Jump to content

Gumshoe

Members
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

Everything posted by Gumshoe

  1. Thanks guys, that does help. I have googled the phrase but what generally comes up is the passage from "A Scandal in Bohemia", and no specific clip comes up on youtube. But having a sense of which show I'm looking for specifically should make this a bit easier, even if it involves renting some dvds.
  2. So, let me explain my situation. I use a passage from "A Scandal In Bohemia" to teach English students the difference between summary and analysis--I can quote the larger passage if people like, but it is the one in which this immortal line is uttered: "You see, but you do not observe." Not having a great knowledge of the Sherlock Holmes films and TV shows, I figured I'd ask here--has this line ever been uttered on the screen? A video clip of this, if I could find one, would probably be a bit more "fun" for my students.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.