For John Watson: If I Told You I was Sorry...

CSIBakerStreet

Sorry the rest of you lot if this sounds a bit too much like a poem. But it sort of is. And since a certain someone will not respond to his messages or respond to my direct statements to him, this is what I shall resort to. So, here you are, John. I hope this will provide a valid explanation. Oh, and my apologies if it's a bit long.

If I told you I was sorry…

If I told you I was sorry, would you believe me?

Even though you’re my friend, I don’t think you would.

If I told you I was sorry, you wouldn’t even listen.

You’d just block it out because you think I wouldn’t mean it.

If I told you I was sorry, would you tell me that I’m lying?

That I’m making it up just to get you to come back?

If I told you I was sorry, there’s no way you’d think I’m serious.

It just can’t come in your mind that I am telling the truth.

If I told you I was sorry, you’d just keep on walking.

Trying to get away because you’d think it isn’t true.

If I told you I was sorry, you would never forgive me.

Of everything I‘ve done this is the thing that is the worst.

If I told you I was sorry, you’d say “Oh, that’s funny.”

You cannot even fathom that I really am.

If I told you I was sorry, you’d run off and leave me.

Never come back because you don’t know how much I need you.

If I told you I was sorry, you wouldn’t know how sorry.

There are not enough words in the dictionary to tell you the true amount.

If I told you I was sorry, I would fail for words.

No words can ever convey the full truth of what I want to say.

If I told you I was sorry, here‘s what you‘d think.

After he says it and I forgive him, he’ll just drop it. It means nothing.

I would tell you that I’m sorry, but you’ll see that I just can’t.

If I told you I was sorry, then I’d lose my only friend.

There. I will take this moment to say that this may be my last post for some time. I am going off for a while. If you were to ask me where, that's what I'm asking myself. But I am leaving none the less. And unlike some people (John Watson. AHEM.), I warn others before I go somewhere. Goodbye. Catch. You. Later.

CSI, that's really beautiful!

It's may not be the sort of thing that Sherlock is likely to say aloud, but I can certainly imagine him thinking that to John when he returns from his self-imposed exile.

Thanks for posting it! :tulip:

Forgive me, but... :cry: Dear Mr. Holmes, you have brought me to tears. I believe I may be one of the few people who understand the true intent of this post. Please, do not think I wish to be rude to other members. You have not apologized to John for faking your death and not telling him you were alive and thus he is very upset at you. This is your explanation to John for not apologizing. It is truly beautifully written. And allow me to tell you how brilliant you are, since John will not tell you that anymore most likely. You see, Mr. Holmes here did an amazing trick. Luckily enough, I am familiar with this so I will be able to explain what it is he has done. You may note that after this post, he posted a reply to Alice Holmes on the post How Much Mary Morstan Will There Be? or whatever it's really called. But you see there is the trick. After. Any of you who are familiar with Ms. Marple and the episode At Bertram's Hotel will know this trick. He made that post look like it was supposed to have been posted after this one, when really it was before. I applaud you Mr. Holmes. Really well done. Oh and allow me to say: Hello, everyone. I'm new. Technically. No one has to welcome me since Mr. Holmes had that honor.

Oh--hello, Mary. Even though you said we need not welcome you, does that mean we mustn't welcome you? Or does it simply mean that you care only for my dear cousin's welcoming? We are all equal here; we do not value one's welcome above another's.

In short, I welcome you, Mary Morstan, whether you welcome it or not. ;)

In response to a post that has since been removed I am closing this thread, as I feel this "Roleplay" is getting out of hand.