Sign in to follow this  
Artemis

Dreams

I've been in one that was like the last picture, I shudder to recall.

• Sad 1

On 8/9/2019 at 12:54 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Good heavens!  Does an explanation come with any of those???

Apparently not.

I haven't encountered these in real life, but as I had posted before, there are plethora of hotels that use tranparent glass or visible frosted glass or barely concealed toilet wall, I think maybe about 75% modern minimalistic hotels that I visited do that. You almost always have to kick your roommate out to the lobby or you shouldn't bunk with someone you mind seeing each other in birthday suit.

But I had encountered quite a number of scary 'toilet' before. One of the worst, I probably had mentioned this, was the one with three sides of wall, triangle shape. Their definition of wall here is thin cloth wrapping around three flimsy pole, about 10cm (4") above ground, and... wait for this, 80cm height, maybe 2-3 foot? It barely covered anything. But it shouldn't be a surprised (IT FREAKING WAS) because one of our missions (it was voluntary social work in uni) in that remote island was helping to improve the public facilities, including yes, the toilets. Luckily we girls, not many of us, managed to find another more proper toilet in the village head's house, although it has no frigging door and has low windows, we had to help each other by guarding those.

• Confused 1

I think the most terrifying toilet I ever encountered was in Cambodia … it was literally just a hole in the ground. Under a tree, but otherwise out in the open. Fortunately, I seem to have dismissed from my mind whether I actually had to use it or not. I was about eight. Oh, the childhood memories....

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I think the most terrifying toilet I ever encountered was in Cambodia ...

Now there is a great first line for a novel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks! Now if you'll just finish the rest....

• Like 2
  • Tongue 1

Please spare me from publication information of the upcoming novel.

A friend told me she couldn't find a toilet there, and had to use umbrella as a desperate try to provide cover for herself.

I think no amount of umbrella, beach's or Mycroft's would ever be adequate for this nightmare.

• Sad 1

Well, at least we now know why Mycroft always carries that brolly!  Who knows when he might need to make an emergency trip to Serbia -- or Cambodia.

• Haha 1

He has to be careful though, his brolly got those sharp end, weapon, he wouldn't want to misplace them when he is using that as emergency toilet cover.

• Haha 1

Today I had a dream - a crossover of The School Doomsday and The Loo Apocalypse.

I was at some school, trying to find out about the exams I'll have to take (3 Months, no idea about what the exams would be) and while running around through this school/uni building I made a little trip to the toilet. Messy as usual in my dreams, but it was the first time I remember, when I've got massively contaminated during that visit. Woke up from trying to wash my blazer. Urgs…

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, J.P. said:

The Loo Apocalypse

:rofl: 

• Like 1