Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

Banshee

When it gets swollen, it's more likely you bite the spot again. Does it happen more often?
I've had such a spot I bit regularly - got rid of the problem by letting my dentist grind a corner of a tooth. Needed a second run though, because it was not the tooth I thought was causing the problem. :-)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:36 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

My rant, I like cakes. I don't have sweet tooth, I don't eat a lot of cakes, but sometimes I crave it.

And it's not easy to find good cakes that is not ridiculously priced around here. So, I decide to make my own lately. Been quite happy with the results, anyway, I always explore baking when I have time to do so, and feedback have always been positive (free will no threat I swear), but it's quite annoying strolling through forever to find the recipe after the author decides to tell you their whole life story before the recipe, or worse, it is hidden after another click/the need to navigate among those.

Anyone feel the same? Do you actually read the blablabla?

I know, I know, appreciate the creator. Nope, I just want my cake.

Nope, don't read a word of it, jump straight to the recipe. 

My brother has started making pies. Apple pies, mostly. I have been the lucky recipient of a few. But then he got hold of some pears, and made a pear pie, which is not something I've ever heard of ... pears just don't seem to have the right texture for pie. OMG, it was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted in my life..... But he hasn't made any more! Wah. Maybe I need to buy him some pears for Christmas.....

• Haha 1

So I'm sick, I asked my doctor to get a leave of absence until tomorrow. She refused and said she would give me a leave of absence until today because I would be "healed" by then. I'm not, so I have to go back tomorrow to get a new leave of absence. Like I know my own body, I know how it takes to heal from a cold. This could all have been prevented if she listened to me, stupid female canine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Fantasy Lover said:

I asked my doctor to get a leave of absence until tomorrow. She refused and said she would give me a leave of absence until today because I would be "healed" by then. I'm not, so I have to go back tomorrow to get a new leave of absence. Like I know my own body, I know how it takes to heal from a cold.

I am so glad that none of the places I've worked required a doctor's note for absence.  Of course we're allowed only a certain number of "sick days," and after that we either lose our pay or go on longterm disability.  But in general all we have to do is phone our employer and let them know we're sick.

Also glad that I don't have your doctor.  It takes me a couple of weeks to get over a cold, and if I try to tough it out and keep working (the way some idiots do, thereby spreading their germs), I simply don't get any better until I take time off.

I don't know how it is in Belgium (European social systems tend to be similar though), but here in Austria, the company only has to keep paying you for three days' worth of sick leave and then the health insurance takes over (same wages, just from elsewhere). So if you're sick for more than three days you always need a doctor's note because the insurance requires one. Less than that, it's left to the employer - my current place doesn't ask for one if you're sick for three days max, but I also worked at companies that asked for one when you were missing more than one day, or even for single-day absences. On the plus side, the max length of being sick is a full year (you might get sent to a health resort or similar because of a lengthy sick leave if the insurance thinks it'll help, though - then again, that's covered by said insurance as well).

Also, your doctor is weird. :huh: Pissing off your patients doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me.

• Thanks 1