What song is stuck in your head?

Artemis

I've had the acoustic version of "Forgive Me Friend" by Smith & Thell stuck in my head for at least a week now.

• Like 2

And because sharing is caring, you want us to suffer along with you, right? :lol: Well mission accomplished, but at least it's a nice song. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Caya said:

And because sharing is caring, you want us to suffer along with you, right? :lol:

That's the spirit!  :P

• Haha 1

I had some truly annoying song stuck in my head a few days ago, but mercifully I cannot now recall what it was.  And I am not going to play your video.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Husband and I were at the Phil Collins concert yesterday, which was fantastic, only now I've got Follow You Follow Me stuck on repeat in my head.

• Like 2

Heard this on TV somewhere and now it's on replay in my brain.

• Like 2

I've had U2's Hawkmoon stuck in my head for days. I don't mind, it's one of my all-time favorites.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this one drifting from one of my neighbors’ backyard barbecues yesterday, and it’s been in my head since.

• Sad 1

OMG. That would send me running anywhere but there.

• 3 weeks later...

:blink: Pennsylvania Polka. :cry:  (Listen at your own peril.)

I get that one stuck in my head every time I watch "Groundhog Day", lol.  (Though I think the one in the film is a different version.)

This song from the series "Poldark", based on verses from Edmund Spenser's "The Faerie Queene".

Oh, Poldark. Has that ended yet? I had the same experience with it as I did the earlier (Robin Ellis) version … I enjoyed it at first, grew less enamored as it went along, and finally gave up on it altogether. Same reaction I had to the books, actually. Reminds me of Dune. Some authors seem determined to destroy what they have created.....

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

I get that one stuck in my head every time I watch "Groundhog Day", lol. 

Thanks, I've always thought I wouldn't like that movie, now I'll be sure to avoid it! :D 

9 hours ago, Arcadia said:

:blink: Pennsylvania Polka. :cry:  (Listen at your own peril.)

That is a polka (which is a genre of music), but it is not The Pennsylvania Polka (which is a specific song).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Has that ended yet?

The final season airs in the UK in about a week, and then on PBS this fall.

I binged the whole thing a few weeks ago.  I had tried it out when season 1 first aired, but found it boring.  I guess my mood was just right this time.  My experience was opposite to yours: I thought it got more interesting as it went along (with the exception of season 4).

I never read the books, so no disappointment for me there, lol.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:16 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

That is a polka (which is a genre of music), but it is not The Pennsylvania Polka (which is a specific song).

Who am I to argue with both Lawrence Welk and the band that was playing it at the amusement park? And the lyricist, for that matter. To me it will forever be THE Pennsylvania Polka. :P 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, Artemis said:

The final season airs in the UK in about a week, and then on PBS this fall.

I binged the whole thing a few weeks ago.  I had tried it out when season 1 first aired, but found it boring.  I guess my mood was just right this time.  My experience was opposite to yours: I thought it got more interesting as it went along (with the exception of season 4).

I never read the books, so no disappointment for me there, lol.

Is S4 the one that's mostly about Demelza's brothers? I think that was my least favorite as well.

My problem is that it got more and more like a soap opera as it went along. Demelza was always pretty cool, but the rest of them just got more and more soppy. Or so it seemed to me. They did make Elizabeth more sympathetic than in the original, which I liked.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Who am I to argue with both Lawrence Welk and the band that was playing it at the amusement park? And the lyricist, for that matter. To me it will forever be THE Pennsylvania Polka. :P 

But the lyrics do not include the words "Pennsylvania Polka," just "let's have a polka party."  And it isn't being played by Lawrence Welk's people.  Maybe you meant to post Welk's version of the actual Pennsylvania Polka, and maybe that's even what you did post, but that's not what I get.  I even listened to the entire video, thinking maybe they were playing a medley.  Not.

What do the rest of you hear when you play Arcadia's video?  Do the lyrics actually include the words "the Pennsylvania Polka"?

Let's see if I can post Welk's Pennsy Polka:

Yup, works for me.  What do the rest of you see / hear?

I see the exact same thing I posted, right down to the links for other videos at the bottom when you pause it. Weird!

19 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

What do the rest of you see / hear?

Arcadia’s video is “Let’s Have a Party Polka”.  Yours (Carol) is “Pennsylvania Polka”.

I was confused, I thought maybe there were just several versions of “Pennsylvania Polka” that I didn’t know about or something, lol.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:30 PM, Arcadia said:

Thanks, I've always thought I wouldn't like that movie, now I'll be sure to avoid it! :D

Then you would probably get along with the main character, who has to hear the song every morning, lol.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Arcadia’s video is “Let’s Have a Party Polka”.  Yours (Carol) is “Pennsylvania Polka”.=

Not on my machine it ain't! I get Pennsylvania on both of them. Weird, weird, weird.

Identical videos, but I see the link is different. Bizarre.

• Confused 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:45 PM, Arcadia said:

Is S4 the one that's mostly about Demelza's brothers? I think that was my least favorite as well.

Seasons 3 and 4 both had a fairly significant focus on Demelza's brothers.  I didn't mind S3 because it had other plotlines I found interesting, like the doctor's rescue from prison.  S4 delved  heavily into the fallout from Demelza's fling with Hugh, and Ross's night with Elizabeth, and the back and forth of "Will they make up and learn to trust each other again or won't they" got soooo old.  The constant jealousy and stupidity resulting from it (e.g. Ross's frustrating behavior and pointless duel with Adderley) was very grating.  I'll watch S5, but I hope it starts on a better note with much less focus on the cheating.