Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 8 months later...
Posted

Oh man! I want to see this so badly now and it doesn't come out in the UK til Friday!

 

That clip with the singing - so sweet I almost cried! He's got a lovely voice :applause:

Posted

Has anyone seen this film? I am going with my husband to see it on Monday. (Dear husband is the only family member who doesn't tease me about my deep and abiding love for Benedict.). I also thought about seeing "12 Years A Slave" but people say it is very good but very harrowing, and I am a bit of a wimp.

Posted

I want to see them both too but my boyfriend is sadly less supportive of my love for Benedict so I'll probably be going on my lonesome. Not sure which one to see first though... I too have heard 12 Years a Slave is quite a disturbing watch - maybe not one to sit through alone!

Posted

Went to see this today. It's really good! Meryl Streep is fantastic, as is Julia Roberts. Oscar buzz is well deserved.

 

More importantly, Benedict is wonderful in it. His character (Little Charles) is sweet, naive and adorable, and played beautifully. I highly recommend it.

Posted

Nice to hear you enjoyed the film. I am really looking forward to it. Husband isn't bursting with enthusiasm but I have bulldozed him into it. (Just as I dragged him along to "The Fifth Estate" and "Star Trek: Into Darkness", and got him to sit through "Wreckers" and the box set of "The Ends Of The Earth". Took daughter to both screenings of "Frankenstein", though, as she likes Jonny Lee Miller...) I am interested to see Benedict in a gentler, more naive role, as he often plays people who are in control.

Posted

This is probably the wrong place to ask if anybody actually went to see the film for Meryl Streep... ;) One of my favorite actresses. I am impatiently waiting for a movie theater around here to show it with the original audio. Glad to read so many of you liked it.

Posted

Meryl Streep was brilliant in it. I'll confess Benedict was my sole purpose but he's (sadly) not in it all that much.

Streep's performance was mesmerizing though so my attention was more than captivated in the scenes Ben wasn't in. Julia Roberts is also superb.

Posted

We saw it yesterday and thought it was very good. It was the first film I've seen in which I could believe that the character played by Julia Roberts was a real person. I was surprised by how good she was.

 

My only complaint was that Benedict was not in it enough. The character he played was so sweet and defenceless. I just wanted to mother him.:)

Posted

That was my only complaint too Slithytove. It was really interesting to see Benedict play a role like this - he did it so well!

 

Can I ask people who have seen it what they thought of the ending? (Using spoiler boxes obviously!!) Really hope my spoiler box works....

 

 

Where was Barbara (Julia Roberts' character) going at the end? Was she abandoning her mum? She was still in her jammies!?!

 

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

It hasn't been released in my town yet - hopefully in the next two weeks.

 

I saw Benedict in '12 Years A Slave' and 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' - thought they were great films. I want to see 'August: Osage County' as the trailer looked terrific and a great story and of course, a bonus, because Mr Cumberbatch is in it. :D

Posted

That was my only complaint too Slithytove. It was really interesting to see Benedict play a role like this - he did it so well!

 

Can I ask people who have seen it what they thought of the ending? (Using spoiler boxes obviously!!) Really hope my spoiler box works....

 

 

Where was Barbara (Julia Roberts' character) going at the end? Was she abandoning her mum? She was still in her jammies!?!

 

Not good at spoiler boxes, so I'll just say.....I don't know. Not far, because of her PJs!

Posted

 

That was my only complaint too Slithytove. It was really interesting to see Benedict play a role like this - he did it so well!

 

Can I ask people who have seen it what they thought of the ending? (Using spoiler boxes obviously!!) Really hope my spoiler box works....

 

 

Where was Barbara (Julia Roberts' character) going at the end? Was she abandoning her mum? She was still in her jammies!?!

 

Not good at spoiler boxes, so I'll just say.....I don't know. Not far, because of her PJs!

 

 

Yes, that's what I thought... A friend of mine went to see it and thinks

she was abandoning her too

 

Posted

I'm a bit annoyed as 'August: Osage County' may not be shown in my town. It has been shown in odd places but there seems to be a lot of films out at the moment and our cinema has to pick and choose. :rolleyes:

Posted

Awww Ruthy, I hope you get to see it. It's a wonderful - one of the best I've seen in a long while (and not just because beautiful Benedict is in it!)

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

There's been a lot of films on but 'August: Osage County' was trailered but a girl who works there said that they don't always show all the films. I'm still hopeful it will come here - eventually.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.