Hello!

HI everyone! new here :) just saw all the episodes these past couple weeks and think its turning out to bean interesting show. cant wait for it to start up again! until then!

Hello itslikelectiveamnesia!

:welcome: to Sherlock Forum!

I hope you enjoy it here!

:D

Hello, itslikelectiveamnesia -- welcome to Sherlock Forum! :wave2:

I'm looking forward to hearing your take on the various episodes, while they're still fresh and new to you.

thanks! and i will at some point in the near future. i was a little meh at first but that last episode definitely got me hooked. i was (and still am) a huge fan of house and know its based off sherlock holmes so im sure i will continue to like it

Yeah, I think that last episode really did a number on most of us. (I thought I was hooked by about fifteen minutes into "A Study in Pink" -- but "The Reichenbach Fall" got me totally obsessed!)

Yeah, I think that last episode really did a number on most of us. (I thought I was hooked by about fifteen minutes into "A Study in Pink" -- but "The Reichenbach Fall" got me totally obsessed!)

ya it thought it was all just alrite at first till the 2nd season. even thought it says my favorite of the first seasonis study in pink i really dont have a favorite. but im definitely looking forward to next season. doesnt come out till march right?

... im definitely looking forward to next season. doesnt come out till march right?

Oh, dear -- I really hate to tell you this, but they plan to start filming season 3 in March. Then the three new episodes will probably air next fall (2013) in the UK, and who knows when in the US and elsewhere.

Back when we heard that Season 2 would be on the BBC in January, but not on PBS till May (!), we pre-ordered the region 2 DVD from the UK Amazon, and had it in hand in early February. I have no doubt that we'll do that again for season 3 -- even if PBS plans to show it simultaneously with the BBC, since what PBS airs has had about 8 minutes cut out, per episode. All it takes is a region-free DVD player (such as many laptops come equipped with).

Sorry about that! (But forums are good for helping each other through the dry spells.)

bleh. how annoying lol. well anyways, cant wait for the next one. this is the first time ive ever gone back and watched the episode a second time so soon after haha. its good. well then to pass the time i might take the time to read the originals Holmes works then.

do u have any idea why theyre wating so long for it?

It's not that they're "waiting" exactly, just that everyone involved is pretty busy with other things. If they didn't all like Sherlock so much, they presumably wouldn't even bother with it.

Steven Moffat (co-creator & writer) is heavily involved with Doctor Who (and is being accused of neglecting that show because of Sherlock!). Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes) just finished filming the next Star Trek movie (he plays the bad guy!). And of course Martin Freeman (John Watson) stars in The Hobbit trilogy (as the hobbit!), which isn't quite done filming yet. Et cetera.

o okay. that makes sense. they shoudle just drop everything and do Sherlock! lol im joking. but thats understandable.

but i think the hobbit is done filming because apparently its coming out this weekend

... they shoudle just drop everything and do Sherlock! ...

:bouncy:

... im joking ...

No, you're not! ;)

.. i think the hobbit is done filming because apparently its coming out this weekend

Midnight tonight, actually (technically tomorrow). Hubby and I have tickets! But that's just the first movie.

While they were filming, the deal was that there would be two movies. If that was still the plan, they would indeed be all done filming. But apparently Peter Jackson had "trilogy" in the back of his mind, so he did not restrain himself when it came to deciding what scenes to shoot. Then after they were "done" he suddenly "discovered" that they had almost enough material for three movies, and the studio gave him the go-ahead.

So there's just a bit more to be filmed. I'm guessing that's at least part of the reason why season 3 of Sherlock will begin filming in March, instead of January as originally announced. Fortunately, the delay doesn't seem to have affected the season-3 air date. (I suspect they had included a Hobbit fudge factor in their schedule all along.)

For Sherlock? That's actually up to the BBC and PBS, etc., but last I heard, the Sherlock people were expecting it to air in the UK in early fall. Hopefully it'll be about then in the US as well, but PBS may delay it again.