Jump to content

MrsMiggins

Detectives
  • Posts

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MrsMiggins

  1. Something I wonder to this day.... Why did sherlock have a riding crop??
  2. Just when they are travelling and doing the phone scenes in the beginning, the way they film it seemed very low budget.
  3. I'm thinking it will be some kind of dream or daydream from sherlock where he finds himself in the past. Ooh ooh... Or maybe there is a case in real life he is trying to solve, but he needs to revisit the past to crack it. So he retreats into his imagination and pretends he's back in Victorian times to find the answer. 'Imagine how I would solve that back then .. then apply the principle to modern day'
  4. Oh yes there is no doubt she loves John, it is good to watch :-D I won't be devastated if she hangs around. I would just feel better if I knew her past (and John did too) and then could embrace her as a character rather than a plot twist.
  5. What?! Why would you want to see that? John murdering his own wife, his one true love? Wow, that's too dark even for my morbid standards! I can't quite decide whether I want Mary to leave the stage, so to speak, at some point or no. On the one hand, I'd like them to follow the original story, in which she is definitely gone when Holmes returns, but it's never explicitly said that she's dead. Part of me wants the boys back together at Baker St, and wants Sherlock to buy John out of his practice secretly via Dr Verner (see the beginning of "The Norwood Builder", this is not some creative shipper's fantasy, I swear). On the other hand, I'd feel so sorry for John if he lost Mary. The original Dr Watson's love for his wife was not very compelling for the reader, and I couldn't have cared less for the original Miss Morstan. She was boring, and I got the impression that she was written in to sell more books and to prove some kind of a point. But in this version, it seems to me that Mary is really the love of John's life. They are both very real to me, separately and as a couple. They belong together, the way only fictional characters can. They were made for each other. It would hurt to see them torn apart, and while I'm not quite sure whether I like Mary or not, I definitely like John and his loss would break my heart. I'd also feel sorry for her (I already feel sorry for her). Also, I would hate it if they killed her, and a lot of people would cheer. They haven't exactly made it easy for the audience to like poor Mary. Some were set against her from the beginning, and others were alienated by the events of His Last Vow, both of which I find understandable. If they do something bad to her now, who would be left to mourn her? How would that work as a tragedy? Not at all. It'd be like a villain death, and Mary is not a villain. She's supposed to be one of the "good guys", or what passes for good guys in Sherlock, anyway. If they kill Mary, they have to make everybody like her first. Or at least almost everybody. Seems impossible, so they should just leave it alone, in my humble opinion. I'm almost willing to bet someone that Mary won't die, by the way. Because that would be way too predictable, and besides I have a feeling the creative team loves her way too much to let her go. Well, Mary is John's wife. I think we all agree Sherlock cares about John, no? Besides, it did seem as if Sherlock and Mary had become friends, too, and he's just not the kind of guy to let a little bullet hole in his chest stand in the way of that. Besides, I still maintain Sherlock would have killed Magnussen eventually anyway, because it was the only solution, really. The vaults had to be destroyed, and the vaults were inside Magnussen's brain, so driving him nuts or shooting him in the head would have been the alternatives, and compared to debilitating insanity, I actually think the head shot could be considered more humane. I agree that the creative team seem to love Mary... As romantic and lovely as it would be, true loves don't exist. She isn't his true love, because she was false from the beginning. He shows this with his unwilling to look into her past. He loves the Mary he thinks he knows and he doesn't want to taint that with the truth. ...yet if the truth came out and it was terrifying enough I think he could turn on her....
  6. Well, that'd be different! I would say how could they, because that would be totally opposite to the canon John -- but that's what I said about Mary. So I'll just say, I hope not, partly because I don't think John could live with that, partly because I'm not sure that I could. Yes it does seem contrary to his character, but we have seen snippets of his temper (shouting about his leg in the first episode, sherlock in a headlock etc) It would have to be something monumental to provoke him into killing her. But it could be done ;-) I want to see John's anger
  7. Oh, my other half has a theory that moriaty had a fake gun, was shot with a paintball to the back of the head and waited till sherlock jumped before making his escape. Personally I disagree, I reckon he's found some way to ensure that if sherlock didn't jump, it would trigger a group of people to continue moriatys hate campaign against him. hence why moriaty hasn't appeared while sherlock was 'dead'
  8. I just hope Mary dies.... Preferably because John kills her I bet he finds out what info was on that USB and it's something really personal to him and he goes mad and kills her. It's not that I don't like the actress, but I find her such an annoying character to have hanging around she doesn't bring much to the plot and it feels as though her past has just been invented to make her more interesting. also it really annoyed me that sherlock lost it and killed Magnussen (sp?) Simply because he had intel on Mary. I mean why did sherlock care so much??
  9. For me, I found it a little slow. Not boring or uninteresting on the first watch but just... a bit slow.
  10. Hello all and thanks for your replies :-) I re watched the episode and came to the conclusion there MUST be two phones, She sent him her phone for Xmas, and texted him to tell him it was on the mantelpiece *doh* Also that finally answers my burning question of why they kept calling it 'camera phone' when all phones are camera phones these days. They MUST have been trying to say that she had two, the camera phone with the sensitive pictures and data, and a personal phone for communication. Darn it, one of these days I'll find an unsolvable flaw hehe.
  11. Just finished watching it. Very glad it was redone but I also enjoyed a younger cheekier sherlock. But very happy he ended up playing him slightly different, this seemed like more of a pre-sherlock early days episode as if he was fresh out of education with too much enthusiasm. The cab green screen shots were cringey and argh I even had to turn away for the full-moon rooftop shot lol
  12. Hi there! I'm new and have joined because I am a new viewer (binge watched on Sky, then got the bluray box set for S3) Adore it of course, but have a critics mind and something is driving me bananas. Having just watched A Scandal in Belgravia; I'm wondering how Adler managed to text Sherlock just before her 'beheading'. Mycroft had her phone, she was set free, ended up in hot water... we know mycroft had the phone the whole time as he handed it over to John in the café, and John said it had been wiped clean. If she had a new phone or a new number then her goodbye message would not have had her personalised ringtone on it when Sherlock received the message. I can't be the only person who has noticed this surely...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.