Trouble posting...

DistantView

I use Firefox on my laptop and am unable to post (I just get an endless spinning wheel when I try), but I can log in and read everything okay.

I have no trouble posting from my phone though where I use Chrome. 

Anyone know if this is a browser problem or something else maybe?

3 hours ago, DistantView said:

use Firefox on my laptop and am unable to post

I'm posting this from my laptop, using Firefox, so apparently your problem lies elsewhere.  What's the rest of your laptop setup?

3 hours ago, besleybean said:

I wouldn't ever use Firefox.

Chrome is far superior.

What is it that you prefer with Chrome?

Like DV, I have Firefox on my laptop and Chrome on my phone.  I see little difference, other than on Chrome it takes extra work to use DuckDuckGo instead of Google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Writing this from Firefox as well, so, no, it's not the browser. What plug-ins do you use, DistantView? Maybe one doesn't like TapaTalk or something.

4 hours ago, Caya said:

What plug-ins do you use, DistantView? Maybe one doesn't like TapaTalk or something.

It's her laptop (w/ Firefox) that won't let her post -- her phone (w/ Chrome) does it fine.  But I agree, the problem doesn't appear to be with the browser.

Since Firefox does not appear to be the issue I think the problem is the lap top itself.  It's really old and running an older Windows OS that I can no longer even update. However this is the only forum that I have problems with. My last lap top (MacBook pro) I used for 15 years before I ran it into the ground and started having similar problems,  so may be just time to invest in a new device. 

While we're flattered that you consider switching to new hardware because of us :lol:, you might want to consider downloading Chrome on that old machine first and see if that one gives you the same trouble.

• Tongue 1

4 hours ago, DistantView said:

Since Firefox does not appear to be the issue I think the problem is the lap top itself.  It's really old and running an older Windows OS that I can no longer even update. However this is the only forum that I have problems with. My last lap top (MacBook pro) I used for 15 years before I ran it into the ground and started having similar problems,  so may be just time to invest in a new device. 

If you are running an older device, it may be that you aren’t able to update to the latest version of Firefox. (92.0.1 is the current version). It may be worth trying chrome, as Google don’t limit updates on older systems quite so aggressively as Mozilla.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Caya said:

While we're flattered that you consider switching to new hardware because of us :lol:, you might want to consider downloading Chrome on that old machine first and see if that one gives you the same trouble.

Lol, well I'm new on the board, but you all seem like a wonderful lot. Maybe worth upgrading for ❤️

Thanks for the advice.  👍

59 minutes ago, Undead Medic said:

If you are running an older device, it may be that you aren’t able to update to the latest version of Firefox. (92.0.1 is the current version). It may be worth trying chrome, as Google don’t limit updates on older systems quite so aggressively as Mozilla.

Thanks, Medic. I'll give it a try...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty... so I am having the same problem posting, only now I'm on my phone using Chrome. 

And it seems hit or miss. I posted a few hours ago from my phone with no problem... now the wheels are spinning. ??

And I haven't had time to install chrome on my home laptop since I've been inundated at work lately. If I get around to it I'll let you know if it fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1

Addendum, 

That posted just fine but the poll I tried to respond to in the other section is still "saving" according to the forum. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, DistantView said:

I use Firefox on my laptop and am unable to post  [....]  I have no trouble posting from my phone though where I use Chrome. 

3 hours ago, DistantView said:

I am having the same problem posting, only now I'm on my phone using Chrome.

Ain't nothing sacred?   :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Eh, it seems hit or miss, which makes me think it's connectivity and not the device or browser. 

Water under the proverbial bridge for now, as far as I'm concerned. 

And that just posted fine, from my phone, and I'm on a conveyance with shoddy wifi. 

:shrugs and walks away: