42 minutes ago, Hikari said:

The most notable thing about A Study in Pink is the fact that it created a new supernova star in the firmament literally over 90 minutes one Sunday.  I think it happened with Sherlock was whipping the cadaver, personally.  That's when I fell for him!  

The first meet cute scene--quite sublime.  Mike Stanford, naughty Matchmaker, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts . . all the way going back to 1887.

By the time we get to Sherlock wearing the orange shock blanket, the partnership had solidified into something great even before John had moved in properly. 

The show also had me hooked at "we'll start with the riding crop," but that merely meant that I greatly enjoyed Series 1 and was looking forward to more.  It wasn't until "more" arrived in the form of Series 2 that I considered myself an actual fan -- of the show and of Martin Freeman.

But yeah, thank goodness for Mike Stamford (note: you've got a typo in his name, Hikari).  Without him, there wouldn't be a show!  I hope we'll be seeing more of him in (I hope) future episodes -- just love the twinkle in David Nellist's eye!

Well, since my first episode of Sherlock was "Scandal", I didn't respond much (beyond laughing, of course) to the riding crop ... for me, it was the moment Ben whipped that damned scarf off his neck on their way to Irene's. I'd already fallen for Martin during "Love Actually." Alas, I'm afraid he was rather displaced in my affections by the scarf-wielding Benedict. 

So much has happened in my life since I started this thread that I might as well start over ... I don't remember much about my rewatch. Good thing I brought my Sherlock DVD's to my new living quarters. Gee, wonder how that happened.....

21 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

So much has happened in my life since I started this thread that I might as well start over ...

You poor kid!  Just keep a stiff upper lip and think of England!

• Haha 1

I have completed my Lockdown Re-watch...

won't give them another ago til 2022.

2022!!!! How can you bear the wait???

I saw somewhere that this was the 10th anniversary of the first airing of SIP. Did you folks have a celebration? Was there cake? Did VBS show up and eat it all?

• Haha 1

There were a couple of neat videos on different threads around here somewhere.  Umm, one thread is called something like It's Been 10 Years, and that video was by Arwel Jones.  I don't recall what thread the other one was on, but the video itself was an anniversary Q&A with Moffat, Gatiss, and Vertue, moderated by Louis (who is older now).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

There were a couple of neat videos on different threads around here somewhere.  Umm, one thread is called something like It's Been 10 Years, and that video was by Arwel Jones.  I don't recall what thread the other one was on, but the video itself was an anniversary Q&A with Moffat, Gatiss, and Vertue, moderated by Louis (who is older now).

Cool, I'll find them eventually, I'm sure.

I don't think Louis should have been allowed to get older. Poor parenting, tsk tsk.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I don't think Louis should have been allowed to get older.

He seems to have aged fairly gracefully, though.

The video btw was posted by me. Did I made an extra thread for this? I think so, but don't ask me where.

1 hour ago, J.P. said:

The video btw was posted by me. Did I made an extra thread for this? I think so, but don't ask me where.

Well, you put the Mycroft video in the Mark Gatiss thread, here.   And you did indeed create a new thread for the Moffat, Gatiss, Vertue (and Moffat) video, namely the "It's 10 Years, folks!" thread, here.

• Thanks 2

On 8/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Well, you put the Mycroft video in the Mark Gatiss thread, here.   And you did indeed create a new thread for the Moffat, Gatiss, Vertue (and Moffat) video, namely the "It's 10 Years, folks!" thread, here.

I think Carol should be called "Carol the Finder", instead of "Carol the Dabbler."

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

He seems to have aged fairly gracefully, though.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:52 PM, J.P. said:

Yes he does. :)

Just watched. Holy smokes. I'll say. Va va voom.

7 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I think Carol should be called "Carol the Finder", instead of "Carol the Dabbler."

Nope.  Dabbling is more fun!   :P