Jump to content

mangopony

Detectives
  • Posts

    102
  • Joined

Everything posted by mangopony

  1. Part of me wishes I hadn't seen a non-curled Sherlock, but at the same time, I can't not look for info re: filming!! I wish it wasn't so easy to find, but I feel I also now need 11 months to prepare myself for the lack of curls :(
  2. Happy New Year fellow Sherlock Fans! Have you seen the hype surrounding the fact that his hair isn't long enough to be Sherlock? Makes me wonder if the promo of them in Victorian get up is what we are getting: http://www.hypable.com/2014/11/25/sherlock-2015-special-benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman/ Eagle eyes - keep a look out for any long wigs adorning Mr BC!
  3. Woohoo! Thanks for the clue for the easy one (feel a bit 'D'uh!' now - it's one of my favourite lines! And thanks Carol, nice to be back (although finding time to indulge in my obsession on here is pretty difficult these days due to work so I'll probably see y'all again for the next anagram!!)
  4. I looked it up on twitter but it just looks like a picture of Sherlock and John - no real clues tbh (or at least not to my rubbish eyes!)
  5. Anyone had a bash at the September anagrams yet? I'm totally stumped (again!)
  6. OOH! I did it! Here's a clue.... And if you're still stumped it's....
  7. I can't see a picture. Is it on the Sherlockology site?
  8. I agree Arcadia. Plus he is well fit in it!!! <swoon>
  9. I am so glad that we kept this topic going. I'd be lost without the wisdom and guidance displayed here - well, I wouldn't have a new picture every month as my desktop! Thanks Caya x
  10. It appears to be on Round 4 now and BC appears to have lost out to Hiddles - aw well....
  11. Just watched this and LOVED it! Really great to see some rippling muscle and vest action going on from hunky BC! It's amazing how, in such a short film, and with so few lines, his character is still completely believable as a human. By that I mean, I didn't feel like I was just watching some incarnation of Khan or Sherlock in this, it was a completely new person. God, he's good ain't he?!?
  12. Has anyone found any video of Benedict presenting the award at the Oscars? I've not seen it Apparently he was a proper gentleman and offered Jennifer Garner his arm as they walked on stage - aww!
  13. Yikes, just found this thread and I could lose years of my life catching up - what jolly good fun! It does prove I've not watched any of the episodes enough because I couldn't get any of these! There's my homework for my next holiday from work!!
  14. Oooh, he'd be a great Heathcliffe!!! I'm swooning at the thought already!
  15. Hmmm... Interesting! In my mind the idea of the mask is to hide his deformity rather than because he's ugly. Sadly, I never saw Michael Crawford play the Phantom. I really wish I had (although there is a special place in my heart for the original recording over the more recent ones, including the film!) I find Raoul a bit dull to be honest, and I always felt that Christine didn't so much choose him as go with the safer option because the Phantom scares her too much. Granted, whoever played Christine might prefer it that way coz then she'd get to smooch with Ben! :-D
  16. Couldn't find a topic for this so thought I'd start one - hope y'all don't mind! A thought occurred to me the other day. Benedict has played some epic characters (Stephen Hawking, Khan, Sherlock Holmes) but I wondered if there were any characters you'd like to see him play that he hasn't yet. Mine would be the Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera. I was listening to the soundtrack for this the other day and I think he'd be perfect for it! To me, the Phantom should be attractive enough for Christine to be drawn to him (eh, hello? BC is bee-yoo-tee-ful!!), but also scary and creepy enough to repel and repulse her (see BC's Khan or Paul Marshall). However, he also needs to be gentle and pitiable enough so that we feel his tragedy (Lil Charles and Khan as well to an extent). Benedict could do it all! Plus, his voice is haunting (as evidenced by this from Neverwhere) I'd love to hear him singing this from The Phantom of the Opera - especially the bit where he sings "I am your angel of music, come to me angel of music" - <shivers with delight!>
  17. I should have added - I am also skint and can't afford to go :-( Hope you enjoy besleybean!
  18. Waaa!!! It might not be until 2016 :'( http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/sherlocks-benedict-cumberbatch-first-sexy-holmes-says-mark-gatiss-9175800.html
  19. Nah, it happened surely! It seems the sort of daft thing he'd do. Then again, all the interviews and stuff on the carpet afterwards and there's been no mention of it....
  20. I hope it's real! It's all over the internet! That and Ellen's selfie (which I loved!)
  21. Haha! What a cheeky boy! What award did he present?
  22. The Oscars start at about 1.30am over here (UK) but I've discovered it is only being shown on Sky and we cancelled our Sky Movie subscription a few months ago coz it was costing too much so I can't even record it :'( I'll just have to wait til the videos flood YouTube to watch any of BC's moments on it. Hope those of you staying up/getting up early for it enjoy :-) Night night xxx
  23. Awww Ruthy, I hope you get to see it. It's a wonderful - one of the best I've seen in a long while (and not just because beautiful Benedict is in it!)
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.