10 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

To me, it emphasizes that they both have strong feeling for Sherlock that should have nothing to do with anything sexual, in my mind, personally, is more realistic and beautifull.

And -- more Victorian, therefore more appropriate in a Holmes story.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, Van Buren Supernova said:

I think I meant this.

At work, I used to do that, believing that people are capable of what they are hired to do, but too much dissapointments lead me to twist it around. That I would be skeptical of them unless they prove it. Some people are so good with words that when it comes to action, untrained people could be better job than them, and it's frustrating because these kind of people normally being paid highly because of the deception skills.

Anyway, to keep on topic. I think my problem with shipping in any kind of show especially Sherlock, is people usually link shipping to .. ehm, banging, bedroom, sex, blablablah.

I think there is greater beauty in 'shipping' that is more like admiration or feeling for someone because they make you feel that way, not related to blood flow to genitals. Hmm.. example, exactly what I think John and Sherlock are, without the whatever fans want them to do (kiss, moochy moochy, bang ~insert eyeroll). Or other example, what Irene said, when John said, I am not gay! She said something along the line, and I am. To me, it emphasizes that they both have strong feeling for Sherlock that should have nothing to do with anything sexual, in my mind, personally, is more realistic and beautifull.

I do think the fact that sex or sexual desire is not part of a relationship should not lessen the value of that connection or make anyone take it less seriously. 

But the opposite is true as well, imho. I don't consider anyone's love less beautiful just because they also want to bang the person they're in love with. 

With Sherlock and Irene, my personal impression is that they do have a lot of sexual tension but I can't really imagine them meeting up just to have sex, I think they'd both find that way too boring. My headcanon is that they have a standing affair where they play intricate, dangerous games with more or less overt sexual undertones but hardly ever touch each other. 

As for John, there's zero evidence on screen for me that he's into Sherlock sexually and I take his word for it that he's not gay. And I still see his and Sherlock's as a love story and one of my favorite love stories too. 

If some fans think it would be a better story if the boys went to bed with each other, that's fine with me, and I feel sorry for them that they were perhaps disappointed. But just for myself, I'm perfectly happy with the way things turned out. 

• Like 4

On 11/15/2020 at 3:02 AM, T.o.b.y said:

With Sherlock and Irene, my personal impression is that they do have a lot of sexual tension but I can't really imagine them meeting up just to have sex, I think they'd both find that way too boring. My headcanon is that they have a standing affair where they play intricate, dangerous games with more or less overt sexual undertones but hardly ever touch each other.

I get the impression Moffat thinks the same way about them, judging from a couple of plots he's mentioned toying with. Seems like they always end up with Irene stealing Sherlock's clothes but that's about as close to physical as it gets. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1