Sign in to follow this  
Artemis

Superhero (Marvel, DC, etc.) news & discussion

Tom Hiddleston auditioning for the role of Thor makes me laugh every time I see it.  :lol:  It's like if Martin Freeman played Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch played John.  It's just... wrong.  Lol.

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o5_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o6_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o2_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o3_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o4_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o1_400.gif

tumblr_ne8rkyQwOb1tf48o1o7_400.gif

"Tom Hiddleston auditions for Thor...

What if in an alternate universe Tom was Thor?"

"Tom: [stands on an Apple box to look taller] Come home, Brother!

Chris: It’s too late...

Dave: He’s not a dude, you’re a dude. This, this is a man! [points to Tom, who is significantly slimmer] A handsome... muscular man!

Zoe: It’s like his muscles are made of cotati metal fibers!

Chris P: Stop massaging his muscles!

Producers reviewing the old footage: You know, I feel like we made a bad call on this casting.

Marvel Execs: It’s too late. We’re already in Phase 3!"

[Link]

Interviewer: "Who is the better villain to grace the MCU stage: Loki or Thanos?"

Tom Hiddleston: "I mean... *laughs* Well, I’ve had a little more time to build my case, I think. It depends on what you class as 'better', I suppose. Loki, I think, is accessible, relatable, vulnerable, charming, better dressed, generally more stylish, witty, charismatic. And Thanos... is more purple."

[Link]

7 hours ago, Artemis said:

Antagonist, then?

Closer!  Maybe it's the way Tom plays him, but he just doesn't seem all that evil to me … more, as the man says, heartbroken.

But then Thanos doesn't really seem all that evil either, does he? He's just … narrow-minded?

• Like 1

Mmmmm no Thanos seems pretty evil to me, lol.  He tortures people, including his own "daughters".  He forced Gamora and Nebula to fight each other when they were children, and every time Nebula lost, he replaced one of her body parts with machinery to make her Gamora's "equal".  That alone is pretty evil, lol.

I would place Loki in the 'villain' category for the first 'Avengers' film at least.  He did some pretty villainous stuff there though his motives were complex.  Loosely speaking I would consider him the villain of the first 'Thor' film too, though a sympathetic one.

Good point about Thanos. And I think I'm just not remembering the other movies well enough to say. Mostly I remember the awesome beat-down Loki got from the Hulk. :D 

• Like 1

Do I remember correctly that you haven’t seen either of the ‘Guardians’ movies?  You learn a little more about Thanos from the perspective of Gamora and Nebula in those films.  Regardless of his motives and actions concerning the Infinity Stones, I’d consider him evil just based on the other horrible things he’s done.

But even in ‘Infinity War’, there were other things besides The Snap.  When Nebula said, “You should have killed me,” he responded with, “It would have been a waste of parts!”  He forced Eitri the dwarf into making the Infinity Gauntlet by threatening to slaughter all of his people, and then he killed them anyway and cut off Eitri’s hands.  He played twisted psychological games by pushing Quill to make good on his promise to kill Gamora if she fell into Thanos’ hands, when he knew all along he’d just “change reality” to whatever he wanted.  None of that was necessary to further his “cause”.  My point being that genocidal mania is only one of his problems.  He’s just a cruel person.

• Thanks 1

Cruel for cruelty's sake, do you think? Or is he just … well, a psychopath? Unable to empathize or feel remorse. Wonder if his whole race was like that or if he's just a very twisted specimen. And yet he seems to regret "having" to kill Gamora. Which makes him even creepier, somehow.

I'm trying not to get too excited about Endgame, avoiding most of the speculation, etc. … I always regret it when I let the anticipation build up too much. At the same time, I can't remember the last time I looked forward to seeing a movie this much.

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Cruel for cruelty's sake, do you think? Or is he just … well, a psychopath?

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it really matters.  He’s just as bad either way.  :P  

Wonder if his whole race was like that or if he's just a very twisted specimen.

I wondered that too.  When he was talking about life on Titan, he did say that when he proposed randomized genocide to keep the population down, they called him a madman.  (He’s also referred to as ‘The Mad Titan’.)  So that might suggest his sensibilities were not typical.  It’d be interesting to see a little flashback to Titan culture.

I'm trying not to get too excited about Endgame, avoiding most of the speculation, etc. … I always regret it when I let the anticipation build up too much.

^ Same.  I like artwork, but for the most part I stay away from fan theories and such.  I’ll just wait and see what happens.  I’m excited, but also a little anxious because I’m worried about character deaths.  I really hope there are none and they find more creative ways to end character arcs, but that might be too much to hope for.  I’m preparing myself to be sad, lol.

And yet he seems to regret "having" to kill Gamora. Which makes him even creepier, somehow.

That scene gets my goat a bit.  ‘Cause I agree with Gamora, “This isn’t love.”  Yet he was still ‘rewarded’ for his ‘sacrifice’ with the Soul Stone.  I think that’s kind of a bad message, lol.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

I’m excited, but also a little anxious because I’m worried about character deaths.

Yeah, I'm expecting to do a little mourning myself. I just hope it's not Tony. But that would be the death that would gut everyone the most, I bet. :cry: Maybe Cap. Urgh.

‘Cause I agree with Gamora, “This isn’t love.”  Yet he was still ‘rewarded’ for his ‘sacrifice’ with the Soul Stone.  I think that’s kind of a bad message, lol.

I'm wondering if that might come back to bite him, somehow. I'm hoping so; it would be fitting. I like it when karma comes around. :D 

(He’s also referred to as ‘The Mad Titan’.)  

Oh, right, I remember that. Why, I'm not sure … I can't remember if he ever appeared in any of the comics I read. He looked familiar when I first saw him, but nothing about the story line rings a bell. I think I may have him confused with Galactus.

55 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Yeah, I'm expecting to do a little mourning myself. I just hope it's not Tony. But that would be the death that would gut everyone the most, I bet. :cry: Maybe Cap. Urgh.

Tony would be the absolute worst.  :(  I'd be really sad about Cap too, but I could live with it because he's always been a "man out of time", and he doesn't have many current attachments.  Tony has Pepper, and possibly a child on the way.

I read a theory that with the time travel stuff, Cap could end up back in his original time, and live out a normal life with Peggy.  That would be nice.

I think either way Cap will be out of the picture, because there's a new "Captain" in town.  :bemused:  So I'll either be mourning some deaths or mourning the end of an era.  Or both.

I mourned Loki and I don't even know for sure if he's dead, lol.  I'd like to think the writers are smart enough to realize he can never die.  :P  But the way they're acting about it makes me wonder.  He's also not listed in the 'Endgame' cast on IMDb, but that could be a ploy to throw people off.  Stop toying with me, Marvel!  *shakes fist*

I'm wondering if that might come back to bite him, somehow. I'm hoping so; it would be fitting. I like it when karma comes around. :D 

I sure hope so!  After the way he treated her, I think Nebula deserves to be the one to kill him.  I sorta doubt they'll go that route though.

He looked familiar when I first saw him, but nothing about the story line rings a bell.

His storyline in the 'Infinity War' movie is different from his storyline in the comics (which I never read myself).  In the comics he's trying to court Mistress Death, so he kills half the universe in an attempt to win her affection.

• Thanks 1

Bringing Captain Marvel up to speed.  'Endgame' car commercial, lol.

• Haha 1

Hawkeye sings about his superpowers.

• Like 1

I posted this comic in the other thread too, but considering the topic at hand I thought it was fitting.

tumblr_pqdpj6DmpD1rtqtc9o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pqdpj6DmpD1rtqtc9o2_1280.jpg

I don't feel sorry for you, Thanos.  :P   

[Link]

Who else here thinks Thanos in Endgame got disrespected by the writers? In many ways, Thanos feels like a different character than the one in Infinity War.

It was only just released in my neck of the woods about 12 hours ago, so I haven't gotten to see it yet, lol.  I'm seeing it tonight though.  I'm getting excited and nervous.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Heh.  If you get a chance, Google "Thanos", and click on the little Infinity Gauntlet that appears.

• Haha 2

Marvel is taking over the world.

Hawkeye was always my favorite in the comics, at least at the time I was reading them.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:55 PM, Artemis said:

I mourned Loki and I don't even know for sure if he's dead, lol.  I'd like to think the writers are smart enough to realize he can never die.  :P  But the way they're acting about it makes me wonder.  He's also not listed in the 'Endgame' cast on IMDb, but that could be a ploy to throw people off.  Stop toying with me, Marvel!  *shakes fist*

Every other actor in Hollywood and beyond is on that list, though. Good heavens, no wonder the movie's so long.

I won't be able to go see it for a week or so. Sometimes my schedule sucks.

Aaaahhh, it’s time...  :cry:

tumblr_n9eayzpkFf1tdi4a4o1_250.gif

tumblr_n9eayzpkFf1tdi4a4o2_250.gif

Well that was epic.  I think 'bittersweet' is the best word for what I'm feeling right now.  I have to process this for awhile.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Surelock said:

Who else here thinks Thanos in Endgame got disrespected by the writers? In many ways, Thanos feels like a different character than the one in Infinity War.

I found his characterization fairly consistent, actually.  Especially adding in his portrayal (what little we get of it) in the 'Guardians' films.

I found Bruce/Hulk's characterization a bit jarring, though.  And to a degree Thor's as well.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:28 AM, Arcadia said:

Hawkeye was always my favorite in the comics, at least at the time I was reading them.

I always wanted to see more of Hawkeye in the movies, and I feel like I got that in Endgame, which makes me happy.  Objectively I couldn't say whether he got more screen time than usual or not, but his scenes were so intense that it felt like he did.  His development was such a gut-punch, yet one of my favorites in the film.

• Like 1

:lol: 

19c2617c-f10c-48e1-9d26-3d23da53a4d7.jpg

• Haha 2

I may have to wear one of those signs around my neck. I can't go until Wednesday either.

tumblr_inline_pqoj4tUUlY1qd4iu9_500.png

[Link]