Banshee

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

I like a rain that washes the humidity out of the air, although we seldom get those …. usually it just makes it worse. But a cold, freezing rain … pah. Wouldn't wish it even on my worst enemies. :D 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I'm groggy in the summer, when it's so hot and humid.

Does this happen only when it's hot and humid?  Or can you pin it down to a particular month or part of a month?

It could be an allergy to the pollen of something that blooms at that time of year or a mold that thrives under those conditions.

Nope, just when it's hot and humid … if by some miracle we get a few nice days in summer, I'm fine. Or if we get hot/humid other times of year, I struggle. All I want to do is sleep, and it's not unusual for me to get migraines. It affects me even if I'm in air conditioning. I hate it.

I do wonder sometimes if there might be an element of depression to it; we live in the woods, and in the summer, when all the trees are leafed out, it is DARK in this house. Winter's cold and bright, so it's generally my best season … except as I age, I'm not enjoying the cold as much as I used to. Phooey.

21 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I like a rain that washes the humidity out of the air, although we seldom get those …. usually it just makes it worse. But a cold, freezing rain … pah. Wouldn't wish it even on my worst enemies. :D 

Your enemy doesn't have a lot to fear XD

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

I do wonder sometimes if there might be an element of depression to it; we live in the woods, and in the summer, when all the trees are leafed out, it is DARK in this house. Winter's cold and bright, so it's generally my best season … except as I age, I'm not enjoying the cold as much as I used to.

I deduce that you have to get a pet.

Now I'm amused about how uninspiring and gloomy my house is every time I send my dog to his original home because I need to travel. I don't even bother to hang around the ground floor except to raid the fridge for water. I don't even feel the need to wake up early when usually I'm up at 5. But when he is home, it's lively, I cook (therefore without him my well being in stomach department is questionable too), I run the TV, lights,  I clean and make everything lively, colorful toys are scattered around and fridge is well stocked.

• Like 1

Yah, I do need a pet (well... want one), but circumstances make that unwise at this time. 😞 Although even when I had pets I still had trouble with all the stuff I described above.

Arcadia, how do you feel when you're away from your home and woods (in an urban setting, say) and the weather is hot and muggy?

Good question, but I don't recall noticing any difference.

Could be you have a problem with something that happens in the woods when the weather is hot and muggy -- mold, maybe?  Or some other type of spores?

Possibly. You'd think the A/C would filter that out though  … ? And what I meant by my response above was … I feel just as lousy when there are no trees around. There's other kinds of mold, though, so … possibly. It's not like it's something I can avoid, though.

I used to get shots for my allergies, and those worked pretty well.  I don't much seem to need them now.

4 hours ago, Sheerluck said:

They shoot people for allergies? Seems harsh. We just get jabs. ;)

I'm more impressed that she survived those shots. Way to go!

Jabs are no good, but even wimps should survive it, so you got no sympathy from me. 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1