Carol the Dabbler

Why in heaven's name would they DO that?!

I'm surely not the only one who occasionally notices people doing things that seem to make no sense whatsoever.  But they must make sense to the person doing them -- or they wouldn't do them.  This usually prompts me to think of possible reasons, which is a good brain exercise if nothing else.  And who knows, it may eventually turn me into the world's second-best consulting detective.

So I'm thinking we can share our "why would the do that?" puzzles, so everyone can post their best guesses.

As we drove past a neighbor's house today, I noticed what I took to be some insulated beverage dispensers in the yard, like this one:

312DKg96O8L._AC_.jpg

Of course those are fairly popular items this time of year in Indiana -- but there were about a dozen of them!  They were sitting near the driveway, divided into two clusters a few feet apart, with about half a dozen in each.

I am not going to post my best guesses for two reasons:  1] I want to give y'all a chance to cogitate first, and 2] I haven't the foggiest.

On 7/25/2020 at 11:19 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

As we drove past a neighbor's house today, I noticed what I took to be some insulated beverage dispensers in the yard, like this one:

312DKg96O8L._AC_.jpg

Of course those are fairly popular items this time of year in Indiana -- but there were about a dozen of them!  They were sitting near the driveway, divided into two clusters a few feet apart, with about half a dozen in each.

I am not going to post my best guesses for two reasons:  1] I want to give y'all a chance to cogitate first, and 2] I haven't the foggiest.

They were social distancing?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Tongue 1

OK, maybe we'll have better luck with this one:

The past couple of times we've driven past the old movie theater (now used for special events) in a nearby town, there's been a huge curtain hung from the side of the building.  It's about two stories high, nearly reaching the ground, and is at least as wide as it is tall.  I didn't immediately realize it was a curtain, till I saw that it was rippling in the breeze.  I'm not sure whether it's woven fabric or heavy plastic, but it has an overall print design of some sort.

Any ideas?

Are they renovating the façade? Mesh "curtains" are used to cover the scaffoldings and keep the dust from flying around.