Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Artemis

I was looking for the thread "Marvel Movies" and I can't find it.  Am I losing my mind or has it been removed?

Anyway, I found this in my Net wanderings.  Knock yourselves out!

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-order-avengers-4/

• Like 1

I am happy to say that your mind is perfectly fine, Hikari. :smile: Carol kindly volunteered to split the thread into a discussion thread and a picture thread, since in its current form it was becoming rather unwieldy.

I was lost too.  Sorry about the annoyance, I honestly didn’t think anyone else even noticed or cared, or I would have toned it down, lol.  It’s been so quiet around here.

Not a problem, Artemis!  You've posted a lot of interesting stuff (even though I don't really understand most of it, having seen only a handful of these movies).  I just figured it'd be easier for people to find what they're looking for (pictures or discussion) if there were two separate threads -- especially as I am told there are a bunch of new movies coming along soon.

And sorry for the confusion, everyone!  I just finished the splitting, and was gonna post an explanatory note on each of them (honest!), but I see that you guys have beat me to it.

Added:  And I've moved us all to the discussion thread.  The pictures thread is here.

• Thanks 1

“Dark Phoenix” trailer 2.

“Brightburn” trailer.

• Confused 1

“The New Mutants” trailer.

“Fast Color” trailer.

“Shazam!” trailer 2.

“Hellboy” trailer.

Some of those look more like horror movies than superhero movies. :unsure: 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I’m seeing a trend.

“Brightburn” is basically an alternate universe “What if Superman were evil?” story.  I remember hearing or reading somewhere that it’s based on a comic, but I can’t recall where I got that information, or the details.  Maybe I’ll do a search later.

• Sad 2

tumblr_phfura6DQk1ri71tfo1_1280.png

"Variety has learned exclusively that Malcolm Spellman has been tapped to write a series featuring the two superheroes, which is currently in development at the streamer. It is the first of the proposed Marvel limited series to find a writer.

Marvel and Disney declined to comment.

Falcon and Winter Soldier, played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan respectively, have both appeared in multiple Marvel films to date, including the recent blockbuster “Avengers: Infinity War.”

While Winter Soldier was a key character in the second “Captain America” film, the character who became the Winter Solider — Bucky Barnes — first appeared in the original “Captain America” film in 2011. Falcon made his first appearance in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”

Spellman previously worked as a writer and co-executive producer on the hit Fox series “Empire” and wrote the screenplay for the feature film “Our Family Wedding.” He is repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment Partners

News of the development comes after Variety exclusively reported that Marvel and Disney were prepping multiple limited series centered on characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who had yet to appear in their own standalone films. At that time, it was reported that characters like Loki and Scarlet Witch would also be the subject of their own limited series. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes.

Unlike other Marvel shows like “Daredevil” and “The Punisher,” the series on the Disney streaming service will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.

The news also comes as Netflix canceled Marvel shows “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” which both ran for two seasons. The two street-level heroes were part of the four-hero crew that made up the limited Netflix series “The Defenders,” which included Daredevil and Jessica Jones. “Jessica Jones” has already been renewed for a third season, while “Daredevil” launched its third season earlier this month. “The Punisher” was renewed for a second season at Netflix back in December.

From Variety."

[Link]

• Thanks 1

I wonder if Clint Barton (Hawkeye) would ever get a series.  I’d like to see more of him.  With the Black Widow movie on its way here eventually, I suppose it’s at least feasible; though I don’t know what kind of interest Jeremy Renner might have in the idea, or what Marvel/Disney thinks the audience demand would be.  I’m a bit of an archery nerd, so I might be biased.  :smile: 

I’m off to see “Captain Marvel”.  I shall return with a report.

Update: Said report is in the 'Recently Watched Movies' thread.

“Avengers: Endgame” trailer #2!

On 3/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, Artemis said:

I’m off to see “Captain Marvel”.  I shall return with a report.

Did you delete that post, Artemis?  I recall reading it, but don't see any sign of it now.

It’s in the Recently Watched Movies thread.  :smile: 

• Thanks 1