Sign in to follow this  
Artemis

What song is stuck in your head?

As far as I can recall, that's the version I grew up with.

Now to go play some Foals, quick, before that thing really does get stuck in my head …..

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

As far as I can recall, that's the version I grew up with.

Version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," you mean?  Yeah, that's the one that was the big hit.

I work on Thanksgiving, and while I'm there I'm supposed to set up Christmas decorations.  I started pulling them out today in preparation, and inside one of the boxes was a wooden sign that said "Noel".  So for the last few days I've had "Sing We Now of Christmas" stuck in my head.  (Not this version precisely, but it's as good as any I suppose.  There don’t seem to be many versions of this carol out there.)

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

I work on Thanksgiving....

Do you have a dinner to go to after work?

That "Noel" sign reminds me of a Home Improvement episode we watched recently, where four boys are in a Christmas pageant, each wearing a choir robe with one letter of "NOEL" on it -- but they're nervous, and at first they spell "Leon."  A wooden sign is definitely safer!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Do you have a dinner to go to after work?

No, I work from 8am to 8pm that day (later if there’s more that has to get done), so I can’t really make any plans.  I probably wouldn’t have plans anyway though.

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

I work from 8am to 8pm that day (later if there’s more that has to get done), so I can’t really make any plans.  I probably wouldn’t have plans anyway though.

Working that many hours, you probably wouldn't have the energy for socializing afterward -- so maybe just as well.  Hopefully you do get a break now and then.

"Georgica Pond" by Johnnyswim.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 1:27 AM, Artemis said:

So for the last few days I've had "Sing We Now of Christmas" stuck in my head.  (Not this version precisely, but it's as good as any I suppose.  There don’t seem to be many versions of this carol out there.)

This is one of my favorite carols, partly because it isn't that common. 

• Like 1

"Wide Eyed" by Billy Lockett.

This has been running in the back of my head all morning, took me awhile to remember what it was because it's so obscure. I love the ending, wish I'd been there ....

(U2 again, sorry not sorry :P )

"Pompeii" by Bastille.  This video only has a snippet of the song, but I'm posting it because this scene is where I first heard the song, and whenever it plays, this is what I think of.  I donno why, it must have made an impression on me, lol.  Maybe it was the swordplay.  I loves me some sword-swinging.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, Artemis said:

I loves me some sword-swinging.

Oh lord yes!

Amazingly, I think I've actually seen all but 2 or 3 of these movies. (Notice a trend? :D ) I must apologize, however, for the music in this video. Urgh.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I've seen almost all of them too, lol.  There was only 1 I didn't quite recognize, but it still seemed familiar.

They should have added the fight from "The Court Jester".  :P   

tumblr_ne17nofcwo1u1ws2go1_400.gif

tumblr_pe8kxj0Nlk1wk87d9o2_540.gifv

tumblr_pe8kxj0Nlk1wk87d9o3_r2_540.gifv

tumblr_pe8kxj0Nlk1wk87d9o1_r2_540.gifv

tumblr_ne2bm4srLl1u1ws2go1_400.gifv

• Like 2

Oh, YES. If I knew how, I'd make a video just for that. And include the vessel with the pestle just for fun.

• Like 2

"Daft Punk (Medley)" by Pentatonix.

I was listening through my playlist of old-world Christmas carols, and now I've got this one stuck in my head.  Happy December!

"The King" by Loreena McKennitt.

Love her voice.

Heard this one in a movie trailer, now it's in my head.  Gave me chills in the theater.

Anton Rogers (Tom, the Hot Soup Man) leads the show-stopping number from "Scrooge" (1970).  Watched it again just the other night.  Now, it's in my head and I can't get it to leave.

• Haha 2

^ My favorite version of “A Christmas Carol”!

The songs are really catchy.  I tend to get “I Hate People” stuck in my head.

19 hours ago, Artemis said:

^ My favorite version of “A Christmas Carol”!

The songs are really catchy.  I tend to get “I Hate People” stuck in my head.

Me, too, on both counts.  I scanned several reviews of this film which pan the songs as 'unmemorable'.  My reaction:  "Da fuq you talkin' bout?"  They are all catchy.  At the time, the movie was considered a disappointment, having failed to top the box office receipts or critical acclaim from the previous Bricusse musical, "Oliver!"  "Scrooge" utilized many of the same sets at Shepperton Studios.

Albie Finney (RIP) was only 34 years old at the time, and underneath the old man schtick portrays a very spry old coot.  Some critics disparaged his singing . . again, I'm like .  . . totally appropriate to the character, the raspy speak-sing style.  If Scrooge burst out in an operatic baritone, that'd be strenuously out of character.  This is a very dark story at its heart, and few of the dramatic versions (I'm thinking of the one with George C. Scott) are so ponderous and bleak--the music balances out the darkness.

For another sad/zany treatment of this story (sort of) . . check out "The Man Who Invented Christmas" with Dan Stevens as Charles Dickens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hikari said:

For another sad/zany treatment of this story (sort of) . . check out "The Man Who Invented Christmas" with Dan Stevens as Charles Dickens.

Another good one!  I saw it in theaters and keep trying to convince other people to give it a chance, lol.

(For those with Amazon Prime, it’s currently available to watch for free.)

• Thanks 1

Just a warning to everyone who is going to watch frozen 2, be ready to have "Let it go" replaced by this https://youtu.be/l1uoTMkhUiE.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Artemis said:

*All* of them?  :D

• Haha 1