Sign in to follow this  
Artemis

Dreams

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

it's like rapidly flickering images of anything and everything,

I have them from the antidepressants. As if they stirred the vision center in my brain in many funny ways. I remember once, after a medication change it was so damn intensive that I've thought "how the heck am I going to sleep in this disco?!"

19 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

day-of-school-and-I-haven't-been-to-class-all-term-and-don't-know-where-the-final-exam-is

This is one of the "alternative reality" dreams. As if the not-being-prepared state aggravated from one dream to another. Last one I remember was "only" about my parents waking me up too late on the day of exams.

Another common theme is trying to achieve something and being confronted with one obstacle after another. There is one I remember quite well:

I was driving to my parents in another city and stopped on my way (don't remember why). Then I could not find my car. I was running around the building I knew I let my car at, but couldn't find the side street. Again and again. Then for a second I finally saw my car, but someone distracted me and when I looked again, it was gone. Because I really needed to visit my parents ASAP, I made myself a makeshift skateboard and hit the road, quite in a hurry. The skateboard broke. So I ran to the place with a train station to take a train to my parents. I know the city well but could not find the station. When I found it, there were construction works going on around it, so I could not find the way to the entrance. Then I could not find the counter… Then I woke up feeling like after a night of hard work… Those dreams are exhausting. 

PS, I had a fake lucid dream again last night. :D

• Confused 1

On 6/11/2019 at 1:05 PM, J.P. said:

Another common theme is trying to achieve something and being confronted with one obstacle after another.

Yeah I have a lot of those too. 

I don't think I've had an exam dream specifically, but I have had a lot of "missed my bus" or "can't find the right classroom" dreams.  (Especially the former.)  Just the other night I had a "can't remember my locker combination" dream.

16 hours ago, Arcadia said:

What I do remember, however, is the psychedelic light show behind my eyelids when I woke up. I've had this happen a few times before; it's like rapidly flickering images of anything and everything, including a lot of geometric patterns … when I open my eyes, everything's normal, but when I close them again, there's the light show. Eventually, this time, it evolved into a whirling spiral that made me feel dizzy, so I got up. If I remember correctly, I'm barely awake when this stuff happens, so I wonder if it's related to some sort of REM thing. It's weird, and a bit annoying, but infrequent.

Do you ever get migraines?  That sounds kinda like the sort of "aura" that some people see before the actual headache starts.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, J.P. said:
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, Arcadia said:

it's like rapidly flickering images of anything and everything,

I have them from the antidepressants. As if they stirred the vision center in my brain in many funny ways. I remember once, after a medication change it was so damn intensive that I've thought "how the heck am I going to sleep in this disco?!"

Hmmm, interesting. I take those too. But I think mine happen very rarely, are yours more frequent?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, J.P. said:

Another common theme is trying to achieve something and being confronted with one obstacle after another.

Oh lord yes, I remember those quite well. Infuriating! But again … not in a long time. Possibly because of the anti-depressants? :smile: (Sometimes I think it might be time to try going without those things … thing something traumatic comes up and I think, eh, maybe another time.... :D )

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:24 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Do you ever get migraines?  That sounds kinda like the sort of "aura" that some people see before the actual headache starts.

Hmm, it does, doesn't it? I used to get a lot of migraines, but again … antidepressants. Haven't had but one or two migraines since I started taking them. But you're right, the sensation is similar, only without the subsequent pain. When I got up I was fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Hmmm, interesting. I take those too. But I think mine happen very rarely, are yours more frequent?

No. This happened mostly after changing the medication. What I still experience very often though, is a kind of translucent geometric patterns that seem to crossfade the whole field of view, directly after I woke up and opened my eyes. But it disappears after the first blink.

I also have white points flying through my sight, like little meteors from time to time.

• Sad 1

Nope, don't have either of those. Luckily!