Tumblr?

My site is : http://tehcutecumber.tumblr.com

A Sherlock and Cumberbatch-centric blog (mostly reblogged photos) with other fandoms I like.

Magpie, I was going to ask if that URL is perhaps supposed to be spelt with a "the" -- but your link not only works as is, it brings up a Sherlock-and-Cumberbatch-oriented account called "Could Be Dangerous."  So apparently that's what I get for jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

My site is : http://tehcutecumber.tumblr.com

A Sherlock and Cumberbatch-centric blog (mostly reblogged photos) with other fandoms I like.

Magpie, I was going to ask if that URL is perhaps supposed to be spelt with a "the" -- but your link not only works as is, it brings up a Sherlock-and-Cumberbatch-oriented account called "Could Be Dangerous."  So apparently that's what I get for jumping to conclusions.

LoL- I wanted "the" in the name but apparently "thecutecumber" was already taken on Tumblr! :cry:  Seems to be an inactive account too, hmmph. Thanks for stopping by, anyways!

• 7 months later...

I have two Tumblr's  I would love for you to follow,  it's mainly Buster  Keaton and old movies,  but I do reblog lots of Benedict and Sherlock.

http://wherearewedamfino.tumblr.com/

My other one is just me places up images from movies that I watch.

http://saturdaynightmovie.tumblr.com/

For anyone who hasn't read this entire thread:

The forum's tumblr account (If you're not already following it) is: www.sherlockforum.tumblr.com

Also, I believe it's possible to add your Tumblr address to your under-the-avatar info (along with your real-world location, favorite episodes, etc.).  Just click on your user name at the top of any forum page, then click "My Settings" in the drop-down menu.  When that page comes up, scroll down to Contact Methods.  There's no Tumblr slot per se, but I see no reason why you couldn't enter your Tumblr URL in the box that says "Website URL."  Then scroll down and click "Save Changes."

I can't actually test this because I'm not on Tumblr -- so someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

• 3 months later...

So any of the other regulars on here have a Tumblr account?  Mine is complete rubbish and is mostly a bunch of reblogged X-Files and Sherlock crap, but if anyone else has an account, I'd be interested in following fellow Sherlock folks or I can give you mine if I "know" you on here.  Just message me.  Not sure I want to stick it out publicly on the forum for all the world to link to, even though I don't really have any personal info on it.

• Like 1

Not directly on tumblr yet. Not including all the pics & videos related to Benedict & his various goings on, I haven't figured out the point of tumblr yet.

If you ever figure it out, please let me know!

(Basically, I think it's just an easy place to post things.)

I use it for news on actors and shows, that whole letting the info come to me thing... ;)

Also, some funny gifs and memes.  Other than that I don't think there's much of a point.  :)

I do have a Tumblr. I had it for a longer time but I also figured it out only about... two months ago?

Although mine says to be mostly focused on Andrew Scott, there is all sorts of stuff. Benedict, Sherlock, a bit of Martin and The Hobbit, maybe a random quote here and there, some art... I don't post / reblog that much...

Shall I send you a message, sitty?

Bubu, I'm sending you a message now.  I'm glad even a young person such as yourself is just figuring it out.  Makes me feel not so old.   ;)   I've done very little with mine;  haven't messed with formatting at all yet.  If anyone else wants my page, just message me.  I'm not really picky about handing it out, I just feel weird posting the link publicly for some reason that I can't pinpoint right now.  Even if you don't have a page, anyone who participates here can have the link if you want it, just message me   Maybe at some point I'll feel comfortable sticking the link out there for the whole world to see.  lol 

ETA:  Also, it's probably a little X-Files heavy right now because I've had more luck finding X-Files blogs that I like than Sherlock blogs.  Which is why I was asking here...  :)

God, sorry, Tumblr is such a mess. No beginning, no end, no way to contact the author of an interesting article, no index, no structure. It feels like all that good stuff (and there is plenty) was just dumped on one big pile, mixed with lots of ... compost. If that's where the information era is going... scream.gif

Why people don't write normal blogs anymore?

Sorry for the rant. Actually I wanted to write it in the Shoot the Wall thread. c5ZMS82w5C.gif

God, sorry, Tumblr is such a mess. No beginning, no end, no way to contact the author of an interesting article, no index, no structure. It feels like all that good stuff (and there is plenty) was just dumped on one big pile, mixed with lots of ... compost. If that's where the information era is going... scream.gif

Why people don't write normal blogs anymore?

Sorry for the rant. Actually I wanted to write it in the Shoot the Wall thread. c5ZMS82w5C.gif

There are plenty of normal blogs out there still, just most of them aren't on Tumblr.  :)   I would compare Tumblr more to a Twitter or Facebook that supports gifs than an actual blog site.  It's more social networking than blogging.  I have come across quite a few blog-esque postings on Tumblr that are quite lengthy and extensive;  you can do a search on Tumblr for "Sherlock meta" that should find you some stuff to actually read if you're interested.  I do a search for a show/character followed by meta if I'm interested in reading people's thoughts on a certain show or character(s).

If anyone else wants my page, just message me.  I'm not really picky about handing it out, I just feel weird posting the link publicly for some reason that I can't pinpoint right now.

I assume that your Tumblr page is under a different name from the one you use here, so that's one plausible reason.  I'm online under -- hmm, three different names (counting my real one), and I do not care to have them cross-referenced.

Tumblr ... feels like all that good stuff (and there is plenty) was just dumped on one big pile, mixed with lots of ... compost.

Hey, how dare you denigrate compost -- it's great stuff!  :P

• Like 1

If anyone else wants my page, just message me.  I'm not really picky about handing it out, I just feel weird posting the link publicly for some reason that I can't pinpoint right now.

I assume that your Tumblr page is under a different name from the one you use here, so that's one plausible reason.  I'm online under -- hmm, three different names (counting my real one), and I do not care to have them cross-referenced.

Tumblr ... feels like all that good stuff (and there is plenty) was just dumped on one big pile, mixed with lots of ... compost.

Hey, how dare you denigrate compost -- it's great stuff!  :P

That is correct, I am not sittything on Tumblr.   Looking back, I didn't even think to see if that was taken.  It is!  I just looked... lol

• Like 2

So any of the other regulars on here have a Tumblr account?  Mine is complete rubbish and is mostly a bunch of reblogged X-Files and Sherlock crap, but if anyone else has an account, I'd be interested in following fellow Sherlock folks or I can give you mine if I "know" you on here.  Just message me.  Not sure I want to stick it out publicly on the forum for all the world to link to, even though I don't really have any personal info on it.

I have a Tumblr account but honestly, I'm not sure what to do with the darn thing.  Mostly I just reblog things I see posted on Twitter.  I don't contribute original content.  I'm not entirely certain how the thing works.