"Reichenbach" Revisited

Interesting observation on the side: Anderson is present and involved in all three solutions offered in TEH.

Knowing Moftiss that could mean something or it could mean nothing at all.  But it is more for us to speculate on: why Anderson was involved in all 3 possible solutions.

• Like 1

Sherlocked CAMPer, yes it could just be a funny coincidence. It probably is. It just struck me as odd that none of the 3 solutions - bogus or not - involved Sherlock's closest friend John or Lestrade, who as a police officer should be mighty interested in clearing this up.

As to the Lazarus solution, I laid out a reason in my posts above, why it might've been recorded and told to Anderson, if Sherlock was interested in spreading misinformation.

• Like 1

To wrap this up: One can explain all this with super carelessness, which would really disappoint me, considering that it's one of the most important scenes in the show. Or we can work with the idea that the continuity breaks (and there are more than just the trees) might be there deliberately. Because they want to point out this is one version in Sherlock's mind - which mustn't be necessarily completely true. Like the other two versions which play out in Andersons mind, when he tells Lestrade the bungee theory and when he listens to the version of his female club member who doesn't want to wear hats.

Interesting observation on the side: Anderson is present and involved in all three solutions offered in TEH.

It just struck me as odd that none of the 3 solution - bogus or not - involved Sherlock's closest friend John or Lestrade, who as a police officer should be mighty interested in clearing this up.

As to the Lazarus solution, I laid out a reason in my posts above, why it might've been recorded and told to Anderson, if Sherlock was interested in spreading misinformation.

Were you already paranoid before you joined the forum, littlefoot, or did you just catch it from us really fast?  ;)

I suspect that something between your two explanations might be closest to the truth -- they didn't bother with being super-accurate because they were filming something like Anderson's take on Sherlock's recollection of what he was willing to share.  I like your comment about him sharing it with Anderson (of all  people!) in order to give that version to the "Empty Hearse" club -- possibly in hopes that it would stop them from conjecturing further (though I doubt that it's worked any better with them than it has with us).

No Carol, I didn't catch the Sherlock paranoia virus here, lol! I was infected already 2 years ago. And since Mofftiss have a record of misleading their suffering fans, I simply can't convince myself that the Lazarus solution is the best they could come up with and the last we will get re: The Fall. IMO there are too many things not adding up or being executed apparently with a lack of care. And the Moriarty tv appearance gives them a perfect reason to revisit the fall in season 4.

Question: is it annoying or unsettling to my fellow Sherlockians if I post about my doubts? I could open up a new thread just for those who are still interested in the puzzle and think it might not have been solved yet. I can totally understand that most fans are really over it and want to move on.

Meanwhile I could make do with an improved version of Lazarus. A little snazzy tune improves the scenario mightily ;)

http://greencarnations.tumblr.com/post/72136012463/somebody-said-the-airbag-solution-scene-could-be

Seems to me like your ideas and questions fit right in with this thread's overall topic -- trying to figure out What the Heck?  :D

• Like 2

Ok, Carol, then it's all good :)

As I said before I re-watched Christpher Nolan's movie about two duelling magicians lately. It's really astounding how many themes and ideas made it into RF and TEH. Even the enigmatic little rubber ball is there as a tool for escapes (although it's not perfectly clear how exactly the magician uses it, probably just for distraction ) . Mofftiss seem to be great fans of Nolan. The idea of planting an idea in someone's head for using and manipulating this person later (you can't kill an idea...) could be straight out of "Inception". If Mofftis are as sneaky as Nolan, this quote doesn't bode well for us fans:

"Are you watching closely? Now you are looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course,you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled"

Last words from "The Prestige" 2006, Christopher Nolan

As I said before, I think Mofftiss DID tell us in TEH how Sherlock has done it. They aren't lying. They just hid the real solution very cleverly in all three versions from TEH. Like the magicians they want to be. But we're supposed to work it out. They don't serve us the real solution on a silver plate. I've no idea if they will ever spell it out, should my idea be correct. But they might serve up bits and pieces whenever it's relevant for the story line they're following.

I will try to come up with a plausible narrative. Then my fellow Sherlockians are invited to "insult away". This site has helped me a lot already.

There are many Sherlock fans btw who don't want to work it out. They want to be fooled. My sister who is a very clever woman never wanted to take part in my puzzle solving. She said she just wants to lay back, be surprised and enjoy. To a certain extent she might've more fun with the show.