Forum Terms & Rules
- Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below.
- If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
- Please remember that we (Sherlock Forum) are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Sherlock Forum or its Administrators. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by use of the "Report Post" button, or personal message/email (admins at sherlock.forum.com) We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Sherlock Forum.
- If at any time you require the removal of your account and its associated data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to know if you require us to remove all comments and threads made by your username or if you would simply like them to be anonymised. It is not possible for the forum software to keep an account active without an email point of contact for the user, for that reason we cannot remove a user’s email without removal of their account from the system.
Code of Conduct
- Be nice! Please treat other members with respect and courtesy, Yes Sherlock that means You too!
- No Ad-hominem attacks, criticise the argument, not the person making it.
- All incidences of "Flaming" or "Trolling" should be reported to a Moderator or Admin, Please do not feed the trolls!
- All members of staff give up their time to moderate the forum on a voluntary basis, and as such any rudeness or failure to comply with a member of staff's request may result in a ban from the forum.
- Posts should be made in a relevant area of the forum, posts made in inappropriate areas may be moved or split into their own topics.
- Obvious spam posts will be removed, persistent or blatant spammers will be banned.