What is your favourite scene involving Moriarty in series 2?

Sherlock The Otter

Hello everyone!

Sorry I've not been on the forum much, I've been over-run with revision and exams... 😢

But, I'm back again with another topic, this time with Moriarty!

Personally, my favourite is in The Reichenbach Fall, in the court. Moriarty seems so sinister and to me it really sums his character up well.

I'm curious to know what your answers will be!

x

42 minutes ago, besleybean said:

I like the tea scene with Sherlock.

Oh yes! That is a great scene! I love how the apple he left behind is now so iconic 😄

1 hour ago, Sherlock The Otter said:

my favourite is in The Reichenbach Fall, in the court. Moriarty seems so sinister

I like that scene too, but to me he just seems completely confident that he's going to be found not guilty, and pretty smug about it too.  I guess that should have told us that he had an ace up his sleeve!

• Like 1

I think my favorite is probably the tete a tete with Sherlock on the roof in TRF. I love the cool way Sherlock faces down Jim's craziness.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I like that scene too, but to me he just seems completely confident that he's going to be found not guilty, and pretty smug about it too.  I guess that should have told us that he had an ace up his sleeve!

Yeah! He just seems too chill in there, It really shows how he has everything already planned out and in motion I suppose :lol4:

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I think my favorite is probably the tete a tete with Sherlock on the roof in TRF. I love the cool way Sherlock faces down Jim's craziness.

Oh yes that scene is fantastic! I really like Sherlock's line "I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for a second I am one of them" to me its really powerful.  

• Like 2

I also like that scene -- but was greatly disappointed that they didn't really follow up on it in TEH.

For example, it seemed clear to me that Sherlock knew Moriarty's code was a hoax, but played along in order to get him to say so -- so he could record his "confession" on his cellphone, which explains why he carefully tossed the phone onto the roof (presumably for Molly to retrieve).  But there was nary a word said about that later.

• Like 2

But the whole thing was a hoax, concocted between the Holmes boys, so I never really worried about that one instance.

As Sherlock said, the only thing that took them by surprise was Moriarty's suicide.

• Like 1

What I meant was, why didn't they mention in S3 that Sherlock had recorded Moriarty's boastful confession on his phone, and that was how the police were able to exonerate Sherlock?  And/or a whole bunch of other explanations for all those intriguing details in TRF?

• Like 1

Moriarty getting to the crown jewels. I love that entire sequence, the music, the way it is filmed, the humor, everything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, besleybean said:

I love the fact that Andrew just decided to dance...it wasn't scripted!

It wasn't?  Wow, that was what really made that scene!

• Like 1