill Hader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, Hikari said:

He's got other phrases he uses . . Matthew McConaughey and others saying "I like your cut, G." and "Honey, I'm home."

 He's the next Bill Hader.

Yet more references I am unfamiliar with! :D Just more proof, folks, that I am getting old. :confused2:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.