I am a fan and wondering if there is published work based in BBC's sherlock, either the stories from the episodes or addition stories 

Hi, Jamie -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

That's a good question, but unfortunately the answer (so far) is "not exactly."  Moffit and Gatiss have said they do not intend to authorize any novelizations of episodes.  The closest you'll get to that would be the shooting scripts, most of which are available online (see links here).  (And of course there are also Ariane DeVere's unofficial transcripts of everything.)

Nor are there any professionally published novels or story collections based on the show -- but there are loads of fan-written stories online, some of which are really good (see links to suggestions here).  Just be aware that many of the authors have made creative interpretations of the basic premise, everything from Sherlock and John's romance to something involving tentacles.

There have been at least two authorized books, but they're not stories.  They're presented as further information about the characters, etc., mostly done "in-universe" (i.e., treating the episodes as factual).  Here's one of them.  I know we've discussed the other one as well -- hopefully someone else will be able to provide the link that's eluding me at the moment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jamie!

I think the book Carol is referring to is the Sherlock Chronicles, which is an overview of the series, bios of the performers, deleted scenes, things like that.

But there's also the manga version of the first season, which might be more what you're looking for? I haven't seen whether they've done more than the first season or not; hopefully it will continue.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

I think, Jamie, what you're asking for are books containing stories of the Sherlock characters, which are in themselves adaptations of the original stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. I don't believe there are any Sherlock pastiches at the moment. It might be something to consider writing. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1