Superhero Films Discussion (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Artemis

Be careful, that's how they lure you in! (I felt the same temptation. Thank God I had a deadline to finish something else. :D

• Haha 1

"Black Widow" teaser trailer just released.

• Like 1

I'll watch it! I don't know her backstory, could be interesting.

You know, it just occurred to me … I watched Infinity War (and most of my other favorites) I don't know how many times. I watched Endgame … once. I think it was just too final for me. Maybe these upcoming movies will get me over that hump.

Or maybe I just didn't enjoy it that much..... hm.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I watched Endgame … once. I think it was just too final for me.

Same.  I know I liked it and thought it was good, but it was just too final and left me too sad.  It’s actually made it a bit hard for me to get excited about the new movies.  I’d rather not watch it again and try to pretend that everyone is still alive and happy and together, doing Avenger things.

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

I’d rather not watch it again and try to pretend that everyone is still alive and happy and together, doing Avenger things.

I never got into that Universe, and haven't seen the movie, but I fully agree with you!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Super Bowl “teaser” for the upcoming Marvel series’ on Disney+.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know ... I want to like it, but it looks awfully violent in a way that most of the other Marvel movies were not. Because the characters look more realistic, maybe? Not sure, but I'm ready for a quieter story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

it looks awfully violent in a way that most of the other Marvel movies were not

Welcome to the future, I suspect.  Seems like all movies are moving in that direction -- more violence, more noise, faster movement.  Gaahhh!  Wears me out just watching the trailers!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They've been moving that way for a long time, alas. But some of the Marvel movies balanced that with good character moments, so it worked for me. Hard to tell from a trailer, but the emphasis looks to be on the bad-assery of the female characters rather than their complexity, which I'm heartily tired of.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 6:22 PM, Arcadia said:

Hard to tell from a trailer, but the emphasis looks to be on the bad-assery of the female characters rather than their complexity, which I'm heartily tired of.

Agreed.

Must admit I'm not super excited about it, although at this point I'll just be happy to get out and see any movie when this shutdown is over with.

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

Agreed.

Must admit I'm not super excited about it, although at this point I'll just be happy to get out and see any movie when this shutdown is over with.

Good point. Wonder how long it will take before people feel comfortable sitting in a packed movie theater again?

53 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Wonder how long it will take before people feel comfortable sitting in a packed movie theater again?

I suspect that streaming and DVDs will remain even more popular than they were before.  It's cheaper than going to the theater, and you can put real butter on the popcorn.

14 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Wonder how long it will take before people feel comfortable sitting in a packed movie theater again?

I was never comfortable sitting in a packed theater.  :P  But I know what you mean.

If the theaters had stayed open through this, it would have been an ideal time for me to go, lol.  Extra clean and hardly anyone there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Magic Trio team-up in Marvel's future, mayhap?

769f526e1710c4d1041ba6db326a938d117baf9d

17570b06a701505d701b8d1992c27929b11aeb96

tumblr_pa49edZYW81uwtacxo1_1280.jpg

[Link]

On 4/11/2020 at 12:51 AM, Artemis said:

Magic Trio team-up in Marvel's future, mayhap?

I'm not actually sure that is something I would wish for. I like Strange all on his own....

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I'm not actually sure that is something I would wish for. I like Strange all on his own....

I think it would be neat for a scene or two.  Not necessarily a whole movie.  I didn’t think I would like the ‘Revengers’ team-up, but it was fun.

• Like 1

"The New Mutants" is finally coming to theaters on August 28th, about two and a half years after its initial April 2018 release date.  My local theater is reopening tomorrow (with some restrictions), and this is one of the new films it will be showing.

Do Bill & Ted count as superheroes?  It appears that their long-awaited and also delayed third movie (almost thirty years since the second one!) will also open on the 28th.

And hopefully there won't be any more delays for Wonder Woman either, now expected on October 2nd.

Dunno if we'll go to the theater for either one, but we do have high hopes that their respective DVDs will be along shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I never expected that!  How sad for his family.

I wonder whether the studio will simply drop the idea of a third Black Panther movie, or adapt it somehow?

Of the options they have, I suspect they'll choose to pass the 'Black Panther' torch on to another character, similar to Sam Wilson taking up the mantle of 'Captain America' after Steve Rogers in 'Endgame'.  T'Challa's sister Shuri is a likely candidate, but she's more of an engineer than a warrior, and I think they could easily come up with another.

(P.S.  There's only 1 'Black Panther' movie so far.  'Black Panther 2' was planned but not yet filmed.)

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I suspect they'll choose to pass the 'Black Panther' torch on to another character, similar to Sam Wilson taking up the mantle of 'Captain America' after Steve Rogers in 'Endgame'.

Not being a big Marvel buff, I wasn't aware of the precedent, but with that in mind, you're probably right.  So there should be more Everett Ross, eventually.  Just no more T'Challa, alas!

I really like the Dark Knight trilogy, but this looks promising too (if I can get over the fact that it’s Edward Cullen, lol).

”The Batman”, coming 2021.

• Thanks 1