The great toilet-paper debate!

Do you prefer your toilet paper to unroll over the top or down behind?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer that toilet paper unroll over the top or down behind?

• Over the top
    • Down behind
    • It doesn't matter to me
    • I've never really thought about it

I've seen videos of people vacuuming their cats. The cats seem to love it.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I've seen videos of people vacuuming their cats. The cats seem to love it.

That's why they made the video -- it's unusual.

I've heard that if you get a kitten used to it, though, it feels pretty good to them.  Of course it'd need to be a very gentle type of vacuum, using something like a drapery attachment.  A cat's skin is very loose, so I'd hate to think what a powerful suction could do to it.

Or you could attach a toilet paper roll to the end of the vacuum wand. Just to, y'know, stay on topic. :D 

• Haha 2

If you want something somewhat relevant, here:

images-18.jpg

images-19.jpg

Washable reusable toilet cloth, 'family' cloth... I.. can't... I just can't.

27 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Washable reusable toilet cloth

That might actually be OK if used after thoroughly rinsing the area in question.  Otherwise, I'm sure not gonna volunteer to do the laundry!

Believe it or not, I've had this discussion before, in a PM.  We were discussing how one might manage one's business if toilet paper were not available, and I believe that was my favorite solution -- rinse well (a small pitcher of water should suffice, if used carefully), then wipe dry with one's own personal toilet cloth, then wash hands.

18 hours ago, Caya said:

I've heard my mother talk about using pages from the Sears catalog (last year's edition, of course, not the current one) back on the farm.  (I'm sure toilet paper had been invented by then, but it was for rich city folks.)

As for corn cobs, well, I take that with a grain of salt.  There's a persistent rumor that corn cobs were thus used (once, and then disposed of), but I've never met anyone who admits to actually doing it.  And there's a *joke* about the old farmer who was so stingy that he had his corn cob tied to a string.

corn cob *grimace*

But wait!!! Holy carbonara!!!

https://www.ranker.com/list/historical-toilet-paper-alternatives/nicole-levin

Click the link at you own risk, some had been mentioned before, but some others are super gross and weird. Warning: some poultry involved.

And here we are spoiled brats arguing about the toilet paper orientations???!! XD Wait.. on the other hand, these ancient ways have no problem with orientation....

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
Repaired link

Why do we now have two threads discussing toilets? (Why do we have ANY threads discussing toilets?) MOFFFFTTTIISSSS! You did this to us!!!!!!  :axe:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

But wait!!! Holy carbonara!!!

https://www.ranker.com/list/historical-toilet-paper-alternatives/nicole-levin

Click the link at you own risk, some had been mentioned before, but some others are super gross and weird. Warning: some poultry involved.

It may help to bear in mind that not all of those toilet-paper forerunners were commonly used, if at all.  The poultry one is stated to be from a satirical novel (besides which, if that's a live goose, nobody would try it twice -- geese have quite a bite!).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, Arcadia said:

Why do we now have two threads discussing toilets? (Why do we have ANY threads discussing toilets?) MOFFFFTTTIISSSS! You did this to us!!!!!!  :axe:

Two toilet threads? I am sure there are three, I have just saw it in Political thread as well. Political!!

4 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Two toilet threads? I am sure there are three, I have just saw it in Political thread as well. Political!!

Just goes to show you that nowadays everything has become politicized.

• Haha 2

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

That's how this started, isn't it? Which side you want your toilet paper to be on? :D 

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2019 at 2:33 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Aiz. In tha case, I demand a recount, this result must be tampered by Russia interference and it's all fake news.

• Haha 2