Endeavour is a new programme which is meant to depict the enigmatic Inspector Morse in his early days of detective work. I have been a fan of Morse since such a young age that it probably wasn't healthy, and I was wondering if anyone else is as delighted about Endeavour as I am.

(Also, one point of delight for me was John Thaw's (Thaw was the original Morse) daughter, Abigail, being cast as a main character in the pilot and a recurring character throughout the new series.)

Let's see if anyone watches this, or if I'm just a complete geek!

Endeavour is on ITV not the BBC.

I was a little dubious at first, but I watched the pilot and liked it a lot. Shaun Evans had massive shoes to fill when he took on the role made famous by the late, great John Thaw But I think he did a marvelous job. ITV obviously thought so too seeing as they have commissioned a second series.

I was a bit dubious as well. I'm not sure if this is true, but I believe that the original thought was simply to make one single episode--Endeavour--and have that sort of be the nice little prologue. The audiences apparently loved it so well that they comissioned the first series, and now...it looks a bit like they're on a roll.

Oh, and also--

Carol, It shows on Masterpiece on Public Television in America. There's an episode at nine this Sunday. Worth a look, if you've seen any of Inspector Morse. Good show.

Thanks for the info, Alice.  I've never seen any of the associated programs, but maybe I'll give this a try anyhow.

• 5 months later...

I've watched 'Endeavour' and prefer it to 'Morse' - Shaun Evans is really good at playing the young Morse. He has got the 'Morse' idealogy spot on and I hope ITV will do a few more series of 'Endeavour.'

• 1 month later...

They are making more. I'm not sure if I prefer it to Morse, I mean, Morse is the original. The classic! But I really like Endeavour and was surprised by how good it was. There are going to be more episodes, though. :)

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/endeavour-goes-back-production-second-series#.UxO38c6aKho

ITV have already started a second series.........and repeats are being shown on ITV3, Saturday, 9.00pm.

...I feel a bit stupid now...

Stress sometimes keeps one away from the REAL joys in life. ;)

No, Alice you're fine, don't worry. There's quite a number of programmes from the States I've heard about but can't see.

I've had stress too, in the past, not a nice thing but you can get over it. :):wave2:

... and one way to avoid stress is don't beat yourself up about not being perfect.  (Big secret:  Nobody else is perfect either.)

• Like 2

... and one way to avoid stress is don't beat yourself up about not being perfect.  (Big secret:  Nobody else is perfect either.)

Well said Carol :thumbsup:

We're not this nice in real life, of course.   :D   Typing gives us a chance to think through what we're saying, realize that isn't what we really mean, rephrase it, clarify it, and then perhaps hit the Post button.

Oh, same. Honestly, people think i'm abrupt on here, so I doubt they'd have any patience for me in real life. I think that in my search for personality I found my inner bitch and ran with that.

Frankly, Alice, I've always thought of you as very reasonable.  If your "inner bitch" is that civil, then I suspect you're also pretty tolerable in real life!

Well, that is possibly one of the greatest compliments I have ever recieved. :)

It depends upon who you ask, and how much I like you, I guess. I tend not to waste time pretending to like people.

• 4 weeks later...

For me, the late, great John Thaw is and always will be Morse.