Do I have a cosplaying dog?!

Only just thought to say...

had a laugh with my daughter:

every time I come back home, having left the dog alone...my deerstalker has moved!

My daughter thinks the dog is secretly cosplaying Sherlock Holmes, everytime she is alone!

Presumably as in 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'. Ha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Or maybe your dog is a well-known sleuth in the local canine community. :smile:

W0vs6S4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha.

Yeah, I don't actually have any cameras in the house...

To begin with I kept coming home and finding the hat on the floor, at the opposite end of the settee, where I normally perch it.

It doesn't appear chewed or anything...

I guess she's maybe just playing with it, out of idle curiosity or something...

I think our pets tend to feel bored and/or lonely when we're away.

A friend used to come home from weekends away and find his sweaters strewn all over his apartment, even though he'd left them securely closed in a dresser drawer.  Obviously his cat was the culprit, but we couldn't figure out how she could possibly have done it.  The drawers were massive and heavy, hard for even a human to slide open, and there was only a very small crack between one drawer and the next.

Finally one day we caught her at it.  She would wedge the tip of a single claw into the crack between drawers, then patiently flex and unflex her paw until the claw could be pushed further into the crack, and so on.  She had the entire weekend, after all.

Yeah I go home every lunchtime for doggo, don't like her being left.

She's actually pretty good...really into cardboard and paper!

I wish I could go home to my dogs during lunch.  30 minutes just is not enough time, as the commute alone can take almost that long one way.  At least they have each other, but I still worry about them getting lonely.

Oh believe me, I will give myself an ulcer!

I only have 30 mins, too.

I have to drive to work each day, so I can bomb back around the corner(only 5 mins by car)each lunchtime.

Belle has to be walked, for her to go to the loo.

She is mosy dischuffed when I turn back after about 5 mins and it's a push to try and get her to a have a wee in that walk time!

I then stand in my kitchen, with my coat on, shoving as many grapes(or blueberries etc) into my mouth and swigging out of a carton milk...in the remaining minutes I have!

• Sad 1

My cat sulks when I put my shoes and coat on, because she knows it means I'm leaving the house. She has this particular pose she adopts for that occasion, everything tucked in and her eyes straight ahead. Oh, the guilt I feel......

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

My cat sulks when I put my shoes and coat on, because she knows it means I'm leaving the house. She has this particular pose she adopts for that occasion, everything tucked in and her eyes straight ahead.

Oh, no -- the dreaded "I'm never speaking to you again pose"!  Our cats sometimes do that -- but when we're leaving, they generally just yowl for food and then stomp off in disgust when it's not forthcoming.  (We feed them when we get up and when we get back -- because if we feed them before we leave, they want to be fed again when we get home anyhow.  Oink.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 3:34 AM, besleybean said:

every time I come back home, having left the dog alone...my deerstalker has moved!

My daughter thinks the dog is secretly cosplaying Sherlock Holmes, everytime she is alone!

Presumably as in 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'. Ha!

My deduction is, you don't have to worry that your dog would take over the world or try to replace your status in the house, because she is careless not to put them back into place in order not to alarm you. On the other hand, if you have cats, oh dear, he/she obviously trying to frame the poor dog.

However, for those who have deerstalker and everytime you go home it's unmoved, you better be worried. Cosplaying is for everydog, it is known. Only the sneaky ones that are up to no good would put it back neatly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 9 months later...

I can't imagine how I possibly missed seeing this thread before now............ 😁

I'm only glad your response gave me the excuse to go back over my posts and correct all of the typos.

I do apologise folks and you are all very polite for not highlighting my multiple errors!

Jeezo...wish I notice others spell differently to me!

10 hours ago, besleybean said:

I'm only glad your response gave me the excuse to go back over my posts and correct all of the typos.

You must be some relation to me!   :D   I've corrected some of my posts that were far older than this.

• Like 1

Typos? There were typos? 😄 

• Haha 1

Can you guys do mine??

I hereby give you all the power to fix all my typos and grammars, I am genuinely terrified that my posts are annoying because they are full of those! While you are on that,  please make me sound smarter and nicer too yes?

13 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I hereby give you all the power to fix all my typos and grammars

Thank you.  If I see anything that might confuse people, I'll do that.  In fact, I've been doing that, and not just in your posts!   :D

16 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I hereby give you all the power to fix all my typos and grammars,

dont-tempt-me-any-further.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

please make me sound smarter and nicer too yes?

Oh come on, we can't work miracles, you know .... 😛

35o46Bs.gif

• Haha 1
  • Tongue 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Arcadia said:

Oh come on, we can't work miracles, you know .... 😛

35o46Bs.gif

I'm tempted to ask which one, but I know you would say both. :axe:

• Tongue 1

11 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Nevermind. Go ahead. :D

Understand, VBS, that I would use this unlimited editing permission from a desire to do good.  But through me, it would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With that power, make me finally come out as shinny sparkling great in expressing myself in this weird language! (This one is not miracle I suppose??? It's on you!! 😊)