Jump to content
Banshee

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I work mornings on weekends, but nights the rest of the week.

... which explains why you're around when drug deals are going down.  Is the parking lot well lighted and readily visible to people on the street and/or whoever's in the building at that hour?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

... which explains why you're around when drug deals are going down.

Well, depends on what you might consider 'night'.  Sometimes they go down around 6 or 7 PM, which seems a little early for furtive activity, especially in the summer when it's still light out.

9 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Is the parking lot well lighted and readily visible to people on the street and/or whoever's in the building at that hour?

Sometimes.  Some nights the lights don't come on, and I've never figured out why.  The parking lot is visible and open but it's pretty big, and pretty empty most of the time, with convenient little corners by the surrounding trees.  So I can see why they might choose it.  I just wish they wouldn't, lol.  And there are actually better, much darker and more hidden parking lots nearby in which to do business.  It wouldn't be my first choice, if I were engaging in something covert.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Artemis said:

The parking lot is visible and open but it's pretty big, and pretty empty most of the time, with convenient little corners by the surrounding trees.

Sounds like it should be fairly easy for you to avoid those areas, then.  That's good!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Sounds like it should be fairly easy for you to avoid those areas, then.  That's good!

I can't easily avoid seeing it from the building, if that's what you mean.  It's hard to describe, but the building is situated in such a way that just about anyone in the parking lot could see me from the parking lot, and vice-versa (unless I'm in the basement).  If you mean I can avoid that area when I leave and walk to my car though, that's mostly true, unless they parked near me, which they probably wouldn't (I'd hope).  Although lately I have been trying to discourage these "meetings" by parking my car in the area where I normally see them park (hence my stumbling upon a condom wrapper today, I suppose).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Artemis said:

If you mean I can avoid that area when I leave and walk to my car though, that's mostly true, unless they parked near me, which they probably wouldn't

That's what I meant, yeah.  Glad to hear that, for your safety.

48 minutes ago, Artemis said:

lately I have been trying to discourage these "meetings" by parking my car in the area where I normally see them park

They'll either ignore you or move to another corner, so you're not likely to discourage them.  Plus they might decide to "discourage" you, which might not turn out too well.  If I worked there, I'd park as near to the building's door as possible, and under a light.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

They'll either ignore you or move to another corner, so you're not likely to discourage them.  Plus they might decide to "discourage" you, which might not turn out too well.  If I worked there, I'd park as near to the building's door as possible, and under a light.

You’re probably right.  I hoped that if they saw a car parked there they might just move on to a different parking lot, since the other corner is less hidden and in view of other businesses nearby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.