How Did You Find Us?

How did you find out about Sherlock Forum?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find us?

• Twitter
    • Facebook
    • tumblr
    • Google
    • Other Search Engine (Specify Below)
    • Live Journal
    • Other Website/Blog (Specify Below)
    • Word Of Mouth
    • Tapatalk
    • Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...

I googled 'Sherlock Holmes fan forum' and was surprised to see that this appears to be the only one on the net.. I was expecting to wade through hundreds!!!

• Like 2

This is definitely not the only one, but nevertheless, we're glad google has led you to us. Welcome to the forum, softmachine! :wave:

• Like 1

I googled 'Sherlock Holmes fan forum' and was surprised to see that this appears to be the only one on the net.. I was expecting to wade through hundreds!!!

We are a small but exclusive club!  :lol4:

:welcome: softmachine!

• Like 1

Google. I had no one in my real life who understood my excitment at the new series coming out, I suffered eye-rolling, despairing looks and even requests of 'Oh do shut up!' It was horrible. I had to find some like-minded people and I found this place :)

Note: I have since converted the family by means of prolonged exposure therapy (forced) and they're now hooked. My mum has even gotten over a severe bout of 'Benedict face aversion' and can watch it without making any utterences of 'ugly' 'funny looking' or 'smackable face'. Result!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Been wanting to join a forum for ages - went through Google to find a Jeremy Brett forum - I found this little cutie! :wub:

I must admit I had lurked for the past week... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Lurking for a week and still thinking the forum is worth joining is actually quite a nice compliment.  Thank you, Pawse!  :welcome:

Looking forward to more of your posts (especially on Jeremy Brett matters).

• Like 1

I went on to the BBC Sherlock site but found it wasn't a proper forum so I just googled and found this wonderful Sherlock Forum.

Cue Smileys!!!   :sherlock::picard::bart::axe::shoot::flame::llap::jedi::dad: :brit:

• Like 1

Well you're doing it right, obviously - welcome to the foruim, MissMoriarty662! :wave:

Lurking for a week and still thinking the forum is worth joining is actually quite a nice compliment. Thank you, Pawse! :welcome:

Looking forward to more of your posts (especially on Jeremy Brett matters).

Aww......! Gone all shy, now..! :blush::blush::blush:
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good ol' Google.

Yep! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't have a clear recollection of how I found Sherlockology, but I believe it was through looking up desktop wallpapers on Google Images.

I found the Sherlockology Calendar and fell in love with the idea of having to solve for the pictures (although I struggle with solving them on my own without a hint).

It was actually through the Wallpapers that I found this forum, which I love by the way. I have been looking for a way to connect with other Sherlockians but hadn't been able to find one that I liked the looks of.  I'm so glad I have now.  :D .

Hello Watlocked and welcome to the forum! :wave:

You're definitely not the only one struggling with the anagrams on occasion, btw, which is why we have a hint/solution thread :smile:.

• 2 weeks later...

Google for me too.  Going through withdrawals after completing Series 3 I just needed to talk about it, or even just read other people's discussions about it.  I just didn't want to let it go yet.  This site was the second listed at the time I searched.  I lurked on this site and on the other one for a bit before deciding which community I'd rather spend time with.  Look who won!  ;)  Not to insult the other forum, because everyone that likes Sherlock Holmes is fine by me, however, I definitely preferred the maturity, depth and intelligence on this forum. 

• Like 4

... I definitely preferred the maturity, depth and intelligence on this forum.

Wow!  :blush:

Now that you've actually joined, do we have to continue pretending to be mature, deep, and intelligent?

• Like 5

Ha, fooled another one! :)

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I follow the sherlockologyy anagram calender and a few months ago I had some trouble figuring it out. I would usually search on tumblr for someone that has found the answer, but I couldn't find anyone so I searched on google and found this forum :)

• Like 1

I Googled Sherlock forum, per one of the writers mentioned in season 3 special features about theories people have tweeted & shared thru a forum about how Sherlock survived The Fall. Then I ended up here.

I love it because it helps me from getting too depressed between series.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Googling for help in solving 1 of the anagrams for Sherlockology's wall paper calendar puzzles.  I might have also seen it pop up elsewhere after that point.

• Like 1