What song is stuck in your head?

Artemis

Yeah, I was answering her question that I didn’t get to earlier.

• Thanks 1

Yes, that's why I ended up losing interest … firstly, I wanted to slap Ross, and mostly, I'm just not very entertained by the soap opera content. There was always a hint of that in the series, but it took over the longer it went on. Oh well … I'll probably watch bits and pieces of it too, it's not like there's anything better on.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doorway by Civil Twilight. Don't know why, haven't heard it for weeks, but it's stuck but good.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to teach myself the harp accompaniment for this piece.

• Like 1

Ooh, pretty!  You play the harp?  Don't recall ever knowing anyone who did, just piano, clarinet, tuba, bass drum -- you know, the ordinary stuff!

Yes, I can play the harp and the piano, though not very well.  (And I’m not just being modest, I really am not very good, lol.)  I took lessons when I was a kid.  I have a pretty good ear for music, but I lack in dexterity, so my “playing” is more like muddling through, lol.  But I try to learn a new song every now and then just so I don’t entirely lose the skill.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Artemis said:

I can play the harp and the piano, though not very well.  [....]  But I try to learn a new song every now and then just so I don’t entirely lose the skill.

That sounds like a very good idea.

The only "instrument" I ever "learned" to "play" was the Tonette (basically a cheap plastic soprano recorder).  That was in grade school.  Years later, I bought an actual soprano recorder (a respectable instrument) and messed around with it for a while, but never got to the point where I could really play it, even badly.  I still have it around here somewhere; every now and then I come across it and play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, the only piece I remember at all.

I applaud your perseverance.    :applause:

• 2 months later...

My place of work plays elevator music all day long.  I’ve got that stuck in my head.  I’m starting to hear it in my dreams.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Artemis said:

My place of work plays elevator music all day long.  I’ve got that stuck in my head.  I’m starting to hear it in my dreams.

I'm hoping that you like elevator music.  (Surely somebody does!)

I took my two-year-old niece to a Flowerbuds meeting, an offshoot of 4-H, for pre-schoolers and now I've been humming the "Please and Thank You" song for three days!

• Sad 1

I don't know the "Please and Thank You" song, but I can imagine what a trauma it must be for you.... 😉

• Haha 1

It's a catchy enough tune but very repetitive; several verses of the same theme--what's the magic word? Saying please when you want something and saying thank you when you get it, saying please when you need help and then saying thank you and etc, etc. But I did enjoy spending time with my niece.

• Thanks 1

I remember a song from the Captain Kangaroo TV show, with lyrics that began "There are two little magic words that can open any door with ease.  One little word is "Thanks" and the other little word is "Please."  Is that the song you're talking about, or is there another one?

This one goes "If there's something that you want, what's the magic word?" Then the child pauses and says "Hmm", (my niece has that part down really well lol); then the child sings "Please, please, please, When you get something you want, what's the magic word? Hmm, Thank you, thank you, thank you." They also use sign language for please and thank you. I'm no good at posting links but I found it on YouTube by just putting in "Please and Thank You" song.

Edited by Caya
This one?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, no way I'm playing that, I don't wanna hear it all day too! :smile: 

• Haha 1

That's what I initially decided, but then my curiosity got the better of me and I played it once (actually about half) with no discernible ill effects.  Most definitely NOT the song they used to sing on Captain Kangaroo.

However I went looking for that other song (which seems to exist on YouTube only in some annoyingly extended version from a phonograph record) and had it stuck for a short time.  But I've always thought it was cute, so I didn't really mind.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

my curiosity got the better of me and I played it once (actually about half) with no discernible ill effects. 

"Discernible." :lol5: 

I don't know, Dabbler, I think maybe we'd better keep an eye on you for awhile to make sure. :P 

Probably a good idea!  :D  I did catch that tune running through my head a few times, several days later.

• Haha 1

As you wish ...

Admittedly, now *this* is in your head, but the other song's gone, at least. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ooh, but I've loved that song for years!  I would be glad to share my head with it for a while.  (I don't recall ever actually seeing The Tokens before, though.  They seem awfully -- pale.  :D )

• Like 1