Who Are Your Favourite Bands/artists?

My list is very strange, because it's a mix of lots of things x)

- Lily Allen

- 30 Seconds to mars

- Paramore

- Taylor Swift

- Owl City

- Lana del Rey

- Within Temptation

- Lady Gaga

- Il Divo

- Jessie J

- Leona Lewis

- Spanish singers as Edurne, La Oreja de Van Gogh

And then I love musicals (Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Hairspray, Mamma Mia!, The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked...) And Soundtracks are my passion!

Your lists are amazing, the music that you hear is cool! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well right now I am totally obsessed with Rick Astley, he has fried my brain to where I cannot stop singing his songs. Ha, my friends sing his songs as well and then yell "Damn you Chantell!!" and all I can do is laugh my butt off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well you try being made into a walking bomb by a psychopath with a '70s disco fetish!

John, I was being sarcastic. I know why. And also, you weren't the one who was scared half to death when his best and only friend walked out and started talking like he was the psychopath. Then finds out his best friend has in fact been made into the walking bomb by the deranged psychopath. And has to stand there containing his emotions. Listening to this insane person go on and on about who he is and what he's done. Saying he can...stop his best friend's heart. ...I'm sorry. {Goes off}

• 6 months later...

William Control

He was kind of a random discovery of mine, thanks to EvigMidnat - he was headlining a gig that I was attending to see the support act and if not for her, I would have probably left before he came on. She made me listen to his stuff beforehand and I decided I liked it. He's now going to be playing Whitby Goth Weekend twice this year and I am absolutely made up!

• 1 month later...

I saw AC/DC at Monsters of Rock at Donington Park in 1991, a show that was made into their Live at Donington VHS/DVD.

:D

They were awesome.

MonstersOfRock5766_zpsb286b564.jpg

• 6 months later...

Well I have quite an eclectic taste in music, in that I enjoy music from all genres and generally like individual songs or albums as opposed to bands/artists. A few artists or bands I enjoys listening to though are

Iron Maiden

Bon Jovi

MUSE

Nightwish

Florence And The Machine

Nirvana

Haloo Helsinki

Fall Out Boy

Bowling For Soup

Black Sabbath

Duran Duran......I could go on :)

and as I like dance

The Swedish House Mafia and Aviici

I do have a couple of favourite bands though and they are my all time favourite The Rasmus and HIM who I will actually be seeing next week!

• 2 months later...

Well, in general, I listen to different music styles but there's one band that is really overrepresented on my MP3: MUSE  :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-QdD31fs4

• Like 1

I discovered Muse thanks to my nephew. He was paying me back for introducing him to a lot of previously unheard stuff.

and this is Benny from Aussie band Axis of Awesome at the Edinburgh Fringe doing a version of Knights of Cydonia as a request...

• 2 weeks later...

Has no one mentioned Radiohead?  :(

You just did. ;)

(I used to love OK Computer BTW :D )

Tool (in my opinion the greatest band to ever exist)

Pearl Jam

Bright Eyes

Counting Crows

A Perfect Circle

I'm not really up on music, I know little of new stuff and most of the bands listed above I only know some of their stuff. Apart from Tool, I have all their stuff because they only release an album every hundred years or so. OK, slight exaggeration... but only slight. Worth the wait though, marvellous stuff!

I tend to like individual songs rather than have favourite bands, but those listed are probably as near as I would come to favourites.

If I were to list favourite songs I'd be here all day and it'd be a weird mix that you wouldn't imagine being on the same person's playlist.

I like quite a few bands if i had to pick one i go for Behemoth then my taste varies in metal realm. i also listen to classical music usually if i write and its individual piece rather than a composer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1960's                              1980's

Beatles                             Bryan Ferry               

Marmalade                       Roxy Music

Herd                                 

Move

Tremeloes

Monkees

1970's

Rod Stewart

Faces