SherLOCKED221

Sherlockology & Other Resources

All the best to Aithine, it's really hard when companies won't stand behind their products and services.

Thanks for the heads up, Carol. Much appreciated.

tumblr_n5ekgqKUcb1qkgkowo1_500.jpg

Three years ago today we opened our Twitter account and posted our first status, and thus Sherlockology was born, a few days before filming began on the second series of Sherlock.

You can read the entire article here.

Another year has passed, and in honor of their fourth birthday, they've posted "The Secret History of Sherlockology."

1-sherlockology-on-set.jpg

Left To Right: Leif Harstad, Emma Grigg, Jules Coomber & David Mather

• Like 3

Thanks, J.P.!  Unfortunately you're not the only one who has trouble understanding the first audio -- the fellow who introduced the whole thing was fine, but then when the others came on, the acoustics went all to hell and (though I believe I recognized Gatiss and Moffat's voices) I couldn't understand a word -- well, this does seem to be the source of Gatiss's joke about The Hobbit turning out to be nine movies, but that was about it.  Does it get any easier later on?

Don't think so. But I could clearly recognize Steven's voice.

You are really obsessed when you recognize the behind-the-scenes makers by voice. The only other case with me was the crew of LOTR/Hobbit.

Sherlockology posted a link to their ringtone page (which includes the ringtone that Andrew Scott has in that Comic Con video).  They have basically two versions of the Sherlock theme and three versions of "The Game is On":

Title Music:  No surprise, this is the basic Sherlock opening-credits-type theme.

Reichenbach Ballad:  A more complex, somewhat sad version of the Sherlock theme.

Welcome to London:  The basic, catchy "Game Is On" music (and the ringtone I'd use!)

The Chase:  A jazzed-up version of "The Game Is On."

A 221B Christmas:  A slightly more sedate "Game Is On," with Christmas bells.

• Like 1

As I believe was noted some time back, somewhere on this forum, the wonderful Sherlockology website has ceased operation.  HOWEVER, as the Sherlockology staff recently discovered and reported on their Twitter account [here], the website was archived as of August 2018 on Archive.org's WayBack Machine [ https://web.archive.org/web/2018082501 ] -- where it will hopefully remain available for the foreseeable future.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Sherlockology.com, it's got all sorts of information about the BBC program.  Try clicking on the row of category links near the top of the page (my favorite is Behind the Scenes).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1