Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Artemis

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Arcadia said:

This is weird, I keep hearing accordion music turning on, then off, outside. What the...?

Okay, I finally solved the accordion music mystery! I've been hearing it again, off and on, for several days, but every time I went to investigate, it stopped. I finally noticed my mom looking over her birthday cards, and sure enough, someone had given her one that played "Happy Birthday" when you opened it. She was opening it and snapping it shut over and over, which is why I never heard enough of it to recognize the tune. I do believe she is trying to drive me nuts.

• Haha 2

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo5_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo6_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo4_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo1_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo8_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo9_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo2_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo3_540.gif

tumblr_pju0gkUmpX1xpdwtoo7_540.gif

“MCU + Improvised Scenes”.

”Does Marvel even write scripts?”

original.gif

[Link]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does a Christmas t-shirt count? :D I don't have any Marvel ones, and the only franchise-related one I do have (Starblazers) doesn't fit me anymore..... 

• 3 weeks later...

I remember the Dark Phoenix storyline really made me sad. I think that's about the time I stopped reading comics, actually. Only to get sucked into manga/anime a few years later … oh, go ahead and rip my heart out, Full Metal Alchemist!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fullmetal Alchemist is amazing.  It’s one of my favorite works of fiction.  I actually just rewatched the whole thing last February because it came up on Netflix, and I had only seen the first half before that, many years ago when it was first being aired.  It had left an impression on me, especially those first dozen or so episodes.  They were still popping up in my thoughts, years later, lol.  I watched the Brotherhood version through as well, which is also amazing, but I didn’t get quite the same feeling from it.  It’s no less good though.

Yeah, I never could get into the Brotherhood version for some reason. 

Those first dozen or so episodes are INTENSE, aren't they. The one about the girl and the dog had me in tears. Gah, worse than Bambi! Did you see the movie, also? ("Shamballa" something...) It's fabulous, but be prepared for more feels. :smile: 

That episode is unforgettable.  :wacko:  Oh yes, I saw the movie as well.  You really sorta have to, because it’s the actual ending of the series.  I can’t say I loved the ending or found it very satisfying (it got pretty crazy too), but they did the best they could with a limited budget, limited time frame, and no manga yet to guide them.  I read that they’d planned out something much more massive for the movie, as well as enough material for a 3rd season.  But because the production rights were being transferred to the producers of Brotherhood, they were forced to cut a huge amount from the film and latter part of the series and wrap it up very quickly.  So it was quite rushed and not entirely what they intended.  I can’t help but wonder what could have been if they’d been allowed to continue...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Avengers: Endgame" Super Bowl teaser trailer.

What is this "mblergh" and stabbing that Loki's doing? Is that from one of the movies?

Yep, it’s from “Thor: Ragnarok”.  It’s become a running joke in the fandom, lol.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Artemis said:

“The Original Six.”

tumblr_pm496zAou01w9vswf_1280.jpg

tumblr_pm4971yDAu1w9vswf_500.gif

tumblr_pm49721KUx1w9vswf_250.gif

tumblr_pm4974wTso1w9vswf_400.gif

tumblr_pm4974SEbm1w9vswf_540.jpg

“I’m going to miss them so much.”

Jeremy & Scarlett  are too cute together.

I will always be mad that Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't get their own movie.

4 minutes ago, Hikari said:

I will always be mad that Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't get their own movie.

Ditto!  I would have loved that.

There is a Black Widow movie in production; perhaps we will get a bit of it then.

Latest ‘Avengers: Endgame’ synopsis and promo art.

tumblr_pmkiyiMYlX1w9xvipo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmku6rDD1u1wodcv7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmlir90ssO1ufmjlc_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmlirblyMr1ufmjlc_1280.jpg

:( 

tumblr_pmktvcX4jx1vc3brm_500.png

tumblr_pmlgjqxHFO1vpdjzc_500.jpg

"We have only the saddest news today.

Our hearts are broken as we have lost our best friend, our Guardian of our Galaxy Mr Oreo Raccoon.

Oreo passed away in the early hours of this morning after a very short illness. Many thanks to our wonderful vets for their compassion and care.

Oreo you made so many people’s lives happy. You have been an amazing ambassador for raccoons everywhere.
You loved all people of all ages and other animals too and were never phased by anything be it a walk down the red carpet as Rocket Raccoon, a trip to a hospice to visit a sick child or anything else that came your way. You just enjoyed everything and it showed.

You instinctively knew when to calm, when to be bouncy and we never worried that you would do the wrong thing because you never did.

You were perfect.

It’s 10 years since you arrived in our lives. We had that phone call whilst in the theatre in London to say you had been born but could we have you now as your mother had no milk.
We whizzed back up the motorway and spent hours trying to get you and your siblings to drink from a bottle. We chose you because you were strong and took the formula first little knowing then that you would be such an inspiring animal who would make people from all over the World happy.

This is so hard special little man, we wanted you to live forever but never as you have been the last few days.

Have fun up there over the Rainbow Bridge my darling. I hope, no I know they will all love you as much as we do. We will miss you so, so much.

Fly high Oreo, our super hero, love you lots like jelly tots.

4/13/09 - 2/7/2019"

[Link]

tumblr_pmkchaR0Pw1w1hv40o1_640.jpg

tumblr_pmko1nU7gF1w9xvipo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmk93tjh1z1qh66wqo4_640.jpg

tumblr_pmko1nU7gF1w9xvipo2_640.jpg

tumblr_pmk93tjh1z1qh66wqo9_540.jpg

tumblr_pmko1nU7gF1w9xvipo3_1280.jpg

“R.I.P., sweet Rabbit.”

• Sad 1

tumblr_pm4h5fmadA1u244wg_1280.jpg

tumblr_pm4h5fLjNR1u244wg_1280.jpg

“Every movie, TV and Netflix show in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far.  + One-Shots and Mini Series.”

tumblr_pltg6u26We1swv87q_500.jpg

“ETA because I’m not sure this actually has the link to the article. Y’ALL. Read this. I knew some of it, but not all of it... like the part where he had to be rushed to a hospital and resuscitated at least once. He DIED, y’all. We came that close to not having him anymore.”

[Link]

• Thanks 1

Netflix's Marvel shows to be cancelled as Marvel moves to Disney's streaming service.

tumblr_pn4ubqpCPA1utyxi7o5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pn4ubqpCPA1utyxi7o3_r2_540.gif

tumblr_pn4ubqpCPA1utyxi7o2_r2_540.gif

tumblr_pn4ubqpCPA1utyxi7o4_r3_540.gif

tumblr_pn4ubqpCPA1utyxi7o1_r1_540.gif

"Thank you for five years of amazing television!"