Banshee

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

Bingo.  I've heard that the hourly pay is considerably better, though.

I think one major reason the company prefers using contractors is that it can get rid of them at any time with none of the legally-required niceties involved in laying off one of their own employees.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

7 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Bingo.  I've heard that the hourly pay is considerably better, though.

In my experience, pay is the same or worse.  It probably depends on the type of work.

Probably.  In the cases I was talking about, the people involved had been doing this specialized work for years, so they were highly skilled.

So yesterday I had my first vertigo, hopefully the last. I had watched my mom had hers, so I understand what was going through, especially when everything started to spin out of control. Still, it sucks a lot. It got to the point that I threw up three times but luckily, still able to function. The culprit should be the long exposure of strong wind right next to my left ear that could be the cause of imbalance, with addition that I just had some irritant on the left side of my throat days earlier, really hope that is the reason. Just a day and two ago I did some two-storey climb and walking next to the edge because I needed to check my water tank, and I wouldn't want to miss the ability to do all those.

I have done some reading and wish it's one time thing, which is very possible.

Have you guys experience it? If yes, what cause yours and how do you cope?

• Sad 1

I agree with Besleybean.

I've only had it once, and it was due to an ear infection, and I needed antibiotics. Cleared up in 2-3 days. But yours sounds worse than mine … I was dizzy, but not throwing up.

How/why I got the ear infection in the first place … unknown. But I remember it happened after I'd been out in a cold wind, and to this day that ear hurts if I don't protect it from the wind, so I blame the wind. But I experienced a lot worse winds when I was younger and didn't have trouble with my ears, so who knows if there's actually a connection.

By the way, for a moment there I thought you were announcing you were pregnant..... :blink: 

Last month my friend said she didn't want to be my friend anymore, why that happened is a story for another time. The point is that ever since that happened people keep telling me that all she needs is time or are asking me if she reached out to make amends. First of all stop asking me if she texted me, it's getting annoying. I already told one person I would let her know if she texted me, I'm sure I need to say the same to others in the future. Secondly stop telling me that all she needs is time, our friendship is damaged beyond repair! She is not going to reach out to make amends and if I would try it, she would refuse to make amends. I appreciate that you're trying to cheer me up, but you don't know her. You don't know how immature, stubborn and resentful she can be. So stop giving me false hope!

• Sad 2

I'm sorry you are going through this and it's absolutely alright to come here and sound off, that's exactly what this place is for...

But if you post, you have to accept people may reply and say things you don't want to hear!

11 hours ago, Fantasy Lover said:

Last month my friend said she didn't want to be my friend anymore, why that happened is a story for another time. The point is that ever since that happened people keep telling me that all she needs is time or are asking me if she reached out to make amends. First of all stop asking me if she texted me, it's getting annoying. I already told one person I would let her know if she texted me, I'm sure I need to say the same to others in the future. Secondly stop telling me that all she needs is time, our friendship is damaged beyond repair! She is not going to reach out to make amends and if I would try it, she would refuse to make amends. I appreciate that you're trying to cheer me up, but you don't know her. You don't know how immature, stubborn and resentful she can be. So stop giving me false hope!

Poor you. :( I went through something like that with my best friend from our teens, many years ago, and while we did get into contact again a decade later (we still move in the same clique, more or less), like you said it was never the same again. Some things can't be mended, unfortunately, much as we'd want them to (I still mourn that friendship). But there are friends that will stay through thick and thin, too, promise, and funnily, often enough those that you wouldn't have expected to, back when you first met. Hang in there. :hugz:

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, besleybean said:
I'm sorry you are going through this and it's absolutely alright to come here and sound off, that's exactly what this place is for...
But if you post, you have to accept people may reply and say things you don't want to hear!

I know that, but as long it isn't "She just needs time" or "things are going to be alright" I can live with it.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Caya said:
Poor you. I went through something like that with my best friend from our teens, many years ago, and while we did get into contact again a decade later (we still move in the same clique, more or less), like you said it was never the same again. Some things can't be mended, unfortunately, much as we'd want them to (I still mourn that friendship). But there are friends that will stay through thick and thin, too, promise, and funnily, often enough those that you wouldn't have expected to, back when you first met. Hang in there. :hugz:

Funny you should say that, I recently saw a friend who I haven't seen in quite some time. Hopefully I can see him more often, I missed him.

• Like 2