This is an open discussion and debate about the best Sherlock ships, including Sherlolly and Johnlock. I myself am a big sherlolly (Sherlock x molly) fan, but of course other opinions and new ships will be very interesting for everyone. 😀

• Like 2

If I had a ship, I think it would be Molly and Sherlock (just because I think Molly deserves a shot at her dream :smile: ). I'd like to see Lestrade find someone, don't know why, he just strikes me as the type that would be happier with an "other" in his life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't throw things at me (but if you must, fresh produces only please), I really only ship Sherlock with his detective life/everlasting thirst of knowledge.

It's not that I feel represented, as that is not my current path, but it's good to know that it is an alright way of living and existing, and there is equal happiness to that despite the normal 'normal'.

And who is the best in that except Sherlock who has existed for more than a century, I think that what makes him special, and that what makes me like the series.

But feel free to ship, who knows, you might change my mind. :)

• Like 7

Hello 123 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Only ship I can really claim to be a passenger of is Molstrade, but I'll happily go down with it. :lol: 

tumblr_n38yvz7J7N1sb4r5yo1_500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I don't do ships...

of what has been mentioned so far:

no doubt Molly loves Sherlock, but she accepts he is not interested in her.

His only fling was with Irene.

Likewise, I definitely think Greg has the hots for Molly and I would like to see them together.

I agree with Van Buren supernova that Sherlock is, in a way, married to his work, but Molly deserves her greatest dream- she's such a sweet, kind hearted person.

Thank you, Caya, for the welcome!

On 1/30/2020 at 1:10 AM, Caya said:

Only ship I can really claim to be a passenger of is Molstrade

Me too.  :D

And welcome aboard, SherLOCKED123.  Thanks for jumping right in and posting!

• Like 1

Thanks! 😊

Molstrade is also a great ship...mainly because I agree with besleybean...

On 1/30/2020 at 6:36 AM, besleybean said:

Likewise, I definitely think Greg has the hots for Molly and I would like to see them together.

😅 

When I entered the Sherlock fandom (my first fandom ever and so far the only one I have actively participated in), I had no clue what shipping meant and when I found out, I thought it was the silliest thing I ever heard of. Until I realized that I had been doing it all my life to the characters in my favorite books. 

I think I began to begrudgingly ship Sherlock and John after / during series 3. I didn't want to but there was just so much romance in there that I finally gave up and gave in and by now, I have made my peace with that. 

It's a pretty platonic ship in my case though that was perfectly satisfied with the way the show ended. I like to think of Sherlock Holmes as married to his work and while maybe not exactly asexual, little interested in sex beyond perhaps an annual meeting with Irene Adler that's probably more about the thrill of danger than anything else. 

But I have come to see the series as a love story nonetheless and greatly enjoy it as such - all the more that I know for sure now that everything will be right in the end. 

I think blowing up 221b was cheesy and over the top but totally worth it just to see John actively helping to restore it to just the way it was before, thus finally admitting and accepting that he goes there not because he has no better alternative but because he likes it and he likes crazy old Sherlock too with his fridge full of body parts and his skull and his moods and everything.

I thought John and Mary's relationship was interesting too. It made John look pretty bad at times though imho. The way the show exalted Mary got on my nerves big time but she was a cool character. 

• Like 6

On 1/30/2020 at 12:17 PM, J.P. said:

My ship is friendship.

^ Likewise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, T.o.b.y said:

When I entered the Sherlock fandom (my first fandom ever and so far the only one I have actively participated in), I had no clue what shipping meant...

Me too, although eventually I draw the conclusion from the content because there were too many online languages and lingos I didn't understand. At that time I also just moved back to the place I know the formal language well, but way outdated on all sorts of acronym, modern, lazy, alternative languages. I had too many questions online and real life! So instead of the risk of looking dumb, I suffered quietly XD and misguidedly of course.

But I don't remember shipping about anyone in books, movies or TVs, just occasionally  I think I know where this is going, get to it already but more in annoyed way, especially if they dragged the whole plot around it, but then again, that is the reason I don't really watch romance. For other genres, like Sherlock's, more often than not I am actually irritated by romantic plot, unless it offers something good to the story, not just two people have chemistry then they have to bang.  That's why to put it simply, I'm very happy nobody bangs yet in Sherlock, but I certainly suspect Mycroft and Lady Smallwood, there are too many Wikipedia pages that start well but end abruptly.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, T.o.b.y said:

I think blowing up 221b was cheesy and over the top but totally worth it just to see John actively helping to restore it to just the way it was before, thus finally admitting and accepting that he goes there not because he has no better alternative but because he likes it and he likes crazy old Sherlock too with his fridge full of body parts and his skull and his moods and everything.

Agree, and because of that, now I have to admit I wish I have the courage and hip to dance like Mrs. Hudson, regular vacuuming is so boring.

• Haha 3
  • Tongue 1

1 hour ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Me too, although eventually I draw the conclusion from the content because there were too many online languages and lingos I didn't understand. At that time I also just moved back to the place I know the formal language well, but way outdated on all sorts of acronym, modern, lazy, alternative languages. I had too many questions online and real life! So instead of the risk of looking dumb, I suffered quietly XD and misguidedly of course.

But I don't remember shipping about anyone in books, movies or TVs, just occasionally  I think I know where this is going, get to it already but more in annoyed way, especially if they dragged the whole plot around it, but then again, that is the reason I don't really watch romance. For other genres, like Sherlock's, more often than not I am actually irritated by romantic plot, unless it offers something good to the story, not just two people have chemistry then they have to bang.  That's why to put it simply, I'm very happy nobody bangs yet in Sherlock, but I certainly suspect Mycroft and Lady Smallwood, there are too many Wikipedia pages that start well but end abruptly.

Agree, and because of that, now I have to admit I wish I have the courage and hip to dance like Mrs. Hudson, regular vacuuming is so boring.

I will join this club! I'd never heard of shipping either before joining this fandom, and I'll be happy if I never hear of it again, to be honest. I genuinely don't recall ever "shipping" any characters in TV, books or otherwise. I might have shipped myself with someone a time or two, but that doesn't count, right? :D 

And wholeheartedly agree about Mycroft and Lady S, the evidence is so, er, evident... :rofl: 

There's been a few romances I've genuinely appreciated. Buffy and Spike comes to mind. (Was that a romance, though?) Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, there you go.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:23 PM, T.o.b.y said:

But I have come to see the series as a love story nonetheless and greatly enjoy it as such - all the more that I know for sure now that everything will be right in the end. 

Of course it is. It just depend on your definition of "love".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, J.P. said:

Of course it is. It just depend on your definition of "love".

Mine is pretty broad. 😄

• Like 3

On 3/13/2020 at 2:51 AM, T.o.b.y said:

Mine is pretty broad. 😄

Again, I don't mind if it's essential to the story and they don't bang for the sake of banging. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against those, I just hate it so much (oh well I think I am against then) when a good story turn into unnecessary romance and it disrupts everything from then on. I hate that there are many series feel the need to have romance, no, they don't, look at the best series, most of them don't (well best to my rating). Anyway, if you guys see anything like that when they can't resist to get the main character doing it, please remember in another part of the globe I was in pain trying to get my eyes to roll back to the front. 

There is nothing wrong with shipping, I think I talk more about those fans who throw tantrum when they don't get something they want.

• Like 1
  • Tongue 1

20 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I hate that there are many series feel the need to have romance

The main problem, to my way of thinking, is that once they get the couple together, the series loses a good bit of its dramatic tension -- so of course then the couple has a stupid argument and breaks up, and then they're in limbo for the rest of the series (like Ross & Rachel in Friends).  Better for the series that they never get together in the first place.

• Like 1

One show I really liked was Madame Secretary, and one reason I really liked it was because the main characters were a married couple in a stable, loving relationship. Yeah, they had their arguments, but only in the way that normal married couples do. And banging was not shown. :smile:  It was refreshing and I don't think the drama suffered at all. So it can be done.

I remember how annoyed I got at ER because no one in that show seemed capable of staying in a relationship. The collapse of their personal lives got really boring, I finally stopped watching it.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Welcome back, SherLOCKED123!   :tulip:   Things have been a little quiet around here the past few days -- it's good to see a friendly face!

So -- what's your opinion of Mycroft and Lady Smallwood?

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 11:59 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Welcome back, SherLOCKED123!   :tulip:   Things have been a little quiet around here the past few days -- it's good to see a friendly face!

So -- what's your opinion of Mycroft and Lady Smallwood?

Hmm, I have to say, I never really understod this ship. Mycroft seems slightly similar to Sherlock in terms of being either asexual or having no space for romance in his life. I know I said I supported Sherlolly, but thats just my little fantasy. I know it would never happen. So, in terms of this ship, I have to say I just can't seem to get behind it. 😶

8 hours ago, SherLOCKED123 said:

Mycroft seems slightly similar to Sherlock in terms of being either asexual or having no space for romance in his life.

I know what you mean, and would have totally discounted the possibility myself if he hadn't seemed to be intrigued by her invitation.  I now suspect that he considers her to be something more than just another goldfish, so I'm curious to see if they follow up on that scene near the end of Lying Detective.

• Thanks 1

Who else has read MadLori's "alone on the water" fic; there is Johnlock right towards the end...

17 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

and would have totally discounted the possibility myself if he hadn't seemed to be intrigued by her invitation.

Well, maybe he's just surprised that someone would like to talk to him as a person and not as a colleague. A bit like Sherlock baffled that John mad him his First Man. I bet with his way of interacting with people he doesn't get much invitations to chat.

• Like 1