Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

Banshee

I'm often amazed at the way, when I was a kid, it was standard procedure to make sure the cat was put outside before you went to bed at night. It's amazing we didn't lose more of them than we did. But even when we did, it was sort of like "oh well, that's what happens to cats." I look back on that attitude now and shudder in horror. But I bet a lot of people still have it. :( 

• Sad 1

Another case of today is people adopting a dog (good) but end up relying on her roommate to feed and taking care of the dog, and then give the dog up when it has behaviour problem. (chewing and separation anxiety, good god, it's untrained eight month puppy) and four more dogs being abandoned because the household population is out of control (they never vaccinate or sterilise their dogs), same household who had six deaths in couple of weeks last year, two puppies being attacked by other dogs, and four died of Parvo. We only know the house keeper who was kind enough to walk the dogs in the morning until they moved away (he kept in touch with the person who shared the story with me), can't imagine how he feels. 

Anyway, happier note. Only today I could bring myself to go back to the area where I found the puppy (mainly because I was asked to assist in something) and it's great to see other dogs that I know on that area are alright. 

• Like 1

I'm debating on whether to put this in Speedy or Rant. But I suppose my misery could cheer up this thread.

So, I was just sent a dinosaur squishy (some kind of stress ball) that have plethora of small colorful ball in its belly that balloon up everytime you squeeze it.  So I played with it while keeping myself busy on the computer. It's really nice! At the right size, consistency or whatever mass that I felt really good with the hand exercise I got by playing with it, and believing I was a less angry and better person. :P I swear I didn't give it extreme pressure, and it felt very durable.

And of course you see where it's going.

It exploded in my face, and scattered many of those slimy tiny colorful balls that I had to pick up (spoiler: it's ridiculously difficult) and endure judgemental look from my dog (who, luckily a very well behaved dog who doesn't just put anything in his mouth).

20190603-165509.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

"*SIGH*, Why do you have to be so hard?" - My dad, after I asked if we could stop for ice cream on our way back from the home repair store.

Sorry I'm such an inconvenience.  Jeez.

tenor.gif

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Artemis said:

"*SIGH*, Why do you have to be so hard?" - My dad, after I asked if we could stop for ice cream on our way back from the home repair store.

Quoting your dad, I assume?  Wow, he must be really, really, really miserable, to be such a complete and utter killjoy!  I feel sorry for both of you, and hope that he's able to pull out of his funk somehow, preferably before he drives you nuts.  :(

• Like 1

Was waiting for this thread to re-appear in my email notfications...

I know I shoudn't and it's all my fault...

But I have been engaged in heated debate with...well on their part, disgruntled Sherlock fans.

Anyhow, in the middle of all the usual p-d off Johnlock stuff.

I then get a new one thrown at me:  that Eurus doesn't exist.

I apologise in advance if anyone on here subscribes to this very view...

But it caused my biggest eye roll to date.

2 hours ago, besleybean said:

Was waiting for this thread to re-appear in my email notfications...

I know I shoudn't and it's all my fault...

But I have been engaged in heated debate with...well on their part, disgruntled Sherlock fans.

Anyhow, in the middle of all the usual p-d off Johnlock stuff.

I apologise in advance if anyone on here subscribes to this very view...

But it caused my biggest eye roll to date.

Doesn't exist...? :blink: Is Sherlock supposed to have imagined her, or...? What about all the other people at Sherrinford? Mass delusion? 

6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Quoting your dad, I assume?  Wow, he must be really, really, really miserable, to be such a complete and utter killjoy!  I feel sorry for both of you, and hope that he's able to pull out of his funk somehow, preferably before he drives you nuts.  :(

The thing is, this isn’t even an unusual thing for me to hear, from him or anyone.  I’ve gotten it a lot over the years from various people, family and “friends”, so I figure it must be generally true.  I’ve never really understood why, though, and it still makes me feel bad.  I don’t try to make anyone’s life difficult.  :(  I was helping him caulk holes in the siding of his house all day, and it was hot.  I just thought ice cream would be nice.  :( 

Sometimes I wish I could see myself from an outsider’s perspective, just so I could figure out what it is that makes people so averse to me and maybe try to fix it.  That would probably just make it worse, though, I donno.  Anyway.

Fandoms get incomprehensibly weird sometimes.  Since “Avengers: Endgame” came out, there’s a new fandom ship in development I’ve seen popping up on Tumblr that ships Loki with the Tesseract.  Seriously, Loki and a blue cube.  How would that even work?  They’re still coming up with names for it, but the front-runners seem to be Tesserloki and Tesski.

It’s crazy out there, man.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, besleybean said:

I can understand why people might wish that the character had never been thought up.  But within the Sherlockverse, I'd have to ask the same questions that Tobe just did.

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

Sometimes I wish I could see myself from an outsider’s perspective, just so I could figure out what it is that makes people so averse to me and maybe try to fix it.  That would probably just make it worse, though, I donno.

I sometimes wonder the same thing about myself.  Maybe everyone does?  But I suspect you're right, it probably wouldn't help.  When I was younger I used to try to be more like other people, but I was no good at it, and like you say, it just made things worse because I then came across as a phony.  I guess I'd rather be the real me.  At least I'm better at it.

• Like 3

Yes, count me in as one. I used to think that I'm the one at wrong, but I think I have stopped doing that, since I could see that others are not exactly right-er.  Eventually I distance myself from many people, since I suppose it's better, they don't enjoy my companionship because I'm not what they want me to be anyway and feel much happier. It's difficult for family though, I guess staying apart helps. Actually staying apart helps with A LOT of my relationships. It's a filter and strainer as well, those who survive my very infrequent affection are the keepers.

I think that could be one of the reason why we are here. Nothing seems to strange or different here. :) All nutters.

• Like 7

Add.

I suppose life is a cycle of doubting yourself and then heck care I've tried,  over and over again. I think the bottom line is, the trying is relative from different point of views.

As for weird fandom, that's why I avoid those kind of internet. The closest fandom for me is here, and the reason why I'm still coming is somehow I feel more like myself in here, as said, you can always relate to someone, somehow.

I hate Season 4!

SAME!

I love Season 4!

SAME!

I hate John's moustache!

SAME!

I love John's moustache!

SAME!

I hate kids!

SAME!

I love kids!

SAME!

I put my toilet paper in down-under orientation!

WHAT! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND????!!!!

P.S I exaggerate the last one XD, but any moment now...! 

10 hours ago, Sherlock The Otter said:

exams!

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

The closest fandom for me is here,

Same here.  I try to avoid fandoms, but they’re difficult to circumvent entirely on the internet, especially a place like Tumblr, which is like Fandom Central.  I really love Tumblr for other things though, so I don’t want to leave.  But it can get very weird.

5 hours ago, J.P. said:

Any proper theory about it? Or just ranting?

This may or may not be it, but I’ve heard the theory that Sherlock never really came out of his drug-induced hallucinations in TAB, so everything after TAB happened in Sherlock’s head and is not real.

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

I’ve heard the theory that Sherlock never really came out of his drug-induced hallucinations in TAB, so everything after TAB happened in Sherlock’s head and is not real.

You know, that kinda makes sense.  I mean, it would very neatly explain away a lot of those weird things that happened in S4.  So, let me get this straight -- Sherlock is in a drug-induced stupor in some exclusive mental hospital.  Mary is still alive and happy.  John still has his normal hair.  Mrs. Hudson may not own a sexy little red sports car after all.  What else?  Oh. right, there is no crazy sister (though we still don't know who "the other one" is/was).  Redbeard is (or that is, was) still a dog.  (Unfortunately Mary is still a retired sniper, but hey you can't have everything.)

It does kinda ruin the whole point of the show, though, doesn't it -- if Sherlock isn't really solving crimes, I mean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

John still has his normal hair.

:lol:

I've heard all kinds of outrageous theories.

Some seriously make me worry over the future of humanity....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, besleybean said:

I've heard all kinds of outrageous theories.

Some seriously make me worry over the future of humanity....

Just think of it as creativity;)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Artemis said:

This may or may not be it, but I’ve heard the theory that Sherlock never really came out of his drug-induced hallucinations in TAB, so everything after TAB happened in Sherlock’s head and is not real.

Aaah, this one. 🙄 They could come with something new for a change.

16 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I mean, it would very neatly explain away a lot of those weird things that happened in S4.

Or he never woke up after the surgery in HLV and his brain is hallucinating while shutting down. But if you liked TAB, you might prefer the other version.

Oh, yes, if you didn't like S3, you might choose the version when he actually hit the pavement. And the dream is John's.

• Sad 1

I sometimes feel I've entered a parallel universe...

When have any of the Sherlock team ever even hinted that S 4 may not be real?

Of course it is.

The story doesn't make sense otherwise.