Jump to content

stick

Detectives
  • Posts

    21
  • Joined

Everything posted by stick

  1. The pool scene, Irene first encounter with Sherlock and John, Sherlock and Mycroft hat scene, Sherlock and Mycroft playing operation, the burglar window sequence, Sherlock and Moriarty on the roof, Sherlock talking on the laptop because the case isn't interesting enough for him go there, parts of the best man speech, the pool scene being interrupted by the phone going off, Sherlock questioning himself after he believes he's seen the hound, Molly Christmas gift bit, and there's so many lines that are brilliant. That's quickly from the top of my head there's probably loads of moments I've left out that should be highlighted. The show is so good its really hard to put a few scenes above all others when its so full of note worthy scenes.
  2. That would work. Be quite interesting how Sherlock would handle it if the stakes were high, would there be a difference in the way he is because the case hits home.
  3. Where to start. It's hard to narrow down favourite scenes because the show is full of so many amazing scenes.
  4. I saw it as Moriarty being bored with life and wasn't interested in living any longer, he thought death was a better option.
  5. Yeah guilty of using well know phrases there, not a believer in love at first sight myself, as you say its just instant attraction.
  6. I feel sorry for Tom. I don't think even Sherlock knows how he feels about Molly.
  7. Predictable I know but Irene because, well do I really need to say why her first scenes says it all
  8. Love to see more of Mycroft though I don't think a episode centred on him would be a good idea (though happy to be proven wrong) I think he works best as someone who pops up from time to time, this might only make sense to me but seeing him to much would actually take away from the character. So I would like him to continue to pop up and be important but I wouldn't want him to dominate a episode. Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship is my favourite of the series.
  9. I wasn't fussed about watching it there had been trailers but I just thought oh another detective show we haven't got enough of those and dismissed it, though the fact it was Moffat and Gatiss behind it did peak my interest but ultimately I wasn't interested enough to make a point to watch it, but the day it aired I turned on my TV and it was on and about 20 minutes into the episode and I thought oh its that Sherlock program and then it just grabbed my attention and I thought it was amazing, watched it again in full the next day.
  10. It could just be a simple case of seeing someone or maybe in this case hearing about someone and being interested/attracted to them, and that doesn't necessarily means a sexual attraction, kind of like love at first sight when someone feels a connection with a person even though they have only had a snap shot of them, that snap shot intrigues excites and is full of possibilities.
  11. Yes, it's great, and BTW, welcome to the forum! Thank you. happy to find somewhere I can talk about Sherlock
  12. As some one from the UK (wales) I see a lot of American films have the British as villains and we are so often in American comedies (like Friends) treated like jokes, where they use stereotypes that have no baring on the real world or what people in the UK are actually like or what our living conditions are actually like (very few of us live in big mansions in a field). Its a bug bear of mine for example that the few shows that the UK make that gets attention in America (media) are shows like Downton Abbey which just reinforces the stereotypes of Britain that America has, which is far away from the lives of 99% of the people in UK. So I could understand if writers in the UK reaction to this is to make some villains American as a sort of lets return the favour for always making us the villains, in a friendly ribbing kind of way. Its a shame that the really interesting and modern stuff that we make doesn't get its chance over America because it means they miss out, like how we in the UK would miss out if we didn't get the best of what America make.
  13. The problem with this episode is its just not on the same level as the rest, it doesn't draw you in to the point of not wanting to blink in case you miss something. Its not that its bad as its not, any other show (detective ones) producing an episode of this quality would be happy and the audience too but Sherlock's overall quality is so high that this episode not being on the same level as the others means there's a sense of indifference about it.
  14. The first time I watched this it didn't really sink in, I thought it was good but kind of all over the place but when watching it again I got it. Its a sublime piece of television.
  15. This pilot shows that programs need a healthy development time to really lock down what it is trying to be.
  16. I think all the changes they made from the pilot to the proper episode were for the better. Its a good thing they got to do it again and really get the best out of it.
  17. For me this is the one weak episode the show has done, its not terrible but there just seems to miss a spark and flare that all the other episode have.
  18. Perhaps its a flashback to their ancestors who happened to be doing the same thing as Sherlock and John, they find out about them and then try to solve a famous case of theirs that they failed to solve. There's no chance that's what is actually going on but the idea turned up in my head regardless.
  19. Could the bear with the scarf be Sherlock's and the other bear belongs to his secret twin, the other brother (cue dramatic sound effect)
  20. What about an episode set in another country, I was thinking something like Hong Kong or New York, what with Sherlock being famous people from around the world might be interested in his talents to solve a mystery that no one else can
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.