Old American Country & Western Music!

Douglas

I know that I mightn't have many people to join me in this, but I really love old American Country And Western Music (even though I'm from Australia), and I'm wondering if anyone else here does? 

I've got music on CD, by: 

The Original Carter Family, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams Sr., Kitty Wells, Johnny Horton, Ned Miller Roger Miller, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Susan Raye, Connie Smith, Cal Smith, Carl Smith, Glen Campbell, Merle Haggard, Porter Wagoner, Dolly Parton, Jim Reeves, Charley Pride, Tom T. Hall, Buck Owens, Don Rich, Conway Twitty, Nat Stuckey, Leroy Van Dyke, Marty Robbins, Kenny Rogers, and Burl Ives.

Anyone interested for a discussion on this? 

If not: MODERATORS: please feel free to delete this TOPIC! 

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
Re-typed thread title and an ALL UPPER CASE paragraph into Upper & Lower.

Well, there's me, sort of.  I'm not specifically a C&W fan, but several of the singers you listed were also played on pop-music radio stations, back in the day, while others were popular enough to appear on mainstream TV variety shows.  Here are the ones that I specifically remember liking:

Johnny Horton -- The Battle of New Orleans and North to Alaska (his last, I believe) were both very popular here.
Roger Miller -- I just love King of the Road!
Jim Reeves -- I like his voice,
Tom T. Hall -- I like his style.
Burl Ives -- That man was a classic!

By the way, this topic is fine!  However the forum has a rule against typing in ALL UPPER CASE.  Now and then for emphasis (as you did in your last line) is fine, but not in general.  So I retyped your thread title plus the list of performers into upper/lower case.  I proofread it once and found/fixed several typos, so you'd be well advised to check it yourself.

• Like 1

@Carol the Dabbler

Hi Carol,

Thanks so much for this, and I'm so sorry that I caused you to go to so much trouble with the upper/lower case business, and also with the typos! Yes, I certainly will check what I've written from now on.

Yes, I feel the same way about those singers that you mentioned from my list; And I agree: Burl Ives sure was a classic; what a great entertainer he was! 

Anyway, thanks again, Carol, and once again, I apologise for my errors.

No, no, no -- they were MY typos!  When I retyped your list, I hit some wrong keys.  I think I found all the errors, but would still recommend that you have a look, just to be sure.

Sorry for not stating that more clearly in the first place!

38 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

No, no, no -- they were MY typos!  When I retyped your list, I hit some wrong keys.  I think I found all the errors, but would still recommend that you have a look, just to be sure.

Sorry for not stating that more clearly in the first place!

@Carol the Dabbler

Hi Carol,

No worries at all; don't worry: I probably wouldn't have noticed them anyway! 

Thanks so much, once again.

Kindest Regards to you always,

Douglas