What song is stuck in your head?

Artemis

Yes, lol.  I’m mentally running through the entire musical.  Currently I’m on “Joseph’s Dream”.

Now I’m on “Stone the Crows”.  Poor jealous Elvis-Pharaoh...

7 minutes ago, kimber8ada said:

My 2 year old niece is fascinated with "The Little Mermaid " so I've had "Under the Sea" in my head for the last two weeks.

Oh, I'm so sorry. :D 

Meanwhile, I'm moving into holiday mode:

• 2 weeks later...

It dawned on me I didn't have any Beatles tunes on my iPod. So I bought some. Now this one's following me wherever I go. (At least it's something I like.) 

It's been almost two weeks since I've seen this episode but suddenly I've got "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" stuck in my head.  Whyyyy.

But I’ve heard plenty of other songs since then.  Why that one.

Because you're trying to stop, which entails thinking about it, which reinforces that particular memory.  It's like trying NOT to think of a pink elephant.

Don't worry, though -- it'll probably go away just as soon as some other song gets stuck in your head.  (Hey, don't blame me!  I didn't make up these rules!)

I like the theme song!

Meanwhile, I've been running around with the bitterest love song of the past 30 years in my head … ak.

2 hours ago, Sheerluck said:

Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones are perfect together

I liked what little I saw of Crook in The Office.  I assume Jones's character here isn't that much like Culverton Smith, so that should be fine too.

2 hours ago, Sheerluck said:

Be careful though, you may end up craving a metal detector

Oh, I already want one of those!

While I was weeding the garden one day, my wedding ring slipped off my finger and flew into a patch of undergrowth.  So we went to rent a metal detector, and when we returned it (after Alex found the ring), the owner showed us his fancy model.  You could put a sample of any specific metal or alloy into a little compartment, and it would look only for that specific metal.  So say if you're hoping to find old real-silver coins, you'd just put one of them in there, and it would ignore old roofing nails or tin cans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Because you're trying to stop, which entails thinking about it, which reinforces that particular memory.  It's like trying NOT to think of a pink elephant.

Mmmm nah, I don’t think that’s it.  I don’t even bother trying to stop the songs, because it doesn’t work.  I just wait it out until they’re gone, lol.  But even if I were trying to stop, that wouldn’t be until it got stuck in my head, which didn’t happen until long after I heard it.  So the question still remains, why did my brain search back through my memory and choose that one to get stuck on to begin with.  Mysterious brain...

‘Tis not stuck in my head anymore, anyway.  No other song has replaced it yet, but I’m sure something will shortly, lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Artemis said:

Mmmm nah, I don’t think that’s it.

Me neither, cuz all afternoon I've had a song stuck in my head which I haven't heard in days. And I haven't really been thinking about it, just aware it's there. And now that I have started thinking about it … I think it's gone. Oh, wait … maybe that's because I just accidentally turned on my music. Now all I can hear is what iTunes is playing. :smile: 

• Haha 1

"Hold the Line" (Acoustic) by ARIZONA/Avicii.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up with this song roaring in my head and it won't let me get back to sleep, so here you go. (Love you, guys, but really, in the middle of the night? :D )

• 1 month later...

No idea what sparked it, but the “Eloi” song from “The Time Machine” soundtrack has been stuck in my head for days.  At least it’s a beautiful song.  Someone in the YouTube comments said it reminds them of “the first rays of sunlight that creep over the horizon at sunrise,” and I would say that’s accurate.

• Like 1

Got the seasonal music channel on so I can listen to Irish music for St. Patrick's Day.  "Johnny McEldoo" is stuck in my head now.

Lol, you asked for that one!

I celebrated the 17th with a full dose of U2.

• Tongue 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Ya Got Trouble" from "The Music Man".  Not my favorite musical, but does it ever have catchy songs.

"Trouble!  With a capital 'T' and that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for 'Pool'!"

• Like 1