When You Go Out...

aely

I pretty much take everything but the kitchen sink everywhere with me.

I am accused of that same thing quite often :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ah. I never go out without a flash drive. You would be amazed at how many tights spots it has gotten me out of...

Actually, I usually carry one of them with me as well. Just... not in the minimalistic version of the handbag :D

I prefer to keep them actually on my person, not in a bag. I really wouldn't be in a good spot if someone got their hands on it...

I rarely have pockets :D But I can see what you mean :D

I rarely have pockets :D But I can see what you mean :D

Give me pockets! :whistle:

• Like 1

Give me pockets! :whistle:

Well, YES! While I do understand that sometimes pockets ruin the line of a pair of trousers, the amount of female clothing without pockets is ridiculous! Even worse, there is a lot of formalwear stuff out there with pretend-pockets...

EndOfRant :D

Well, YES! While I do understand that sometimes pockets ruin the line of a pair of trousers, the amount of female clothing without pockets is ridiculous! Even worse, there is a lot of formalwear stuff out there with pretend-pockets...

EndOfRant :D

[/DonnaNoble] :tongue2:

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't go anywhere without my wallet since it carries my medicare card, library card, train ticket and money.

And this tigers eye stone that my friend gave me when I was stressed out a couple of years back. She told me to hold onto it because she wants it back someday so now I need to have it on me or I think I've lost it and get paranoid. XD

My number one thing is my phone. Always making sure I have it on me, don't want people looking through it. I also can't stand not having a hairtie on my wrist most of the time.

When I go to the street I never forget my mobile or my ipod, I need something with music!!!

But I prefer to go to the street with few things, because then I'm worried about loosing them!!

I have cerain things I always carry with me on a regular bases: Phone, Headphones for the MP3 for my Phone, My purse in general....

But I will absolutely freak if I don't have Chapstick! My lips get dried so easily... funny thing is even if i put it on and bring it with me i am fine.. but god forbid even if my lips aren't dry I will freak without it.. therapeutic maybe? I don't know even if i don't need it I still bring it with me.

• 1 month later...

Can't leave the house without my glasses. I've tried contacts but I feel too self-conscious (the fact that my friends tell me I look weird without them just adds to the embarrassment). But I'm usually very forgetful with other things. When I take my watch or bracelets off before I take a shower, I usually forget to put them back on.

Can't leave the house without my glasses. I've tried contacts but I feel too self-conscious (the fact that my friends tell me I look weird without them just adds to the embarrassment). But I'm usually very forgetful with other things. When I take my watch or bracelets off before I take a shower, I usually forget to put them back on.

I leave my earrings by the sink in the bathroom in the morning more often than I remember to put them on :D

About the contact lenses, it's all getting used to it. When I started wearing glasses, it looked strange. When I switched to contacts, it looked strange... it's just, yeah, getting used to it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The one thing I absolutely can't leave the house (other than my keys, which I physically can't leave the house without due to our front door opening with a key from the inside) without is my mobile.

I can vouch for the keys part... Seriously, the number of keys one needs to get out of this house is... interesting LOL

I hope you make a point of keeping a key IN the inside lock whenever you're at home.  'Twouldn't be fun, scrounging around in an emergency situation -- "Where's the key?" "I thought you had it!"

• 3 years later...

Oh dear. I can't leave the house without my entire purse and that is stuffed to the brim. I'm one of those unfortunate people who think they need dozens of little items to survive. It's not just keys, wallet, phone (though those are the only things I check before I leave the apartment), I also feel lost without chapstick, kleenex, a nail file, gum, my calendar (the calendar app on my phone being useless), a pen, a notepad, sunglasses, pain killers, antiemetics (never know when and where the next migraine might strike), cough drops... the list goes on and on. And if I want to feel really well equipped, I need a water bottle as well. And an umbrella. And a book and a bookmark and nibbles and my earphones... So usually, it ends with me not just taking the purse but also a backpack. And then complaining about the weight... :P

• Like 1

What can't I leave behind when I go out? Let's see ... clothing. Glasses. My car keys and driver's license. Um .... if I'm going shopping, some payment method or another, which often as not is a couple of $20's stuck in my pocket. That's about it. The lighter I can travel, the happier I am.

That's not to say I don't have a purse with a bunch of stuff in it. I just don't find that stuff "necessary". Nice to have but will survive without. Even my glasses get left behind sometimes if they're taking too long to find!

Of course cash and keys, a cellphone (plus an extra battery) and a sample of my daily medicaments are logical. I also have a blanket, some water and some little tools in my car. But it's the fire and a knife are things I feel naked without.

So far I was proven right about the fire making device. We've had a forum meet in the USA. We've made a road trip to the coast. settled at a nice spot with a view and a fireplace... and no one had fire. Neither the hosts nor any of the guests, that - like me - came by plane. And of course there was nobody else there to help us. But we've had a magnifying glass and some sunshine. It took a while but we've made a fire and were proud like Tom Hanks' character in Castaway.

firecamp.gif

• Like 2