Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello. My name is Lauren and I'm from Bloomington, IL USA (which really is south of a town called Normal)

 

 

I'm really not sure how I got into Sherlock. LOL I was a fan of Doctor Who first. I guess i decided to check out Sherlock after watching Matt and Benedict present Steven with the special BAFTA award. I noticed Series 2 of Sherlock on DVD at the store while I was looking in the TV on DVD section and I figured "hey why not?" LOL. Loved it. I had not read any of the Sherlock books as a child. I live in the US and when i was a child, although I was above average in reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books were more up my alley. Thanks to Sherlock and Doctor Who I am majorly addicted to British Television. I watch a lot of it on youtube since I get a grand total of 2 UK TV channels: BBC America (which show mostly Top Gear and Gordon Ramsey-no thanks on those 2) and BBC News. I watch QI and Never Mind The Buzzcocks (the series that had Mark Lamarr, I'd prefer to throw Simon Amstell under a bus). I love getting to learn about another culture and planning a 2016 trip to the UK to celebrate my 30th birthday.

Posted

Hi, Lauren -- welcome to Sherlock Forum! Nice to have another fellow Midwesterner here! :wave2: I'm much further from Normal than you are, but not too far from Liberty IN!

 

Yeah, Sherlock is sneaky, for sure. A friend just happened to turn on the TV one day when I was over, and now we're both hooked. Like you, I read voraciously as a child, including the Little House books (and Alice in Wonderland and a fair number of grown-up novels), but my local library apparently didn't believe in science fiction or mysteries, so I never got into detective fiction until much later, with Lord Peter Wimsey and Nero Wolfe Even then, I don't recall ever reading any Sherlock Holmes stories (though I'd inherited my father's complete set) till the Sherlock series 2 clue words were announced.

 

If you haven't yet seen Series 1, by the way, you have a real treat in store!

Posted

welcome! Im from the US also and don't get british tv really either. ive seen Sherlock on Netflix and I didn't even think about that till just right now haha. im going to have to find it on tv when it comes out now!

Posted

It's an interesting experience to watch an-already-familiar-from-DVD Sherlock episode when it (finally!) airs on PBS. The lines and scenes that have been cut feel so very not there!

Posted

After I watched Series 2 I went and got Series 1 on itunes. I'm glad that I didn't have to play MAJOR catch up like I've had to do with Doctor Who, Qi, and Buzzcocks. It's going to take me years to catch up on that last one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.