Banshee

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

Yeah, you have to be a lightweight like me.

I seem to tackle the garden the same way I do my hair:

my sister used to say i don't so much brush my hair as tickle it!

My rant is the usual:  the same non story about a Cumberbatch divorce has re-surfaced on the internet.

I was kind of hoping that particular piece of filth had crawled off and died.

Bloody click bait.

I actually enjoy the physicality of gardening, I just don't have the time to do it. I figure by the time I retire, though, I'll be too feeble to enjoy the physicality.... :unsure: 

I only wish I'd taken before and after photos of mine...

However, I have booked in my gardener!

On 7/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

It depends on how big your garden is and how you go about tending it, I think.  When I'm able to keep up with my modest garden and keep it well mulched, it's no great amount of work -- but I didn't have time to do that for the past three years, so my garden is now a miniature jungle.  I'm sloooowly getting it cleared, but most of the rest of that work will now have to wait till the weather's cooler.

Consider that I live in city, not elf forest, my garden is just 7x5 meter, but the constant need of trimming (for those big thorny branches, sweeping, weeding), is annoying. The rest I do enjoy, I only wish I have Thanos's back, literal back because I need new spine!

Oh yah, to prove that I'm unbearable, on my fast track to be grumpy person, here are things that annoy me from one trip to fast food chain:

- They only open one register so there was a significant queuing time, the reason I was there was to have a quick meal. It's called fast food for a reason!

- The cashiers are forced to up-sell sets, and merchandizes (that has nothing to do with food) and that take big amount of time for each transactions.

- The menu they are famous with are not available. This is not a one time thing.

- The wash basins are dirty and scattered with food crumbs, consider that you would eventually use hand for fries, burger or chicken, and it's absolutely necessary to wash hands, this is disgusting.

- The put hashbrown/scrambled eggs or other things in paper sleeve/pocket, when it was still hot. Therefore they became hard and stuck to the paper, making it unappetising and you are losing half of them to the sticky paper.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have to admit I've never encountered anything like that around here. As much as I don't really like fast food, I have to admit they are pretty darn well run places. But in other places I've been … yeah, I know what you mean. Maine is the worst, it takes forever to get served up there. I suspect the problem is usually under-staffing … they just don't have enough people around willing to take those kinds of jobs.

Around here, even the fast food places have to pay higher than minimum wage if they want to attract enough employees. But they can afford to, because their volume of sales is so high. McDonald's, for example, is always busy. On a little lonely country road in Maine … not so much.